Fallout New Vegas Weight Gain Mod

Yeah, of course you can use it if you want to.

1 Like

I just double checked, the voices currently released are;

FemaleAdult11 -
Doctor Usanagi, Julie Farkas, Carrie Boyd

FemaleAdult03 -
Mags, Lt. Haggerty, Christina Morales, Private Ortega, Ranger Ghost, Tech Sergeant Reyes, Ranger Lineholm, Captain Gilles, Marie Pappas, Raquel, Jacklyn, Liza O’Malley, Doctor Alvarez, Luria

FemaleAdult04 -
Jas Wilkins, Anne, Gloria Van Graff, Janet, Morgan Blake, Mrs. Hostetler, Lupe, Rachael, Assistant, Boulder City worker

FemaleAdult07 & 12 -
Angela Williams, Francine Garret, Corporal Betsy, Melissa Watkins, Michelle Kerr, Sammy Weathers, Arms merchant, Street vendor, Trooper Gleeson

2 Likes

Here’s a screenshot I took a while ago of the diner location. I don’t want to show it finished, since watching the diner get fixed up is hopefully going to be the main satisfying part of the quest before the path starts to branch. The lights and party flags on the gas station will not be there when you first approach, they will also be something that gets added to the location as you complete the quests.

4 Likes

I’m still working on making the conversion outfits, some of them have been more difficult to make look acceptable than I hand originally they would.

I’m thinking of adding some slot machines to the diner as part of the second segment of the quest line. They are going to have a low amount that can be won before you get kicked off of the machine (1,000-2,000 chip range), but I’m going to have the variable that tracks your earnings clear itself after about a week or so, so you don’t get banned off of them forever. The girlfriend and the father characters are the ones that will be handing out the chips and payouts.

I’m also adding a cellar to the diner that is going to be used as the housing for the family, as well as the location of the generator for a part of the diner fixing quest. I’m also adding a locked earnings safe into the basement (100 lockpick needed) every few days, it will have money deposited into it that can be stolen. How much money is added is dependent on who is alive, what branch the questline is on, and what has been done during the quest. How much is in there will be capped though, so in order to get the most out of it, you need to check back fairly often. Might do more with this for the quest itself, but I don’t know yet.

For how much effort I and the player are going to be putting into the area, I want there to be reasons to return to the location fairly often for all of the endings of the quest line.

4 Likes

While it’s not related to weight gain, I have been working on a much smaller side mode that I might want to add compatibility to with this mod. Quests like the ones with the diner is why I’m bringing it up.

The other mod I’m working on I’m calling “Auto Resolve Conflict”. What it does is end the game early and start the ending slideshow. I already have a system in place to determine which faction wins the battle for Hoover Dam. The four main endings are given “Victory points”, which are used to determine who wins the battle when you hit that button. I even have a priority system in place in the event of a tie breaker, based primarily on their technology (the priority from top to bottom is House > NCR > Legion > Independent. Obviously House needs to be alive for him to even be a factor). It also has a settings menu when starting a new game which is used to change how the starting points are handed out to the factions, enabling an optional time limit (simply pick how many days you want before the game ends), and enabling an optional permadeath mode that triggers the slideshow on death (if I can get it to work).

I have three settings for how to distribute the starting victory points. First is the “Lore Friendly” option, which takes all of the factions military, tactics, economics, technology, man power, how the battle for hoover dam plays out during the quest and the vanilla quest to take my best guess at who is most likely to win territory overall without player intervention (From most to least points, Legion > NCR > House > Independent). The second one option is to make every faction start with the same amount of points. The final option is a custom option that lets the player distribute the starting points to the factions.

Points are gained or lost by completing/how you completed certain quests, if certain NPCs are dead, and by a background counter that will randomly take or give away points from each faction every in game day. These victory points are the main reason why I will likely make a compatibility patch, since the diner trading post will very much have an impact on the NCR, independent, and Legion chances during the battle overall. I also have some very important quest outcomes happen on their own if the ending is prematurely gotten. Example, spoiler for the Legion campaign: Caesar will die from his tumor if the player didn’t remove it. So in the event of a Legion victory, Lanius will be in charge instead

This is less relevant, but something I want to mention about it anyway. I also want to add different NPCs that let you just stop adventuring in the Mojave. Whether that be retiring somewhere, getting long term employment somewhere, or just leaving the territory entirely. Doing any of these, will just trigger the ending right away. I also aim to do my best to restore the cut Old World Blues ending that allowed you to join the Think Tank.

EDIT: I now also have an optional setting to enable Elijah’s ending happening during the roll if you haven’t at least been to the Sierra Madre. It’s a really low chance, even if enabled. Elijah’s plan isn’t entirely dependent on the player character, as he says, he can just wait until he gets a group that is fully competent. I’m making it optional since it basically invalidates the point system if you get lucky/unlucky enough to roll his ending (which is kind of how his ending plays out anyway, out of nowhere and unstoppable by any conventional means).

5 Likes

This is awesome.
I love the work you’re putting into this. Your auto-resolve mod sounds like it’ll be amazing.
I’m quite excited to join the Think Tank. It is basically the “With my brains and your brawn we make an excellent team” but in Fallout NV lol

1 Like

Interesting idea, but it sounds like making it compatible with some of the large quest mods out there would be a bit of a nightmare.

1 Like

Not as much as you’d think. All one would need to do is make an esp file that’s dependent on both the mod in question and this one. From there, you just need a simple script that adds to one of the four variables since it calculates all of the points right before triggering the ending slideshow. You would also need to understand how the quest your trying to incorporate functions by looking through the scripts, that’s the real tricky part. Not impossible though, since most mods are much better labeled than the vanilla game’s scripts, and those are what I have to dig around in and I’m managing.

1 Like

Here is what the new fat model looks like (Morbid obese size), as well as the mesh for the vault suit I just finished.

7 Likes

Excellent progress!
I love the rolls!

1 Like

I’m changing the plans for the next update a little. Instead of just converting all of the outfits from the beginning of the game to when you handle Benny, I’m going have it go up to Novac. The reason is that I would like to have the Diner questline mostly finished before releasing the update.

The outfits I’m going to include in the update are:

Good Springs- Vault Suit, Caravaner Outfit, Field Hand Outfit, Prospector Outfit, Roving Trader Outfit, and Leather Armor

NCRCF- All of the Powder ganger outfits

Primm- All of the Mercenary armors

Mojave Outpost- NCR Trooper uniforms

Nipton- Legion Recruit

Novac- All Wastelander Outfits, Pre-War relaxender Outfit, Pre-War Spring wear, Space Suit

I have the goodsprings outfits pretty much done, next will be the Powder Gangers after I am done making the Leather armor look nicer.

1 Like

What will you do about the DLC outfits that you spawn with, like the lightweight metal armor, gecko-backed upgraded armor variants, lightweight leather armor, armored vault suit, and tribal raiding armor? Also don’t the Jackals wear raider armor when they ambush you between Nipton and the Mojave Outpost?

Obviously I don’t want to sound forceful or anything as this is quite an indepth mod, I just figured I’d point it out but I hope I’m not coming across as rude

1 Like

Not rude at all, no worries :slightly_smiling_face:. I will be doing stuff for courier’s stash in the update after this one. Since I only asked about how to handle DLC a couple weeks ago, I feel like I would be randomly springing DLC requirements on people without much warning. Although, the mod does require Lonesome Road now, because I accidentally loaded it into the editor with the mod once (I know it is possible to remove the dependency, but I don’t know if I made anything that relies on it by mistake).

The only raiders that use the armor designated as “Raider Armor” are the fiends, everyone else uses Mercenary armor, Leather, Leather reinforced, metal armors, and couple hand placed ones have combat armor. I’ll get do the raider armors once I’m at Vegas in the next playthrough I intend on doing. They will probably be the first armors I do after this update, I will probably save the great Khan armors for once I get to Red Rock Canyon.

2 Likes

You should be able to verify whether the Lonesome Road dependency has actually been used or not by just loading the mods ESP into XEdit, right clicking on the ESP, and selecting “Remove all unused masters.” If you have done anything with Lonesome Road by mistake it won’t change anything, but if you haven’t it’ll remove the master no problem. Simple and with no extra work load on you.

1 Like

All of the base game food has their respective weight gain effects added, and I only have 1 more powder ganger outfit to go until I start working on the Merc armors.

General rule of thumb for how fattening food items are:

No weight gain: fruits and vegetables raw, any chem or medicine

Low weight gain: squirrel, iguana, insect and lakelurk meats

Medium weight gain: Mammal and reptile meat with the exception of Brahmin and Yao Guai, eggs

High weight gain: non sweet carbohydrates, Brahmin, Yao Guai, alcohol

Very high weight gain: sweet carbohydrates and most quest related food items

Extreme weight gain: Glowing beverages (not whiskey), wasteland omelette, more advanced quest food items, ant queen nectar

Also, barring any bugs that may be lingering in the code, the weight gain system is fully operational. Now the weight gain system won’t break the moment you switch armors. If you are wearing a piece of armor that doesn’t fit, the mod will unequip that armor after a few seconds.

4 Likes

I’m thinking of adding a dungeon to Old World Blues after this next update is out. I want it to be a research facility with the intent of finding new ways to satisfy nutrition to combat the prewar food shortages (I know that concept is more of a fallout 4 invention, but since it doesn’t really contradict anything from the earlier games, I’m going to run with it). The gameplay will be something of a mix between the test chambers of the rest of Old World Blues and Dead Money’s first section (scraping supplies together, equipment stripped from you, picking which part you want to do first, dealing with unique environmental hazards, and a safe central location to rest in). Gaining too much weight in the test chambers will result in getting an ending to the game (a message box will appear and will give you the option to either play a short slide show, or just “die” and skip the slide show).

I’m open to ideas on what kind of experiments to put into the test chambers, logical sense on the application or function of the tech is mostly optional considering the rest of Big Mt… So far I’ve got two ideas, an area that is filled with gas that increases weight while you are in side of it (like dead money), and a combat/stealth section with lobomites armed with a weapon increases your weight when you get shot (player can’t use this, due to how the weight gain system is implemented).

EDIT: I had another test chamber idea, testing out a personalized chef robot (a short securitron, kind of like muggy) that’s only goal is to feed it’s owner. I also think I’m going to make it a companion if you don’t kill it during the test.

4 Likes

Perhaps a modified FEV that gives you a semi-permanent status that makes your food items more effective in healing you but also twice as fattening?

Two options for it:

• Make it a forced effect from a swim you have to take and make it curable by going to a specific research terminal with either a science, medicine, or finding a specific research holotape.
  • Make it an optional “perk” you can get from a finding a specific terminal going over the effects and research being done.
1 Like

I’m going to try to keep FEV out of it since that’s a lore can of worms, but gene modding is par for the course in big mountain, I’ll keep it in mind :slightly_smiling_face:

What about a prototype “improved” stomach with those effects then? Big MT already swapped out your brain, heart, and spine.

1 Like

Yeah that’ll work very nicely. Probably won’t work for it’s own test chamber since I want those to be more based around hazards, but I could make it something that you are given after you enter and are trapped in the facility.

I’m thinking something along the lines of making all food that increases weight restore +10hp, -10 hunger (hardcore mode, even from liquids), gain +1 extra weight from foods.