Expanded lifeforms (Stellaris weight gain/inflation mod)

The mod is now released in it’s beta form!
May you all have a good time with the initial form of the mod!

Here is a direct link to the steam workshop page.

Look at that! it’s free week end! so you can try the mod and the game at the same time!

This is too perfect to be a coincidence

1 Like

This is pretty good, unfortunately, I only have the DRM free version of this game through GOG, would there be a possibility to have an external download link for this mod? If not, it’s fine, I can probably figure out how to extract it

Reading from your mod description, quite a lot of work went into it and for that, I appreciate it

The mod seems pretty good so far! Lots of nice expansion additions. English needs work but you can understand what does what at least! I still gotta get use to a lot of the changes to the game but I’m sure I’ll enjoy the mod more once I do! Keep up the good work :heart:

1 Like

It saddens me that you require a DLC in order to use this mod…

You don’t need DLC content to run the mod. You’ll be missing some content, but that’s the most that happens with missing DLC content.

Sorry for not responding to comments here!

Well once the base version is done, i may help you on the matter. However i have no idea if it will allow you to play with others online. I hope it does

You can play the mod without the DLC, it will only prevent you from playing the opportunist Bio-researchers

On another hand, i’m currently facing issues with my attempt to make the living planet anomaly are currently half successful. The anomaly Exist, but does not resolve, has such, it is set to the side.
On the other hand, Technologies works! so expect 2 new technology unlocking 2 special building!

Next objective will be to simply add events to a given civic. Content that does not require DLC will be prioritised here.

What civic would you like to see events in first?

• Lustful unification (NSFW stuff and creativity)
  • Macro warrior Culture (Long term events around individuals)
  • planetary borought (Ethic related events, planet specific)
  • Law of the fattest (all about the leader and nobles)

0 voters

I hope that you will all have a great day!

1 Like

The mod has been updated!

• Added 2 new technology allowing to build 2 new buildings.
  • updated localisation (proof reading by Psyko from Weightgaming’s community)

Balance

• Motherly instinct was nerfed (cost 2 gene points and reduced the fertility boost from 10% ->5%)
  • Law of the fattest can now be selected has a monarcal gouvernment

Now to work on Law of the fattest. Someone from the stellaris modding den helped me understand that i was missing a single line of code to be able to start making events. Currently a basic structure for them is being settup. I hope that you will be able to wait a little!

I would need a proof reader for the next update, since Psyko (my previous proof-reader) won’t be able to do all of this on his own. If you are interested, you can DM from my discord server, i will answer has soon has possible.

Thanks you for your support!

ps:

banner made by ArtOfGorb. Go check him out!

2 Likes

I keep having a problem, I can’t download this mod, it continues saying “You need certain additional content to use this item.” it’s pretty annoying, I really want to play this mod and I don’t see any other way to download :no_mouth:

You don’t actually need the Megacorp DLC to play it, and I’m pretty sure you can just dismiss the message and download it anyway. You need the game Stellaris though, but I assume you already have it.

1 Like

Has mentionned by LordManiac and within the Q&A you can play the mod without the Megacorp Dlc , by dismissing the warning and downloading the mod anyway. I either had to tag the mod with the “requires megacorp” or not mentioning it and having people complaining about being unable to play opportunist bio researchers.

Either way, i hope that we provided help and answerd your concerns.

1 Like

I think that unfortunately I can not play, I downloaded stellaris by steam in the promotion week and now it’s expired, and it seems that there is no way to put the workshop mods in cracked games. if I may ask, this mod will be just for the workshop / steam or you intend to put a mega / mediafire version for players of cracked games, or for those who are having trouble downloading through the workshop Oh, and thanks for answering me and I’m sorry if it’s being annoying. :sweat_smile:

Don’t worry, this is a good question that wasn’t properly asked before.
Right now it will only be on the steam workshop.

If i do make a mega/mediafire/google_link version, then it would be with the completed mod and not before.

Hope that you will have a great day!

1 Like

Hello everyone!

We got good news for future content!
We may end up with a mid/late game crisis added to the game!
These incredible events shakes the galaxy, shifting the balance has these nefarious events causes havoc in the galaxy!

Here our new content will star RevivedRacer’s very own Mother Machine, a sentient Ai bent on solving galactic hunger in a quite drastic way! Read more about this galactic threat in the link below!
https://www.deviantart.com/revivedracer209/gallery/68847376/In-Space-Weight-Gain

ReviveRacers will guide the creative direction of this part of the mod and writte the descriptions for the events. In return i implement this vision with the various pieces of helpful code to make her a looming threat who will expand the waist line of the galaxy.

This content will comes in a few months or weeks at best!
Have a great time!

1 Like

As someone who’s been a fan of 209 for a while now, I’m eagerly anticipating seeing this.

Seriously, I’m not usually a grand strategy fan but this mod might make me get this game.

What do you mean you’re a fan of 209?

Revivedracer209. It’s kind of a mouthful so I abbreviated it.

On an unrelated note, it seems the discord link is invalid.

Updated the discord link, the initial one was more of a try to just limit the flow of unwanted/chaotic people.
The new link is permanent!