This is 2020’s development page for Expanded lifeform, a mod for Stellaris.
Stellaris is a game about space-faring civilisations with the focus on the species and various types of government. You’re not the only one out there, however, and peace is a rarity. In a world of space pirates, fallen empires, exterminators, or the rare pacifists and rogue servitors pampering their bio-trophies… At least the most latter might give you a swell time!
The mod currently host 5 civics, still work in progress, but fully operational, with two additional techs available to everyone.
- Lustful conglomerates: (“Artists” and entertainers giving your empire a boost in economical growth.)
- Macro warrior culture : (Enormous soldiers, for enormous conflicts in the vast fields, of the vast frontiers.)
- opportunist bio-researcher: ( Reusing the lustful conglomorate concept for a more willy wonka-esque culture that can branch into research or economical bonuses. Grant custom resources, exclusive the bio-researchers or researcher grants.)
- Law of the fattest: (Take your leader on a narration-driven story with three custom-made NPCs, and let these four, lumbering gluttons decide the fate of your empire.)
- Planetary boroughs: (By giving the control of planets off to oligarchs, the administrative capacity is greatly increased.)
- Recreative expansion centers and Adaptative planetary transportation : (Whether in shape, or hilariously out of it, help your civilians survive or keep them from ever having to perform a chore, by equipping most of your population with advanced mobility scooters! .)
These pre-existing civics will be improved upon over time with the additions of narrative events and potential mechanics that can be intertwined with a given concept.
Attempting to make a mod based on social status won’t be easy, and most likely will require me to dip my toes into core files. There is a possibility that the mod might start experiencing incompatibilities once the new content is implemented. People will choose how they wish for the Feeder and the Feedee species right to do over the course of the game, causing events to occur throughout your gameplay and granting or removing the modifiers to either of the species as well.
French translation also needs to be done, it is sincerely somethin i left to the side for way to long due to a busy work and study schedule.
Expansives Tales of the Wide Expanses
With some recent interest into providing myself with financial aid and donations, I decided to take a moment to inform myself about the whole process of providing services and the rulings for modding Stellaris.
Officially, I will be taking commissions for stories whether or not they get implemented due to Paradox’s terms and conditions, but the implementation itself within the mod will be done if the commissionner and myself agree upon it being shared.
The initial pricing for the stories are 5$can or about 3,80$usd. For people who wish to have their event randomly showing up in game (Not only within the Etotwe civic) and potentially having an effect, additionnal cost might be necessary depending on how hard a task is. You are allowed and encouraged to ask for this info to be edited to show your local currency.
The stories themselves can be about stuffing, weight gain, slob(to an extent), inflation (water, air, fruit) or just something normal for all I know, but overall these stories will be fairly short in order to fit on an event card. Few characters, mostly a singular location, for a longer and more complex story, the cost will be incremented by the cost indicated on the first bullet point.
Stories featuring explicit sex cannot be implemented in the mod following the initial commission as they infringe upon Paradox’s terms about modding https://www.paradoxplaza.com/mod-static-info-ca.html
You must have a valid Paypal account in order to commission. The commission itself will only be started once all the relevant info for the story and the payment agreed upon is acquired. If the commissionner no longer wants to buy this service, a full refund will be done assuming that the product was not already delivered.
It’s easier to contact me through discord, but i will do my best to check the forums for any direct messages (DM) and my email every day. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The story will be sent in a .word document through The commissioner’s email and Discord if they wish.
Any additionnal relevant question will be added to the QnA
Thanks you for your interest and support for my mod
The mod has been released! Here is a direct link to the steamworkshop page!