Expanding the Business Portfolio - 0.3 NOW OUT! New Characters, More Weight Gain, Quality-of-Life Improvements

the one i normally use doesn’t support .quest.save files, can’t post the link since I don’t want to get warned

the one i use is saveeditonline

i mean text editor like “editor” or notepad++ (personally i like to use VS code)

I agree with you the “latest” stage are to fast and even more the character feel more pregnant than fat

ah ok, btw which line of code do you need to edit to get infinite uses?

Btw, @Lovesbellies . You don’t need to put the .quest file in a zip file.
The .quest file is already a zip archive, zipping it again does absolutely nothing.

Actually, if you change the extension of any .quest file to .zip, any zip program can open it and browse the raw files and the open source code.

Following my previous comment, the quest-save file is also just a glorified xml file. You can literally change the file extension to .xml and it is the same.

yeah, i noticed, im now trying to figure out which line to change to allow infinite uses of edible items within the source code

but idk what to change lmao

just delete any line of code where it says RemoveObject (<item you want to use multiple times>) other than the ones where the food spoils the next day

that would only be the cake or muffin

I’ll back this up, my antivirus is preventing any downloads from Mediafire, which it hadn’t been, well, a week ago when 0.2 was released. Would it be possible to get an alternative hosting for the download while Mediafire’s whatever is going on?

Had the same problem, if the antivirus is avast like mine this is the way, although others antivirus should work the same you can open the main menu, enter in “protection”, select the “basic security” (english is not my native language so the names may not be the same) and then4 s switches appear, one of them is “web shield”, you can desactive it for some minutes or manually activate it again after the download

Neat little game, I like the idea of using quest and AI generated images and I think you’ve implemented them well.

Just a little advice though, be careful with adding too many variables at this stage. Complexity scales exponentially and not linearly. For example adding a new character now can explode into a tonne more work later as you add more days, items, and relationships, particularly if you want to refactor things like you’ve done with the questions.

2 Likes

How can I go to the next day. I’m stuck with the first day any tips?

head home and sleep in your bed. Go to the main lobby and click the out button

Response to results in the poll: Still 1% Margie, which is 1000% a surprise haha. The fact that the PC is now winning is less of a surprise, but Rebecca at 0% and Miss Lundberg at 2%? What’s the deal there? Haha.

@weirdblubb I have a character in mind for this, but it may not end up exactly like that. Depends on how difficult it is to code.

@tharsus Hmmm that’s a surprise, I’ll look again at the code. It should work if you click ‘Question,’ then ‘Weight’ as long as she’s weight level 3. Great note about ‘ask about’ on Vanessa, I’ll remove. As for Mandie, she only goes to the break room if you’ve fed her, otherwise, she stays and works in the file room.

@Aeremis It is only a single item, there shouldn’t have ever been multiple. Also, maybe don’t dig into placeholder game images. Sheesh.

@Morganism Looking to improve the user experience/ease of use each time around while upping the content, but that comes with a lot of redesigns. As for the people who lead nowhere, depends on what you mean by leading nowhere. If you want everyone to gain weight when you talk to them, then yeah, plenty will lead nowhere. If you like 1 or 2 players a lot, you can find out much more about them by asking around. Who knows, perhaps this will unlock more content in future versions? As for time progressing, if I were to start from scratch, I’d definitely do a ‘Morning, Afternoon, Evening’ system within the ‘Day’ system, so I’m kicking myself a little for not doing so. Thanks for the feedback.

@oodel I am using two score fields, yes. As for breaking the game open… tsk tsk tsk. Perhaps I need to delete all future content hidden in released versions, no? PC images are placeholder… for now. Who knows.

@babygoop I think I messed this up when I tried to widen the center panel. Was already thinking of reversing that, and likely will. Apologies.

@reds-noro Thank you for the positive feedback! Yeah, I want there to be characters who have nothing to do with the fetish aspect and are just normal people, because it grounds the setting more and, I think, makes the fetishy aspects more fun/exciting. The ‘week’ to ‘day’ change is a good one, but, I think I’m in too deep for that right now. I think it’s stuck being a ridiculous weight gain speed. I mean, you give a gal a cupcake and she fattens up 1 stage right in front of you. Not going for that aspect of realism at all lol. As for different body types, REALLY experimented with that prior to me making the playable character able to gain weight and wasn’t a huge fan of the result. Maybe in the future :confused: who knows.

@cheddar no fun for the developer to have the future of their game cracked. Tsk, tsk.

@Ano THANK you, but I’m not sure that’s going to stop people from breaking into it. Man, that’s no fun.

@Lightning Haha definitely in the weeds already with complexity. Adding new fairly uncomplex characters isn’t too hard, but adding Sarah definitely was way more work than I expected.

Thanks everyone for the feedback! Fun to see the results of the poll!

11 Likes

Perhaps unpopular, but I would like this. It’s been a great ride so far, fun to explore, and spoilers can sour that experience for me, personally

2 Likes

I was mainly looking to see if i missed anything. I didn’t expect so much unreleased stuff :sweat_smile:
but for example i don’t think i would have found the mouse without looking at the code.

2 Likes

Depends on where you got stuck. If you are still in the office, go all the way to the west and click ‘out’. If you are at your house just go to bed. If you already went to bed just type ‘out’.

1 Like