Evil Kingdom Simulator - Version 1.0

I think I managed to get a good ending??? It wasn’t super clear, but it was nice and the name of the game was flashed on screen and I think the game just sort of closed after that. It seemed like a decent ending if anything.

Consider me stumped. I feel like I’ve tried all the permutations (though evidently I haven’t). Regardless, getting the neutral ending in a bunch of different ways is fine (if a tad anticlimactic).

Is there a walkthrough?

Okay, it seems like I’ve made it a bit too convoluted. I certainly didn’t expect people to spend an hour on this game, let alone an hour just trying to find the ending. I think I know flag people are getting stuck on, so here’s the walkthrough for beta 4. I’ll try to make it simpler for the release version

You need to trigger a lot of specific flags between runs, namely:
Get betrayed by the witches
Give the slimes human rights
Have William betray you
Deal with the cults, even if it doesn’t work out in the end
Have the cults release the berries in you kingdom
See the final Gir event(I’m pretty sure this is what’s hard to trigger)

After you’ve seen all of these at least once, start the Gir route again, and you’ll have new options to choose from.

I quickly made Beta4.1 that makes it a bit easier to trigger all necessary flags, I’ll try to make it a bit more intuitive in the release version, but for now, you can just follow the walkthrough (run through the endings again just in case) and you should be able to get it.

When it comes to this event. It’s just a small easter egg I made because I thought it was funny :sweat_smile:
There’s a 5% chance it triggers after picking the option, it doesn’t really change anything other than maxing out the resources, letting you see some events that you’d normally have to work a bit harder for

1 Like

I think I saw the final gir event and figured that was the end since it was pretty nice

Oh, yea. You got it, when the title appears, that’s the end.

is the final gir event the one where you eat her at the end? if yes i have it, i can´t seem to find the cult it seems

Yea, I probably should have mentioned how to trigger the cults in the patch notes, seeing as they’re hooked up to choices that just stopped some routes in the previous versions.
You need to have some progress with the William route while having the Witches angered(and surviving them).
They don’t like it if you step into their lands without introducing yourself or when you use chemical weapons on your subjects during public executions (who would have thought), and sometimes, retaliation doesn’t have to come directly

Hello Kunnos. I have enjoyed this little game when it first came out but ever since one of your later releases, I have found myself unable to play it, do to the later versions supposedly starting to use a certain Vulkan API (related to graphics).

I am unfortunately finding myself in the position where my precious potato of a computer just so happens to not support Vulkan (it’s a laptop with Intel HD Graphics 5500). This is very cheeky of me to ask, but is there any way to make this game run without using the Vulkan API? (somehow the first release of your game could run without issue) Or am I doomed to suffer for not getting a better laptop?

Thanks you.

Good question :sweat_smile:
It’s not a super easy change to make seeing as I gutted the renderer to make it run, BUT it should be possible to at least toggle the API with a startup param (I’ll need to enable them for the next release)

But I can’t vouch they’ll work. Kinda surprised the game even ran in the first place to be honest, Unreal isn’t known for being lightweight

1 Like

I had all of these unlocked but still nothing new.
Still, I have several questions:

1- The witches always betray you if you get more “handsy”?
2- After you deal with the cults, there is no other interactions?
3- Why is so hard to get the 4th interaction with Gir? The game tend to end before it.
4- You need the witches endless food, William and Gir to get the longest playtrough (and the good ending)?

There is something supposed to change in the previous events?

1 - Yup, they view things a bit differently than you do, from their point of view, they’re not betraying you as much as upping the play
2 - Sadly no, I ran out of time, I do have some unfinished events, but they rely on more and more edge cases so it’s hard to get them in. I’ll try to add at least a few, but I’m reaching my writing limits, writing more than 1k lines of text as my first writing project may have been a mistake, but I regret NOTHING :smile:
3 & 4 - The 4th Gir interaction depends on completing other routes. That’s kinda dumb I admit and I hope to make it more easier to unlock in the future

If you can’t start the good ending, are you on Beta4.1? If yes, then to DM me the save on discord and I’ll tell you what you’re missing. I’m currently working on little tip messages to tell you what you should focus on next when you die.

I downloaded it yesterday… And where do I get the savefile?

Oh, yea, I uploaded a new version a few hours ago. The saves are in
…\Appdata\Local\KingdomSimulator
But I think if you download the new version, you’ll find it much quicker.

EDIT: I accidentally released the wrong version of the game, so you may also find the saves in:
GameDirectory\KingdomSimulator\Saved

Huh, pretty sure I’ve done all of these and still am not getting the final ending. I’ve only encountered the giving slimes human rights event in a single playthrough, though.

Cults releasing the berries is one of the bad endings if you fail to figure out what’s going on, right?

Edit: Now that I check, I don’t actually have a save file in the listed location above. But given I’m not getting the intro spiels and whatnot it must be lurking somewhere?

That’s all correct. Is the version of your game the latest(4.1)? The guide doesn’t work for previous versions.
If not, then you can just update it and the easiest way to refresh the flags is to Freeze William’s funds. After that, you should have the ending possible.
I accidentally released a debug version, so the saves are at a different location :sweat: But after you update and refresh the flags, you’ll be able to get it

Thanks. By free the funds you mean put a stop to his embezzling?

Yea, I made a typo in freeze :smiley:

Yep, that did it. Final ending unlock get. Thanks for the help.