ExpanD&D - Expansion and Weight gain themed rules for D&D 5e

There is currently a West Marches style game being held over in the Retrofeed server. We are looking for both players and willing GMs.
In the event that you might be unfamiliar with what a West Marches style game is, the organizer has provided this handy link right here for you to check out and get acquainted with the concept.

As a very inadequate TL;DR: West Marches games involve multiple player parties as well as multiple GMs, and take place in locations that are usually unexplored or unknown. This game will be utilizing the ED&D ruleset that you can find at the top of this thread. As well as a couple additions present in the server itself, and some official books.

Please, keep in mind that this is an 18+ server. In other words, no underage people. If you are caught, you will be immediately kicked out. No questions, no discussion. Do read the rules present at the top of the server upon entering, and the latest post present on the Announcements channel.

How to export the files? I want use this in my solo dnd game online.

If you’re talking about storymaker’s game books, when you open the links it takes you to the GMBinder website. Near the top, there should be a blue button labeled ‘Print/Generate PDF’.

Click on that, and it’ll open a prompt for printing the document but if you click on the selector next to Destination, an array of options will appear including: Save as PDF & Save to Google Drive.

I was wondering if there was a way to make a cleric of the Glutton in a future game for this? I am also looking for a group to play this game with

There are several discord groups which act as a hub for Expand&D gms and players.

-Retrofeed is currently serving as a combination west marches game/ MMO roleplaying hub. The main game works by allowing players to jump into individual missions, giving every the opportunity to play without bogging things down by requiring players to be present every game. It also has all the main Expand&D sourcebooks, regularly updated by storymaker himself. RetroFeed

-Abakhama’s hub has slowed down in recent weeks, but it’s still a fairly popular hang-out spot for weight-gainers of all sorts. I expect that you could find plenty of fellow players, and there’s a ton of DnD resources as well. Abakhana's D&D

-Adipea is one of the largest and the oldest Expand&D servers, which has actually somewhat diverged from Storymaker’s work by creating their own version of the game. It mostly acts a role-playing hub, with a few threads acting as text-based games. It’s a very busy place, but lots of fun if you like that sort of thing. Adipea RP! (18+)

I expect any one of these links could lead you to lots of other fellow players.

4 Likes

Yo, I’m working on a new race I feel would mesh well with ExpanD&D if anyone wants to look at/critique/help expand on.

Wonderful! The Adipea and Retrofees discord forums would definitely welcome the contribution!

I would love to do something with this on Roll 20. If anyone would want to play this with me, just send me a message

Don’t know how much traffic you’re gonna get on here, so you might be better off posting on the Adipea site; I apologize if i seem to be harping about this, but it’s a seriously hopping community, and you’ll find a lot more company on there, than in here.

Having said that, I would definitely be interested in joining a new game. The West Marches game is fun, but it’s not quite what I’m suited for.

I am going to work on transfering/adding these as homebrew content onto DnDBeyond for easy character creation and referencing. Figured I should also get permission before continuing, this is an example using Flabshock:https://www.dndbeyond.com/spells/1026380-flabshock-expandnd (If I gain permission, all content will be seachable and labeled with - ExpanDnD at the end of the name for easy searching)

Honestly posting them to a publicly searchable site like that doesn’t strike me as a good idea. If there was an NSFW toggle, that would be one thing. But people going around looking for standard homebrew ideas shouldn’t have to worry about stumbling across what is clearly fetish content, even if it’s not sexually explicit.

1 Like

Well, the mod team approved the exmaple, but I get where you’re coming from. I can look for a more private option, maybe even use something like google slides to make spell cards for quick reference. Idk felt like a good idea at the time…

Yeah I’d definitely prefer any DnD Beyond conversions be kept private for that reason; this is decidedly not the kind of thing that everyone on DnD Beyond is going to be comfortable with, and putting it out publicly searchable like that to just stumble across rather than it being something you look for specifically is perhaps not the wisest thing or something the mod team will want to keep there.

Tha said, if you wanted to do that conversion work and keep it private and create a DnD Beyond campaign to share that content with people, I’ve got no problems there.

As a DM myself, more monsters please.

1 Like

this seems familiar. aw yes, I made a mistake once, didn’t think this post would make me ponder on an immature version of myself. I wonder how that discord is doing. oh, do you have any recommendations on any virtual groups of expand dnd.

Perhaps, food golems?

Kinda, yeah! That was part of the idea for the race I was working on.

So I didn’t know where to share this, so I decided to here. I found this ruleset for Hyrule, and I thought it would be fun to Think up of ideas for an ExpanD&D version.

https://dandwiki.com/wiki/Hyrule_(5e_Campaign_Setting)

Very well, there’s several ongoing campaigns of both ED&D themed 5e games and other non-D&D games with weight gain elements going on right now. At least there is if this is the one you’re referring to: The RetroFeed

I hate to be that guy, but did you get permission to use people’s artwork in any of this?

2 Likes