Elfas hambrientas

Did you beat the boss in Library, if so how?

Yeah, I did.
The trick is surprisingly simple: All you really have to do is take all the girls out on dates until they reach their full size, after which you will get a new recipe (you arenā€™t told, just look into your inventory).
Most of the things you need for the recipe can just be bought, except for one which you only get at the end of peppers (white chocolate girl) quest - fair warning, you will need a lot of money to make enough of this iten to beat the library boss.
Another thing I did is beat the special enemy next to the castle and then talk to the weaponsmith in the big city (pueblo al paso or something like that) after giving him his tools back, from the cave. He will give you a few really nifty items, including an amulet you can use to get extra turns with Juan, Citya and Moni (you have to equip it to Juan instead of boots) - be warned, this amulet makes it so Juan ā€œantojarā€ move doesnā€™t always come first, so you will have to plan for that.
If you are having problems with her damage output, Iā€™d suggest you use Moni to give yourself elemental resistance (cuts damage from around 2000-3000 to only a few hundred) and just use sanacion III with the Elf every turn.
The fight should be over fairly quickly if you did everything right.
If you are having problems gathering enough money for all the dates, just remember that you can give Wood from the haunted forest to the woman in the floating House for some really good rewards.

I hope this helped, if you have any other questions feel free to ask!

1 Like

Hey, I just wanted to ask where I can find those guys that were working on the translation?
Iā€™d like to help them out with it a little bit

I have a google doc with most of the main parts of the story translated, albeit with Google Translate so itā€™s not exactly perfect. I think there used to be a discord link too, but that expired. I havenā€™t quite finished on the new stuff from the update though.

3 Likes

Ah thanks, I just found it further up.
Iā€™ll see what I can make of it and try to make it a bit easier to read, Iā€™m pretty good at interpretation and such, and since this is more of a guide that should work well enough.
Thanks for pointing it out

Actually, does anyone have an idea how I could get to the text data in the game files themselves?
I think I should be able to do a proper translation in about a week, since I have a lot of free time right now, but I donā€™t know where the proper files are, so thatā€™s a pretty big blockade
Thanks in advance!

Iā€™ve given you the permissions to edit if you want to chip in or do that thing you were saying with altering the gameā€™s text itself. I think someone mentioned a program on doing that up there too, but I donā€™t quite remember.

Thereā€™s a program called translator++. It can extract all readable text. It is also able to make a machine translation(Seems to be mostly geared towards japanese, but can do a standard google translation of everything else) and allows you to add your own improved translation. Afterwards you just have to replace the data files correctly.

Yeah, Iā€™m currently workign with that, translating everything by hand. So far, Iā€™ve done a few parts, but Iā€™ve still got a ways to go
(just got done with enemy names, so next up are all the items , oh boy).
I have no real idea how to replace the files afterwards, but Iā€™ll cross that bridge when I get to it.
Also: I think I might add a bit of flavour text to some items, since a lot of the descriptions are pretty repetitive (a lot of ā€œthis is used in cookingā€ and such), so itā€™ll be more of ā€œmy takeā€ on the game.
Iā€™ll try to keep the dialog as close as possible, with some necessary adjustments made for English.
So yeah, it should be a full translation of the game!
It should hopefully be done sometime this week, unless life happens; maybe itā€™ll be a new years gift for yā€™all!
Anyway, I gotta get back to it.

4 Likes

With regards to replacing the files:

• Before trying anything, make a backup

• All data are in the Game.rgss3a file. Youā€™ll need to decrypt it. (There are various tools for that on the internet.)

• Once decrypted youā€™ll need to remove Game.rgss3a, as it takes priority.

• Put the decrypted data where Game.rgss3a used to be.

• After that take the data exported from translator++ and copy and replace.

That should do it in theory. Last time I did something like this I still ran into a scene that broke down and had to replace a few files with files in the original language. Given that I didnā€™t know the original language and havenā€™t created any rpgmaker games, I canā€™t say what went wrong, but itā€™s something to look out for.

1 Like

Well here is m game already corrected and ready to be edited in English.

3 Likes

A guardian angel has arrived with decrypted data (Thanks Juan). So you can ignore my last message. Now all you really need to do is export the data and replace. (Heads up. Thereā€™s a limit to how much data google will allow you to machine translate, so be careful about machine translating the game to many times)

If I can pipe in, donā€™t rely on pure machine translation. Not only will formatting be a bit finnicky, putting the text back into RPGMaker, it wonā€™t necessarily be a perfectly clear translation.

Run it by native speakers who can help you keep it clean and clear.

Hey Everyone, sorry for not responding sooner, but my family and I were stuck at a gas station for the better part of yesterday, we only got back into internet-accesible territory now.
First of all, thanks for the data Juan, Iā€™m currently downloading it (might take a while, the internet here is iffy at best) and that should help with getting the translated version running.
Second of all: I doubt the translations will be ready before new year, but I will try my best to get it up by the end of this week or next monday at the latest.
As for a status report: I got done with all items and such and Iā€™m currently working on the story. I havenā€™t gotten very far yet, as Iā€™m doing all by hand, but at least Iā€™ve got some progress.

TL;DR: Couldnā€™t do much for the last two days, but Iā€™m back at it now. Expect the translation soon.

7 Likes

So, I accidentally skipped through the lady outside the whackburger bathroomā€™s dialogue and now I donā€™t know what she wants. Anybody less stupid than me know what sheā€™s hungry for?

hello, you have to buy a house for her, in real estate, you can pay 100,000 or use a gold gem.

Thanks, dude. Iā€™ve now finished the game and I think I managed to find all the content. (the library fight was crazy hard, until I finally bothered figuring out what anojar doesā€¦ I shouldā€™ve done that way earlierā€¦)

On the whole, the gameā€™s excellent. The difficulty curveā€™s a bit wobbly for me, but thatā€™s just personal taste. Great weight gain scenes, which is the important part.

The one suggestion Iā€™d make, if itā€™s not a huge pain to make happen, would be to leave the doors to girls in the city whose quests youā€™ve completed open rather than having them disappear afterwards. Itā€™d just be nice to be able to go back and see what youā€™ve accomplished.

Thanks for making a cool game!

3 Likes

Hey Guys, itā€™s me again!
This time, I have a simple question: will the game freak out if I donā€™t translate one part of it?
During my translating Misadventures I found one Folder that messed my brain up, ā€œscriptsā€. This beast of a folder had over 600 LINES OF TEXT, and most of them werenā€™t even in Spanish, but in Japanese!
Now, I thought about just copy-pasting everything into the ā€œtranslationā€ Column, but thatā€™d be over 600 lines, and I really am not in the mood for that. So, I wanted to ask if stuff will get messed up if I just donā€™t touch that one folder, or if I have to look forward to a ā€œfunā€ few hours with Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V.

As for a quick status report: I managed to get some good work in, but Iā€™m still not even half way done with the story (just finished dwarven village a few minutes ago). At least I have all the main base stuff done, as well as a good part of most sidequests.

TL;DR: Shitā€™s tough, but Iā€™m working on it, so donā€™t worry too much.

1 Like

DO NOT Translate the scripts. leave em be. I have done personal translations on the 0.74 and 1.0 versions and had to scrap everything and start over cause i translated the scripts like an idiot. Most of the scripts appear to be in english as function operations any ways so just copy the folder. Also an fyi if you havenā€™t got there yet the scrolling black screen text for characters like britany + susan has to be manually translated in rpgmaker as for some reason translate++ wonā€™t touch them.If your doing things solely the rpgmaker then ignore most of the text wall and good luck.

2 Likes

Thanks for the hint, dude.
Luckily, I have enough common sense to not touch stuff I donā€™t know shit about, so I left the scripts untouched. Also thanks for the black screen stuff, Iā€™ll see about that when I get there, thankfully Juan put the decrypted files out, so I can just go in there and change the text directly (thank god I have RPG maker installed).