Elfas hambrientas

Hello everyone, I bring good news!
First of all, Happy New Year to everyone on here, I hope 2020 will be great for us all and bring many new and great Projects!
Second of all, get hyped! This is my final Status Update before I bring you all the full translated Version of the Game! I managed to get a ridiculous amount of work done yesterday and today (from ~40% to ~90%) so now I’ll do the last few parts and maybe do a bit of a test run to see if it works! After that I’ll finally upload it for everyone to enjoy, which should be roughly tomorrow.

TL;DR: The translation is most likely coming tomorrow or the day after that!

7 Likes

great, if you have any questions about how to translate a certain word or frease tell me.

3 Likes

Thanks for taking time out of your day to translate!

1 Like

Umm, hey everyone!
I know I said that the previous Post would be the last update before I would bring you the translation, but I really underestimated my own Stupidity. You see, I am done with the Translation and have already ported the new Scripts over to the Decrypted Game, which all worked perfectly well. The Problem is that I sorta overlooked the fact that Paragraphs and such are not made by the Translator automatically… so half the Text is off-screen…
But! Don’t worry, I’m already on it and adding all the correct Spacing, which should only take a few Hours! Still, I’m afraid I will have to move the “release Date” to tomorrow, since I have some other Stuff left to do.
So yeah, I’m really sorry about the delay, but I need to fix this first, I hope y’all understand and can forgive me.

7 Likes

I warned you about spacing bro!!!
I told you dog!

2 Likes

Yeah, but I misinterpreted that I’m afraid. I thought it only happened with Machine Translation as in Google or whatever, but yeah, I’m back on it now after getting the other Stuff done. Maybe I’ll pull an All-nighter and get it out in a couple of Hours, since I know that I’ll be gone Tomorrow and get enough sleep then…
But yeah, should have read that advice better.

Hey,it’s me one last Time!
So the Game’s pretty much done and works ok, but does anyone know how I can change the names
in the Crafting menu? For some reason all the names and descriptions are still in Spanish, even though
their normal Item counterparts are translated?
I have no Idea what went wrong there, and if noone from you knows anything about it either, I’ll just upload the game as is, since it pretty much works in all other aspects.
The Spacing is a tiny bit weird here and there, but 99% of Text is not really affected and readable, just wanted to add that.

1 Like

You know what? Nevermind, it’s 3 AM where I am and I really need some sleep.
Here, I’ll just Upload this Version here, it has everything BUT the Crafting Menu translated, so that should be enough for now.

If anyone finds the Solution to this, feel free to tell me, but I wont be here for a couple of Hours, so yeah.
If there is a Solution I’ll put it in and just put up the Updated Version here instead, but we’ll see.
Anyway, hope y’all like it!

8 Likes

I dont know, if it’s just me or a bug and maybe i overlooked something, but two things i encountered: the text cross over the borders, so sometimes more than half of the text is not readable and the game crashed, when i used the PC.

Hmmmm, I don’t know about the crashing, but the Text crossing over should be gone at this point, with maybe a few exceptions I overlooked.
Could you tell me where the crash happened so that I can see if I messed something up?

Ok, so I looked into the game and it seems that I missed some Text in Juan’s House, did you mean that by the disappearing Text?

Yeah, that one. Also, if when the game tells you to use the computer you instead go into the bathroom the elves reset their positions to when they woke up and you can interact with the couch again. Nothing happens though and you can’t enter your room.

Oh yeah, that is just some weirdness in the game I think, since something like that happened to me with the normal Version, so it’s got nothing to do with the translation.
So, uh, no Idea how to fix that, maybe you should tell @juan_alvarez about it?

I also had the error with the computer, it’s a missing audio file (Audio/SE/Sondio Modem (Dial Up) - Conexión telefónica)
Edit: To fix this, go into that audio/SE folder and rename that file, as the ó had been replaced by [

Ok, so it seems that the Version I uploaded was sorta messed up.
I’m currently going through the game again and trying to fix everything up as good as possible.
Feel free to tell me about any cut-off texts, since I can go directly to the map and fix it faster when
I know where it is.
Regarding the Audio file: That doesn’t happen to me for some reason, so I guess everyone just has to fix that for themselves? Dunno.

Text cut-offs (So far):

• When the Demon stands in front of J-Alfredo’s House
  • When taking the music player, and every scene in Juan’s House after that until the computer (maybe after that as well, couldn’t check right now)
  • That scene with Moni in front of Juan’s house and the pepper spray
  • The elves inside their wooden tree house
  • George’s Hunting and Fishing books in Rachel’s house
  • Juan’s first sentence upon arriving in the city
  • Elves with Moni in the car at J-Alfredo’s House
  • With the cat inside the elves tree-house
  • In the overworld-map after the forrest
  • In the house after the forrest
  • Cat village
1 Like

Okay, renaming the audio file helped me with the Crash at the PC, i think.

Hmmm, I found everything you typed here except for

With the cat inside the elves tree-house

What Cat do you mean? I think I looked at all the Events inside the Treehouse and I can’t find anything for the life of me, do you mean Cytia?
Or do you mean the Conversation with the Cat at the House after the Forest? If so, then I can’t see any Cut-off text there.
Anyway, I think I will Upload the new Version soon, since I looked around a bit more and couldn’t really find anything else.

I meant after you met Cyntia and go inside the Tree-House.
I also found one inside the cat village, inside the house with the fire-wolf

Ok, so after looking around and finding some really well hidden Event Triggers, I think I can finally bring you…
HUNGRY ELVES! So, this should be the more definitive Version of the Transalted Game, with (hopefully) ALL Weirdness gone from it!

This was quite something to make, but I’m pretty happy with how it turned out. If you happen to find anything more that I should fix, you can just post about it here and I’ll see what I can do.

Anyways, enjoy the ride ,everyone!

7 Likes

so…I dont know if this was already explained but…where do I put the rtp file, if I do put it anywhere for the new hungry elves file that Erron just made?