Fattening Career - 3D weight gain visual novel (0.09 released for FREE!)

Looking forward to it!

3 Likes

The latest update is live on Patreon.
I will make a more detailed post tomorrow, but now I’m going to bed.

15 Likes

Great update so far. Loving the new content. I discovered a bug with the character viewer however. It will crash when trying to view Lyn’s status after she gives you her short name. From what I can tell, your code references the updated name while the files themselves use her full name. I’ve added the stacktrace below.

Bug Report
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 170, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 170, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "game/custom_screens.rpy", line 51, in execute
    screen StatsUI():
    screen StatsUI():
  File "game/custom_screens.rpy", line 54, in execute
    hbox:
  File "game/custom_screens.rpy", line 187, in execute
    frame:
Exception: DynamicImage u'UI/[selectedCharacter.name][selectedCharacter.stage].jpg': could not find image. (u'UI/Lyn7.jpg')

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 170, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1131, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 170, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3810, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 582, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3810, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 653, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
    screen StatsUI():
    screen StatsUI():
  File "game/custom_screens.rpy", line 54, in execute
    hbox:
  File "game/custom_screens.rpy", line 187, in execute
    frame:
  File "renpy/display/image.py", line 594, in _scope
    return self.find_target(scope, update)
  File "renpy/display/image.py", line 676, in find_target
    raise Exception(error)
Exception: DynamicImage u'UI/[selectedCharacter.name][selectedCharacter.stage].jpg': could not find image. (u'UI/Lyn7.jpg')

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809
Fattening Career 0.06
Mon May  8 12:12:40 2023

I made a dirty work around in case anyone else wanted to fix it fast.
In the file ‘custom_screens.rpy’ I made a change around line 187 and insterted the following.

Code
$_name = selectedCharacter.name
        if _name == "Lyn":
            $_name = "Leanne"
        $_temp_path = "UI/[_name][selectedCharacter.stage].jpg"

Also update the following lines from

Code
            add "UI/[selectedCharacter.name][selectedCharacter.stage].jpg"

to

Code
            add _temp_path
3 Likes

@ticktock Thanks for reporting this issue, diagnosing the cause and providing a fix. I will bring out a patch shortly to fix this issue and another issue regarding getting stuck at Trista her stage 6 event.

1 Like

Hello everyone,
The latest update for Fattening Career is finally done.

Fattening Career 0.06 is solely focused on Trista and Katrine in the gym, here is a list of changes:

• Completely Reworked Katrine look
  • 10 weight gain stages for Katrine
  • 10 weight gain stages for Trista
  • Many story events for Katrine and Trista going up to stage 8 for Katrine and stage 7 for Trista
  • The stats page now displays an image of the selected character in their current stage
  • There is now a toggle in the preferences menu to toggle between de metric and imperial systems
  • Daisy stage 7 event reworked

You can get the new update here: https://www.patreon.com/Bladerune9

This update was made with the help of:

MarkJ94 - He wrote all the dialogue for both Katrine and Trista.

Expanding Universe Games - He helped me write some of the sex scenes last minute. Make sure to check out his games(focused around Breast Expansion) here: https://www.patreon.com/expandinguniverse

Krodmandoon - For helping with testing and fixing typos

Hotfix 0.06a is now live which fixes the following:

• bug where you couldn’t open the Stats page because it would show an error relating to Lyn
  • bug where you would get stuck in the Trista stage 6 event if you have sex scenes disabled
  • bug where some sex scenes would still show up even though you have them disabled
  • Some typos
15 Likes

Hey, the new update is great so far!
But when is lyn and the hospitals girls going to be back with more events?

4 Likes

@Tamta
Welcome to Weight Gaming.
I’m happy to hear that you enjoy the new update.
Lyn/Leanne and Luna and the crew will come back in the next update, I’m working on those as we speak.

8 Likes

Thanks so much for the response!
Talking of the next update, you mean like a 0.07 version or the next version of the 0.06 like a 0.06b ?

3 Likes

@Tamta
I mean 0.07
It was supposed to be in 0.06 but life happened so I didn’t get enough time to work on that.

8 Likes

Loving the new update really good but there is a issue with the states page showing Daisy’s weight twice with it being stuck at 2.2lbs. Im not sure if this a bug or something else.

5 Likes

It is a bug and it only appears when settings are set to imperial over metric.

EDIT: and I’ve only seen it with Daisy so far but I’m still early on in playthrough all the content.

4 Likes

@smugdotexe Thanks for reporting this bug. There is a stat that only Daisy has(breast weight) and I forgot to put “Breast” before the second “Weight:” while having it set to Imperial.
I will get this fixed in the next hotfix.

3 Likes

I am still working my way through the game as I’m probably only a third of the way through it, I figured I would drop what I had here for typos, errors, feedback, etc. And give the rest later as I make my way through it.

So far I love the new content, renders, and animations. Trista and Katrine feel unique and have interesting storylines. I know some of the content is still WIP, but I definitely can’t wait to see a bit more polish and completeness on the two. I think they will fit right in with the rest of the girls with story content. It’s been great so far.

Fattening Career 0.06a release bugs, spelling errors, inconsistencies part 1

6 Likes

When will the new Version be puplic

1 Like

Public releases are a month after patreon releases so in roughly 30 days.

3 Likes

@Bladerune9 Here’s a part two. I’ll continue on when I get more time. Fattening Career 0.06b release bugs, spelling errors, inconsistencies part 2

3 Likes

@Bladerune9 I have probably like one more session to make it through all the content. I’m like 3/4 of the way done. So here is my part three. Fattening Career 0.06b release bugs, spelling errors, inconsistencies part 3

3 Likes

@Krodmandoon
Thank you so much for the extremely thorough bug report.
I can’t imagine how much focus and effort this took to make.
I will try to fix as much as possible in the next hotfix, a couple things won’t be doable for 0.06 like the Bonnie dialogue for Trista in Bunny Bites because I want to do it so she only mentions it once and that require some sort of value to check if it has happened or not.

And some good points about balancing the characters and making the main characters target-able whenever you want(outside of weekly call events). MarkJ94 is already working on another repeatable Bonnie date to fill this void for her.

4 Likes

That sounds great. Can never have too much Bonnie content :smiling_face_with_tear:.

Alright well I finished my playthrough finally. Here’s the last and final part. Fattening Career 0.06b release bugs, spelling errors, inconsistencies part 4. I like what was added for Katrine and Trista, it’s clearly still WIP and even with it being an update that was cut in half and not finished the way you would of originally wanted it. There is a lot here, and I’m excited to see what gets added in and how routes continue for the girls. There’s a ton of content in the game over all and It’s always a blast to play through.

I think I stated most of the general things I noticed playing through this compared to others, but a few quick ones.

• As more girls get added into the rotation of BB it gets harder to progress girls that don’t have multiple available activities or a way to specifically target them. So far this is only affecting Bonnie and Luna. Maya is WIP but does have the strip club, Trista and Katrine the gym, Daisy school events, Lyn/Leanne her stream, The BB girls are random so they have this issue as well but they are unfinished WIP content I would expect it to change with them.

• Money was more of an issue this run mainly the added stuffing events made my wallet hurt, that and the gym being a place to want to go often reduced the amount of time I was working at BB. I listed some ideas but mainly having other options for money, wages increase, lowering cost of sweets (either through story because of bulk buying or based on becoming a trusted friend, lover, eventually partner of Bonnie, etc.) Would help. But for the most part I never had an issue where I couldn’t feed a girl “accidentally” minus one or two times due to money it was more of running out of sweets and then not being able to buy as many as I would want for the amount stuffing events.

• Trista’s competition storyline I would not have been able to tell you any specifics about what she was competing in or what for. I thought she was a weight lifter, now in hindsight see the contextual clues but there are a lot of vague statements within her route that don’t give actual details about things. Whose gym was lost? Why does that matter? What competition can’t she compete it? What is she competing for? What type of event is it? Details like how long is it? How much competition does she have? (like how many people are competition?) Mainly I got the idea that she was competing and eventually bulking to win something but probably wasn’t before stand seven that it dawned on me with the other clues that it was some type of marital arts competition, MMA, or kickboxing. Presumably the last one makes the most sense.

• Trista’s and Katrine’s sex dialogue feels super natural and flows nicely, the animations, renders are top quality in all events, and the layout and story of the new events and scenes in their routes feels good. Trista and Katrine feel like different people than the rest of the girls and there seems to maybe be a nice rivalry/competition/jealousy bit between the two of them brewing and I’m interested to see where the routes go. There are still things that feel like they are WIP a few events that many need a bit more dialogue added to them, or end just a bit short. Some dialogue repeats too much for how many stages there are but it’s a really good base for them and the quality is there.

Great job from you and the writing team I’m looking forward to see what comes next.

5 Likes

Hi, glad you enjoyed the update and yeah I think you might be right with a couple of your points. It can be a bit of a tight rope walk balancing it for people that love to get to know the characters and others who just want the WG content. Equally, its hard to know how things will feel in the game when more characters are added and fleshed out, right now people are focusing on new content which increases how much if feels repeated. But I do agree some things could do with more variation and will write a couple of changes for the next update. It suffered a little because I was writing both simultaneously which made it feel like there was more variation, but when playing through each character now, they could probably do with a little extra love.

Mainly I think some more variation to the dates with Katrine might be good, I want to make them kind of uniform so people know what to expect and wont miss out on content if they skip a date to do something else when there are 10+ characters with storylines. But still, having played through a couple of times I definitely noticed some dialogue doesnt change fast enough or provide enough variation to the point where it feels like its the exact same date each week, no matter how much you get to know her. So will come up with some slight changes and they will hopefully improve them in the next date.

Trista is a kickboxer yes, again its hard to know how much exposition in. I doubt most people want pages of dialogue to get through about her competition, although I could be wrong. A few more lines here and there might not go a miss though. As for the vagueness, especially in the early events some of that is intentional. You are still getting to know her and don’t know any other gym owners so it seemed odd to include much about it, given that’s not what would be important to Trista or you. But again, an extra line or two here might improve overall understanding. Equally some of the vagueness is based on assets needed for the rendering if I get super specific, which could cost money or not exist.

Its really interesting to read feedback though and super useful so thank you for taking the time to write this!

7 Likes