Expanding the Business Portfolio - 0.3 NOW OUT! New Characters, More Weight Gain, Quality-of-Life Improvements

Prissa has one?

I tried many times but she wont take anything does she?

Wait the player character has five stages? How?
I only got 3 I think, and I made sure I had her eat everything, the last donut, the meal and cake each day, plus the cookie…

Decided to drop in here and give a little bit of feedback.
First up, not going to lie, I didn’t think much of the first version, however after playing this update I am very impressed by the changes you have made and really think the project has some potential.
Second, the way time passes just doesn’t make much sense, I feel it should be clearer. Like I got the idea of what the section of time were but I lost my lunch break on one day… perhaps part of the reason this happens is that it doesn’t feel like you actually do much work at all, perhaps a nice paragraph detailing the filing you get done during the work blocks might help?
Third, it almost feels as if there are too many people to interact with that just lead nowhere, especially if you aren’t gifting them anything. I feel even if you aren’t then they should have some purpose, I don’t know what that is but still…
Lastly, I feel like it might be nice to give breakfast and dinner choices to the player, fairly obvious ones in regards to what sort of path they are taking but it would just be nice touch.

Anyway, great promising project, keep up the good work

you cant access it yet (because of a bug i think)

@Lovesbellies
I went through the code a bit and you seem to be using 2 different variables for “Score” one that is getting called for checks and one that is just displayed in the status window.
With that in mind not sure if this is intended but if you give anyone the doughnut on day 1 the score in the status window is increased by 2 while the one that gets called is only increased once.
Thats why even if you find the mouse girl and the game shows you have a score of 5 prissa will still not go up a weight stage

big spoiler this is technically not in the game yet:

i know it is not a given for a text adventure to have this many visuals and the ones that are already in the game look great for the most part however looking at the player specificaly the difference between stage 2-9 is not really a change and then on 10 and 11 you baloon up rather quickly
this is mainly a personal gripe and i know it is hard to make visualy coherent images with AI.
but then again those are not accessible yet so they might be placeholders? :sweat_smile:

the game is great tho keep it up!
after looking at some of the dialog thats to come im really looking forward to prissa :yum:

Is this user error on my part or can anyone else not access the far right of the screen? The part behind the inventory/etc. scrolls but that menu stays in place.

It’s shaping up to be a pretty enjoyable game already. Great variation in characters, both in terms of weight gain/looks and personality, meaning that, in the words of IGN, ‘there is a little something for everyone’. It’s very clear that you have to make decisions that have impact, something I personally like. And there are also plenty of hidden paths and secrets which encourages exploring and testing.

It also is somewhat unique as you can’t fatten literally every character, some just progress on their own. For now it’s not just yet another harem collector (Although those are more prevalent in different fetish games, so I might have a wrong impression.), which aren’t a bad thing, but I like that you spruced it up a bit.

One thingy I just want to mention: With how fast characters can gain weight, maybe say ‘week’ instead of ‘day’. After all, it is not every day that something special happens irl.

And finally a selfish request:

Perhaps you could give the player character multiple body types to choose from at the start of the game. With a varied cast of NPCs you basically cover most body types already, but it’s always nice to ‘tailor’ the player character to your own preferences. Be it through character creation (does not have to be expansive) or through decisions throughout the game (eating different foods, telling preferences to certain characters, etc.). This way you can provide more variety without having to make even more characters. If this is not what you had in mind, forget I ever said this. If it is too much effort, don’t bother with it.
Make the thing that makes you happy while making it and while playing it. Keep up the good work

I also got that issue. I think it’s because of the minimap at the top of your screen (visible when not at home), but I’m not sure. Just type ‘out’ when you want to leave your home. You can do the same when you want to leave work.

what is your monitor size/resolution and did you increase the scale of windows?
you can probably fix it by reducing your monitor scale:
rightclick desktop → display settings → change the scaling to something lower
not sure what to do if it is already at 100%

Quest games expose ALL of the internal code with 0 effort if you know where to look so these are not exactly hidden secrets, but…

Prissa has multiple stages that are unlocked indirectly based on what happens around her. Direct player interaction has no impact that I’ve seen below the hood. Share the gains around and you might see what makes her tick.

There are even more stages coded into the game than can be currently unlocked for the main character. With some cheeki code tweaking to allow infinite use of edible items (I love breaking games and cannot be contained) you can expose these hidden states.

4 Likes

Please could you explain how to access the internal code?

Also, if anyone could tell me how to find the mouse girl I’d appreciate it, it’s the only character I can’t find.

I’m really enjoying what’s currently available and can’t wait to see how this game develops!

you make a save and open the save file with an editor
an easier method i just found out it to just rename the file from .quest to .zip that way you can extract all the images as well.

Spoiler:

To get to mousegirl you have to go through Mr. Andrews office
Look for disgusting cheese then leave it at supply closet

1 Like

How do I get Prissa to start gaining?

which editor would I use that supports .quest-save files? also how do you get the game to use infinite amounts of edible items

also who is the woman with orange hair?

Can’t download, says site connection not secure.

2 Likes

How do I access this if I may ask?

Yeah so… I tested every possible interaction I think :sweat_smile:

Also looked at the code a bit and i am 99% sure her gain is not possible in the 3 days the current version offers. But i am gladly proven wrong if someone actually did it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi! What AI text to image did you use?? They are pretty good!

any editor should work.