Fallout New Vegas Weight Gain Mod

I really like this idea! Having a chef bot sounds like a really fun companion character, and I like the fact that it’s an optional quest to get it. I can imagine all sorts of post-chamber companion interactions and quests if you ever wanted to add on to it. Like maybe you can use repair, science or parts to upgrade what the chef bot can prepare, such as a diet mode which lets it make low weight food or feast mode which lets it make very high weight/extreme weight foods. Maybe there can be a quest to find a personality chip for it that lets you decide the robots personality? Like maybe the robot could be mother-like and insists that the player eat so that she doesn’t waste away and become all skin and bones? Or another personality is that the robot is a proud chef and loves to prepare food?

3 Likes

A lot of that will be part of the recruitment process. I think I’m going to have it so there are modules to his programming that have either been corrupted or not installed properly. I’m thinking of having 1 of the modules in each test chamber, and then have his test chamber be the final one (the others being in whatever order you want). The other ways to get him will probably be to have the robotics expert perk and restore the corrupted modules that way, or a hard locked terminal in his test chamber and just download the backups onto your pipboy. So it would be either look for the tapes, have 75 science, or 50 science and a specific perk (robotics expert).

As for personality, I’m thinking on making it a fixed personality. I was thinking it would be handled a bit like Victor’s. Not that he is a cowboy, but that it’s not a true ai, it’s aware (or at least it’s presenting it that way) that it’s a robot restrained by programming, with a friendly personality. I will consider it having more than one personality type though.

2 Likes

Powder ganger outfits are completed now (Thank god, they were easily the dull thing I’ve done when making this mod).

I’ve also added another trait, “Weight Issues”. Your character has a harder time keeping their weight down, and will gain weight when you are at lower weights. +3 when normal, +2 when well fed, +1 when chubby. These are counteracting weight that you lose everyday. So a character who would otherwise lose -7 weight everyday, will now only be losing -4 every day when at a normal weight if they have the trait. You will also gain +1 Charisma when at normal and well fed weights, but lose -1 Charisma when Obese or Morbidly Obese (this is to represent mood). I will probably also add dialogue options and messages that appear in the corner of the screen whenever the daily weight loss calculation is triggered.

5 Likes

I’ve decided to make any armor that doesn’t give the player any DT not require the expensive tailoring kits. Reason being is that there is not much benefit to exploiting the infinite repair from switching the armor sizes when they don’t have any DT (also to make it easier to just have something to where when gaining or losing weight).

I also had another idea, but I feel as though I should run this by everyone first. I was thinking of having giving the player a very small amount of Legion infamy when you gain weight and become obese or morbidly obese and you don’t have the mark of Caesar yet. The reason is due to the legion’s hatred of people considered “profligates” (The specific definition meaning “recklessly extravagant or wasteful in the use of resources”). Of course this has the possibility of leading to Caesar being so disgusted by your inability to stick to a diet, that he personally sends assassins to kill you. While this is undoubtedly funny, it would be a bit bizarre to say the least.

1 Like

I personally don’t think gaining Legion infamy for becoming obese is a good idea. I think it’s a bit far fetched that the Legion would notice the player gaining weight, and while the Legion despises extravagance and excess they have used outsider to further their plans in the past, even if they don’t conform to their ideals such as with the Omertas.

I like the idea that your weight can play a role in how the protagonist interacts with factions, but I don’t think it should be too punishing outside of conversations

3 Likes

Also I thought of an idea for the test chamber. How about a room that contains a machine that can freeze the players metabolism? This would prevent the player from naturally losing weight and they would have to use alternative methods. The player will have to go through a dungeon of sorts (basically just a fight against lobotomites and roboskorpions or whatever enemy you have planned across a series of rooms) to disable this. After the player reaches the end they can choose if they want to end the effect, slow their metabolism, freeze their weight to what it currently is permanently until they use the machine again, or speed their metabolism up. The player could also be given the option to either find a portable module or use their science skill to take the data necessary to install this device into the Sinks Auto-Doc

2 Likes

Does this mod encompass foods added by other mods? If so, then I think it would go very well with this mod: Wasteland Gourmet - Survivalist Cooking

The mod makes it much easier to turn basic ingredients into soups and omelettes without needing to satisfy specific recipes.

1 Like

Also, how much food do I need to eat before I start seeing results? Alternatively, did I not use BodySlide correctly? After installing the listed mods in order, I went into BS, selected the “Fed” preset, and clicked Build. Was I supposed to do anything with the other presets related to this mod?

This version of the mod that’s out is really more of a proof of concept at the moment. Nuka Cola and the casseroles I believe are the main foods that currently increase weight.

This next upcoming update will have every vanilla food change weight (except for things like apples, xander root etc.). I don’t know when I’ll post that update since I need to get back to work on CK2 for a while. The next update will also have the first part of a questline I’m making as well as quite a few armors that can be fitted to fit larger sizes.

5 Likes

So I was browsing New Vegas mods and I found a mod that thickens the character up a lot called Type3BG and works pretty well. I’m not sure if you’re still working on the bodies but perhaps this could help you out somehow? I’m not 100% sure but I figured I’d share in case it was useful Type3BG at Fallout New Vegas - mods and community

2 Likes

Thanks but I can’t use it without having to pretty much redo everything I’ve done so far (I prefer to keep the outfits uniform). I need to get back to work on both this and the CK2 mod since I needed a break for a while.

1 Like

Ah gotcha, and yeah no worries take your time man!

1 Like

i guess i shoulda expected it but this does not play well with pregnancy mods/other body altering mods you know the ones.

I’m not one to usually make comments to other’s topics mainly because I feel like my comment will just be ignored but I tried searching this topic with minimum success and I wanted to know if is it possible for this to be also applied to the male or if in the future it will be if it currently isn’t planned or not possible at the moment? I ask because for me I’d like a weight gain mod for New Vegas that effects myself and possibly NPC males.

It is possible to make male weight gain models, but since I’m not into guys I don’t have much of a drive to make their outfits. However, if someone where to volunteer and make those meshes for me or when I get the female armors finished I’m not opposed to having them in the mod either. The good news is that male bodies will probably be easier to make than the female ones due to the simplicity of the vanilla male body mesh (since pretty much every male body replacer adds abs, the vanilla model is the easiest to work with).

@Godhan69 yep, due to how New Vegas was made it has to be one or the other.

1 Like

well i am going to wait personally since i don’t want to trade in fallout new vegas pregancy mod and start a new run with this until the mod is more complete, btw the body in this mod really reminds me of the coldsteelj ssbbw body from fallout 4 not sure if it was inspired by it or not but yeah.

1 Like

I’m back to work on the mod now, I’ve got it all ready to go on the new computer and I’ve got some new ideas for content.

First idea is to make two new addictions, one that is pretty rare and another that will be a bit more common but easier to avoid. The two addictions being a general food addiction (very low chance) and a sugar addiction (more common but easier to avoid). One comes from eating any food in general, and the other would come from specifically sugary food and drinks.

Second idea is to make choice areas of catwalks and bridges break/disappear when an obese or morbidly obese character steps on them. Depending on the material of bridge or the amount of rust/already broken pieces of the catwalk will determine whether it is obese weight or morbid obese weight that will cause it to collapse (if the bridge is made of junk or the scaffolding is rusty than it will only be obese. If the bridge is made of wood or the scaffolding is only a little broken then it will be morbidly obese that is needed). When this happens I will have a popup message appear before the walkway is removed. Not all bridges and catwalks will be affected, so it will be a surprise. Those with the light step perk will not break the walkways regardless of their weight.

3 Likes

Would these broken bridges lock the player out of any content? I love the idea! I just hope it won’t soft lock me out of any content

1 Like

No, they will not. Only enough of the walkway will break so you will fall after you step on it. It won’t ever be enough to kill you (at least at full health). When it comes to soft locking, the worst case scenario would be that you need to get more speed to cross the gap, either through weight loss, a perk, or finding a more creative solution in the environment.

1 Like

I’ve got two new perks and one new trait for everyone.

First perk is the Mojave Gourmand perk. Available at level 2, this perk gives you 1 xp everytime you eat anything, and 10 xp the first time you eat a new food/drink. There will also be a challenge associated with this perk, that will require you to eat one of each food item in vanilla New Vegas (that is not raw meat or human flesh). You will get a reward perk after completing it, but I need to work out what that will be.

Second perk is Voracious. To be clear, I’m not into vore so I won’t be doing much with this perk but I decided to include it anyway since cannibalism is already in the game. This perk is simple, if you use the perks Cannibal, Ghastly Scavenger, or Tribal Wisdom you restore 10 additional HP and +2 additional weight. Also, regardless of whether or not you have the perk, using any of the three mentioned perks will give you +2 weight (so, if you take the voracious perk that is a total of +4 weight).

The trait is the Profligate Behavior trait. I already had this as an idea earlier, but I wasn’t too sure about it and it was (rightfully) shot down, but I think it works well enough as a trait. What it does is essentially start you as a Legion spy by starting you as “Liked” by the Legion as well as giving you +3 in sneak, survival, and melee weapons and some Legion map markers. The drawback is that every time you go up in weight level, you gain Legion infamy. This trait is primarily for role playing a specific role, and as such it will also have some unique dialogue, mostly with Legion characters. I was inspired in part by one of my drawings Profligate Behavior by failmuseum on DeviantArt.

2 Likes