Eat The Dungeon General Discussion

Still gotta put in the buff behavior and the party select screen, but bard should be in the game next week or the one after!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/eat-dungeon-5-28-27198676

5 Likes

An idea: Maybe you could have an item that allows you to slow down time? Like if you know youā€™re coming to a battle where timing is critical you could enter a bullet time mode? Donā€™t know if that would be easy to code or if it would work out, but it seemed like an idea to mention

3 Likes

I have been thinking about putting in time controls, like pause and fast forward. Maybe this could be part of that.

1 Like

A pause would be especially appreciated!

2 Likes

In that case Iā€™ll consider it more seriously.

1 Like

The hell is an Amino?

1 Like

I think itā€™s like a micro Social Network that revolves around a particular aspect of pop culture, such as a video game or other specific genre of media.

1 Like

Isnā€™t amino supposed to be for kids and teens? I donā€™t want to be promoting ETD in those kinds of communities.

2 Likes

But why hell would he ask for amino if itā€™s for kids and teens

2 Likes

Iā€™ve got a buddy (weā€™re in college) who uses a horror movie Amino. Now Iā€™m a little worried lol

1 Like

itā€™s mostly the timers what bother me the overall length of levels might have to be toned up a little but to make up for a timer speedup just to keep levels lengths a decent amount, that being said yeah the biggest problem was having to wait 10-15 seconds for timers since thatā€™s not exactly fun

1 Like

maybe adding a better tutorial would be a good idea while the game isnā€™t super difficult to understand there are things like the warriors shield and the clerics heal things that can easily be overlooked by players going into the game, I speak from personal experience as this happened to me. (but maybe iā€™m just stupid who knows)

1 Like

We get it- this however is not the time, as all discussions should be focused on Eat the Dungeonā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m really looking forward to this new update, the design of the bard looks great!
This really seems like itā€™s starting to be more and more fleshed out,
and Iā€™m really excited to see the way this game heads!
Well done on all fronts!

1 Like

Itā€™s entirely possible Iā€™m wrong about Amino, Iā€™ve never used it myself.

Iā€™ve been thinking about capping the max attack timer in some way lately.

I want to put in a way to learn about the game outside the initial tutorial. Probably tooltips for a lot of things.

ETD will probably have something like 8 - 16 characters by the time its finished. I want to triple the number of weight images for each character at least.

I hope the thief will look good lol.

Thank you!

2 Likes

ā€œi want to triple the number of weight imagesā€

will that include some new tiers for fullness or just pure weight?

1 Like

Both

Thank you, Iā€™m glad people like ETD so much.

5 Likes

Will one of the characters be pear-shaped?

3 Likes

I second this :grin:

1 Like

Donā€™t we already have one
I want to see a knight

1 Like