Evil Kingdom Simulator - Version 1.0

Ok, good news, the Experimental build is staying under 5% GPU usage now, so whatever you did took care of it.

1 Like

Oh jeez, I’m glad it wasn’t just me. I kept hearing my computer’s fans go to their max when playing this game and I was like, “What’s going on?!” XD

As am I. My laptop has a problem with overheating in the first place, so hearing my fans start screaming wasn’t promising.

Glad that helped. At this point I’m convinced that UE4.27 is just a cursed release, I’ve had more issues with this version than any other engine combined.
At least switching from DirectX to Vulkan and nuking carefully removing parts of the engine code that should have been turned off anyway helped and I don’t have to switch to some random obscure c++ engine last minute :sweat_smile:

Update: Added a poll to decide what events to write first, seeing as I’ll probably not finish all of them

1 Like

This game is amazing!! the horror in some bad ends its simply way to good im just kinda curious there will be some slef weight gain in the future? couse that could lend to some interesting scenarios

Glad you like it. The framework for long term weight gain is there, hopefully I’ll manage to attach some actual events to it before the jam ends

i really like your game, would love to see more content with jessica in the future or continuations of the the current one( liked the path of feeding gir to her and then some sexy time before the maids came^^)

Thanks, don’t worry, Jessica is getting more a bit more spotlight next patch

Why do I die of old age all the time? Is it even possible to expand your kingdom further? I usually don’t get that far even tho I don’t have a problem with food, money and the people… What should I do??

If you’re running the latest version, then just try choosing different responses. If not, update to the latest version, the older ones had a lot of issues concerning this.

I have Beta 3.1 and I usually pick options that lets me get the witches, William as a food scientist, the chocolate slimes with human rights and some smaller bits. Am I doing something wrong?

You get that event when you run out of stuff to do while also not getting an ending. It’s basically a neutral ending.
There’s 1 good ending, 1 neutral endings and a lot of bad endings. Try to choose different options if you want to see some of the endings

Okay, thanks! Didn’t know that

I get that a lot, but I don’t know how to make it more obvious without breaking the 4th wall :sweat_smile:

Oh, wait I’m a dumbass. It’s actually impossible to get the good ending now. I made a typo in one condition. A new version will soon be out, so it should be fixed there.

Sure man. Cool that I helped

Beta 4 is out.
Patch notes are on Itchio as usual.

And I’ll head to sleep because I doubled the amount of lines in the event file with just raw text today

Alright, after 1 hour I give up.
How do you unlock the good ending? I’m discovering only bad endings…

2 Likes

I’m starting to think the happy end isn’t actually a thing. I’ve tried every possible combination in the prompts I was given. Even delved into AppData to delete my save file, picked a different option at the trial and that didn’t help.

Also, is there a specific way to trigger the Nigerian prince returning with gifts? I’ve seen it thrice, but the chance of it happening in a playthough before being given an ending seems to be luck-based. I’m sure there’s something more to it that I’m just missing, but I dunno, just seems like you gotta give him money and hope for the best.