ExpanD&D - Expansion and Weight gain themed rules for D&D 5e

We didn’t really have the support for the class on server so we decided to gut it from our book and even made a new Monk subclass with the intent of filling the sumo niche

1 Like

Eyy, because I work in bursts, there’s now a new Blood Hunter order in the document! The Order of the Sin Eater is a somewhat more supportive archetype for the Blood Hunters, at least as far as Blood Hunters go anyway. It’s not a full-on Healer archetype (though that might be an idea to work on later) but it likes to help people not be cursed, even if doing that is bad for their waistline.

Edit: There’s now also the beginning stages of the Liposanguinor monster block in the monster section. At the moment it’s very basic, just a slightly tougher and edited stat block of the traditional Vampire, but I intend to give it more and different abilities as I flesh out what the unique powers of the creature are.

Hey are you still doing sessions by any chance? I’m pretty experienced in 5th ed and am interested

So sorry to ask this but there is another class that is interesting and I think could have a ExpanD&D class but I’m unsure how to do it. the Class is the Lingering Soul it was created by Matt Mercer and I was wondering if it was possible.

The class is pretty obscure, but could probably work by giving them the ability to fatten people up. They wouldn’t be able to gain weight since the class can’t consume food, and neither would they be affected by weight class because they’re ghosts.

Yeah, that’s kind of the thing I was thinking of doing that since I’m using it in a campaign to deal with character death using the class to help deal with character and maybe NPC death.

Ask and ye shall receive. Added the Calling of the Hungry Shade for the Lingering Soul.

ALSO, important general rules update: I finally decided to nail down how much someone can eat in a turn during combat, which you can find in the section of the general rules that covers eating and digestion.

1 Like

Nice thanks for the quick response Storymaker.

Sorry to throw off the page links for some of the higher-numbered pages, but I’ve just introduced the stat block for our first major lore character and boss creature! Welcome Narce, the mother of Lipomancy, whose name is plastered across a good number of spells and items throughout the document already. Stats for her artifact sword to come later.

2 Likes

I can’t recall this forum’s rules on necroposting, but I hope I’m not breaking them.

Either way: Is there any other way to view the ExpanD&D rulebook? It seems that GMbinder’s formatting in anything but Chrome is well and rightly fucked. Entire pages missing. Much as I’ve tried to find a copy anywhere else, because I am not putting Chrome anywhere near my PC, I haven’t been able to. So, at the very least, I’d like to know if it exists or there are plans for it. Alternatively, any other ways to be able to see the document properly, I’m willing to take as well.

Edit: As long as they don’t involve using Chrome.

1 Like

Can’t say I know what you’re talking about, works fine on Firefox 71.0 on Windows 10. That said, if @storymaker wants to upload the PDF, or give me permission to host it, then you could potentially view it that way instead.

I mean, I can upload the current version of the PDF, which is fine since I’m currently not working on anything major for it at the moment, but if I pick it up again I probably won’t immediately be making a new PDF, so it’ll be a bit behind until I decide to.

Thank you much, mate. And apologies for popping up like that, yanno, asking for PDFs and shit.
And about it working fine on W10, probably, sure. But I’m running W7, so it’s a bit of a moot point.
Either way, thanks. I really do appreciate it, even if my writing sounds vaguely assoholic.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone attempted to make this into something similar to the 5e Companion app?

I know that this thread has been mostly dead and the only reason I even saw it is because of the odd bumps it keeps getting, but boy am I glad I did. I have an interest in D&D but i’ve just never had the opportunity to play it, but all these awesome additions really has me considering getting involved a group here. The idea of playing a paladin that swears an oath to gorge herself as much as possible to fatten up and become a literal wall of blubber to defend people is something I never quite knew just how much I wanted. The sumo-based classes are also really appealing.

@Fuarkspace hello! I’m actually a part of a discord server that uses this homebrew and we currently have 5/6 games running that are looking for players, including my own game. If you go to the general forum here, there is a link posted there in a thread byAbakhanskaya. Or, pm me for an invite to the server! :slight_smile: hope to see you there!

Heyyo! I’ve been looking for any sessions that allow the Gaseous Sorcerer class, I know it’s a big of a divisive issue in some discords, so I though it’d be more appropriate to ask here.

Speaking of Divisive, there’s a new update relating to that very thing. Because light slob is actually something that really works for me (read: mostly just fat and gassy, and occasionally a little bit of messiness but not much more than that usually), there’s some new stuff relating to that. Two new Archetypes (Slob Domain Cleric, Circle of the Spread Druid), three new spells(Gaseous Rupture, Noxious Wave, Slovenly Plague). Also I figured out something I’m going to do to make organization less of a headache. I’m only going to have the all spells list actually link to the pages where the spells are at, so I don’t have to go and update 10 different spell lists of hyperlinks every time they all get moved down a page, so the rest of them are just going to list the names and you can go to the all spell lists if you’re looking for a link.

The archetypes in question are definitely much more in-line flavorfully with a more villainous approach to this content, but that’s not to say you can’t make your own more brightly tinted spins on them.

Also they are completely untested and almost certainly not quite balanced. The druid in particular I’m pretty sure is either totally busted or completely useless, and I can’t tell which. Feedback welcome, as well as potential ideas for diseases for the druid archetype.

4 Likes

I’m partial to that sorta thing myself and to a similar degree as you by the sounds of it.
Took a peak at the new stuff you added, and it all sounds pretty fun (especially those spells!). I will have to keep my eye out for a game using them.

2 Likes

Hiya! Not sure when you plan to update this again, but if you do I do have a suggestion in regards to the Salt and Ceremony subclass for Pugilist. For 1, I would recommend that perhaps the DC = 8 + Prof Bonus + Con Mod since Wis Mod results in yet another stat that needs to focused on. Spreading it out a bit too much. Furthermore, I would recommend the third level ability be advantage on attacks from you and disadvantage for attacks against you from this creature until the starts of your next turn. Reason being that even if they failed the save it would be more beneficial to use that Moxie Point to gain that extra attack as a bonus action for a total of four strikes instead of using the whole bonus action to gain advantage on two strikes.