[English Translation] - The Witch and I (ぼくまじょ by @tuki_tarou)

good luck and thank you.

give witch have some helpful magic spell, if boku have some problems, witch can cast a spell to help, like: summon some thing to help in battle, but it will gone if boku sleep; give boku some buff, as first one, it will gone when boku sleep. and all spell cost weight.
also, you can give a limit on witch, you need fatten some one to their limit, drop a item like: The essence of gluttony, and you can give this to witch, make her expand her limit.
if you are more like some bigger then BBW, give witch a spell, it cost 80~95% witch’s weight at limit, create a item can make one girl become Fattest form

I’ve already stated this, but I do not intend to alter the creator’s characters in other ways than the translation. I do not mean to rush the creator at all; as far as I’m concerned, my project is a “fork” of his developed independently in a similar vein to the Feeder Fantasy mods.

I want more content for the game, yes, but I’m willing and able to make it myself. I may make my own game using a similar framework eventually, but if my modifications for this one are well-received then I will continue working on this for a time. If not, or if I’m told to cancel the project, then it’s dead. I dislike doing unwanted things, so if people think this isn’t good now’s the time to tell me to stop before I’ve done too much work on the mod.

6 Likes

Just played through this the other day, and it was quite a good romp.

I do agree that the Witch gains weight way, way too fast for my liking. I’m legitimately worried that I’m missing a lot of her WG dialogue, she gains so quickly.

I do like her idea for a Reverse Hikaru Genji plan, lol. Though I don’t recall the Shining Prince becoming an immobile blob in his version…

6 Likes

Fun game and neat concept.
Characters are nice and the expressions are great.

Only complaint I have is that farming is gold based to a certain extent which can get a little monotonous.

As for gaining.
I kinda agree with the sentiment that the main witch gains WAY too fast if you really try.
I had her shoot up a hundred kg just through some test grinding .

If you wanted to slow it down, you’d probably want to give her a food limit like the Baker (albeit with a higher starting ‘limit’) and make the mass feed option more a ‘just eat till she’s full’ rather than just making her an endless pit.

Otherwise, I’m eager to see where this goes.

7 Likes

Re: the witch: I’m not going to alter the original game’s characters other than translate them.
However, there are six more witches (and many miscellaneous ladies) planned, all with reasonable feeding calculations and some with major boss battles.

I don’t like absurdly fast WG at all, but “Majo-sama” will not be the focus of my mod.

Re: the grinding: trying to work on that with weapons and armor crafting from enemy drops; witchknives (received through events) allow you to cast magic, but other weapons may be better for non-magical combat. Armor with different element resistances and stat distributions is planned, much of it crafted but some sold in the major city that’s the next location I’m working on.

Edit: not sure if anyone’s going to read this, but I’m going to be making a new thread for the mod when I release it. Due to the combat and other changes I’m making, I feel like it’ll be different enough that I should reserve this topic for updates of the original game’s translation going forward.

11 Likes

Sorry for the double-post, but it is my topic, and this might be the last one, who knows.
So, I want to start with an apology. I promised too much when I was in the “honeymoon” phase of figuring out I could actually get RPG Maker MV working well for the first time, and I underestimated the amount of work that would take to make the game I wanted to. I’ve spent maybe 20-30 hours just on the modifications I’m posting tonight. It’s about double the content that was in the original game, maybe more.

However, it’s unlikely that I’m going to continue this project, for two major reasons and some other ones.

The first is that some people were right: I should make my own game if I want to make this big of changes to someone else’s. If I’m going to be putting in 5+ hours of work every night, I want it to be on something I can actually sell someday on Steam or Dlsite, and thus if I do work on a game in a future (besides translations) it will be my own work. Again, I apologize. I over-promised and under-delivered, but this modification does contain two complete WG paths and a section of story that sadly isn’t likely to ever complete unless someone else feels like making their take on it.

The second, and more minor, issue, is that I wanted to make a good, coherent, interesting combat system. I have an idea for that, but it’ll require lots of testing and isn’t compatible with this game’s 1-character-party-for-story-reasons structure. It’s incredibly hard to make a single-character battle system that is interesting, fair, and not absurdly difficult or easy. I’ve found some good ideas that I may use later, but otherwise I don’t enjoy working with the single-character-party.

Again, my apologies for going on about all that stuff and deciding it wasn’t worth my time, but that’s honestly the case. If I’m going to be investing my time, I’d rather it be in something that’s my own and might pay dividends. The only reason I didn’t do that at first was because I had no confidence in doing anything more than tall-sprites, but now that I’ve done work on eventing and something of a battle system, I feel like I’m ready to keep learning and work on something that’s really my own.

Enjoy the mod. The smaller file is the ready-to-play game, and the other one marked EDITNG FILE is the one to be used if you want to take a look at modding it with my stuff as a base.

Major contents: One story boss, one hidden boss.
Two new feedable characters
Lots of teaser story content unlikely to be fulfilled (I’m really sorry. The big city I mentioned? not in there.)
Playing version
Removed due to not working. My apologies, RMMV’s not-used file deployment checkbox is faulty I guess.

Editing version

17 Likes

It is a little disappointing that the project has been abandoned, but I think it is a reasonable decision.
However, I am happy that my work has stimulated your creativity.
I look forward to seeing more of your original works in the future.

Let’s do our best for each other!

16 Likes

Gonna leave a note, here: The version without the editing files is missing an animation file for reacting to basic attacks from enemies, so it stops working if you don’t kill everything in one hit and the enemy returns fire.

Edit: Some audio files seem to be missing, as well, but they don’t stop the game in its tracks when they fail to load. I get the feeling that a script was used to compile this one to save space, and whatever script that is sucks at actually knowing what files are and aren’t in use. I’m seeing this with a lot of recent RPG Maker projects.

7 Likes

You are absolutely right.
Here’s the stupid part: it’s RPG maker’s own compilation script. Whenever Mega finishes taking my file, I’ll be linking a version that I didn’t use the “remove all unused files” functions, and that should work.

In the mean time, I’ll take down that link to a broken game. I may be done working on this, but I have enough pride to not leave something that just doesn’t work up to frustrate people.

This should work.

6 Likes

Thanks for your work in translating this, the quality is so much better than a machine translation. It’s short, but I agree that the gameplay loop is really engaging. Looking forward to what you tackle next!

2 Likes

I’m glad you appreciate it.

I’ve paused my game-dev aspirations for now to work on a tall sprite generator using my own created bank of sprites and the Universal Sprite Generator I found on Steam. Not entirely sure if it’ll work the way I want it to, but if it does it could be a breakthrough for mass-producing tallsprites quickly.

However, if any interesting RM MV games pop up in Japanese, I may be tempted to translate them if I see them.

6 Likes

A bit disappointing, this and the Maid game were my favorites.

The base concept of a crafting-RPG game makes a lot of sense for something like this, and I’ve only seen this and the Fertile Farm game do anything like that.

1 Like

There’s quite a bit going on in this thread, what should I download?
I see a mod, editing version, there’s a lot of download links.

Post~25 for the pure, translated game.
My last post with a link around 43-ish is the final modded version.

1 Like

what maid game are you referring to? I’m not sure if I’ve played a game like this about a maid.

A new japanese weight gain RPG from @3GPG93kDyAAWbKS on twitter - Projects - Weight Gaming

1 Like

Feeding the fairy fairy cake doesn’t remove fairy cake from my inventory but removes fairy pancake instead (or nothing if I have no pancakes?)

anyone else get this?

1 Like

Does anyone know where to get the original JP version of this? I can read JP so would prefer to play that, but searching around for ぼくまじょ doesn’t pull anything relevant up, other than this thread.

The creator has an account here @tuki_tarou . But I would assume their twitter might have it.

3 Likes