Fatty Text Adventure Game

has anyone found a better way to train stomach after like 400 capacity or so? my original strat was to get filled up by the bubble orcas until near 129% and then waddle between the west town and the western road until I hit back under 100% then repeat until the diminishing returns hit the point where you only stretch out like 0.4 or so per time. After that point level ups only give like 2 or less capacity each time. Considering some enemies require a capacity of 1000+ to eat, it gets… tedious, trying to expand one’s stomach legit.

2 Likes

Oh wow, fancy seeing one of my favorite game here! :smile:
Seeing this returned here had made my day, and I’m glad to be part of this community thanks to it though! :heart:

2 Likes

honestly, i noticed that mana potions don’t actually give any mana like they should be, also, the lemon slime give samples of themselves even if the quest for it is complete @noone_fa

2 Likes

YOU CAN WORK OTHER JOBS IN THE RESTAURANT!?!?!?

YOU CAN WORK IN THE ARMOURY!?!?!?!?!?!?

… so many wasted playthroughs…

3 Likes

no, there is not other jobs in the restaurant, it is just more gold for the two jobs that are there, also, yeah, you can work in the armoury, that has been possible even in the flash version

1 Like

Oh, whoops. The mana potions should be fixed shortly.
And yeah, I need to change how quest items are gained. The inventory system changed more than most and there’s a lot of stuff I have to work out.

2 Likes

alright, kinda glad that i’m playing the game fully, so that i can find the bugs

2 Likes

so, i got a aero pearl, and i’m wondering if there is different things it does when used, or if there’s just one outcome

1 Like

It essentially does one thing. Although it has different outcomes based on whether you can withstand it’s effect or not. If you can’t it just sends you into a defeat scenario.

1 Like

Do you not have to rest when you run out of stamina in this version?

1 Like

Not currently. I had to change how both resting and traveling worked entirely in the transition, so I’ll have to create a new system for stamina to affect movement. Which I’ll probably do at some point soon, but I put it off because it wasn’t necessary for the rest of the game to work.

2 Likes

honored guest from the past, honored us with his presence…

I was familiar with your flash game back when the flash was working, by the way it and you really deserve this respect that you bring, thank you for being and good luck with your game

5 Likes

man, this game, I remember playing with the same character for years, I completed most of the quests, and after that, I just explored, the save file was lost a long time ago, but I always came back to play a little :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

okay any tips for getting your fullness/weight up quicker???

1 Like

Oh my gosh was not expecting this to be rereleased through a different engine. Plenty of amazing content and memorable sidequests to enjoy.

Now its back without needing flash, no doubt it will continue to inspire more content and ideas.

3 Likes

Well this is kinda surreal, just earlier today I was checking out the original forum post for this game that had the old version download. Thank you for re-releasing it on twine!!!

3 Likes

The syrup vine encounter seems almost iconic, thinking back on it. The fear of encountering one of these at the beginning, being bound and force fed with no means of escape; being eventually able to survive the ordeal; finally the thrill of being able to take the fight back to them, sucking them dry as the accomplished glutton you now were. What was once a feared enemy was now something greedily sought out!

My favourite encounter was the alpha wolf though. Something about an already hugely fat and overfed creature greedily finding room for more. In particular, this outcome:

More bellies need to be described as “mountainous”. That you could also befriend the Alpha was also a cherry on the cake!

5 Likes

Not sure if it’s still the same in this version, but in the Flash version, there was a way to exchange fat for height, and your stomach capacity would scale up or down proportionally. It was the only reasonably quick way I ever found to get the capacity needed for the large enemies.

1 Like

Any chance you will be adding a downloadable offline version later?
And i’m glad to see ya back this is one of the most if not top of my list fav weight gain Text adventures out there~

1 Like

Holy crap, I can’t believe I’m seeing noone on the forms after all these years. This game is the pinnacle of WG genre and I can’t wait to start a new journey on twine :smiley:

3 Likes