Fatty Text Adventure Game

Once I get it to a more stable version I’ll probably make it downloadable. But while I’m still doing updates it can make things confusing/annoying if people have to redownload it and move their saves over every time I update. Which currently has been 11 times in 7 days. Also I haven’t tested how moving saves even works yet. But once it’s in a more stable state it should be fine to make it downloadable, and I think I’m pretty close to that???

4 Likes

yea, but that has a height limit and I wanna be a short blob who will devour anything. That and that is a temporary solution since you still have to deal with the diminishing returns.

1 Like

Oh wow, you’re here! Ahh!

While I don’t make furry content myself, this game’s been a personal favorite for a long time, and definitely showed me that a text adventure is both doable and can be fun.

No idea when/if I’ll make a more dynamic text adventure besides me writing a bunch of smutty scenes and branching them together, but it’s absolutely a goal.

Thank you for bringing this game back! I missed it when Flash died.

1 Like

I wish more of these ‘if you don’t leave you die’ events had alternate outcomes depending on if you have high enough stomach rating. Like, what’s the point of being able to eat a massive amount if you still lose to every ‘eat a massive amount’ event?

Also, where do I get a spectrum gem? Is it supposed to be that treasure chest in the ocean that is always trapped? Cuz it’s always trapped, it’s only ever not been trapped twice in the hundred times I’ve tried it, and all I got was 25 gold and a short sword.

3 Likes

Spectrum gem is a rare drop when using the book of crystals on an unidentified gem. Trust me, it was a pain to get one.

2 Likes

iirc, you can get a spectrum gem guaranteed from beating the hydra on the beach

man, i am so excited to see people talking about this game again! it’s been a huge influence for me, and no doubt many others, and it’s just great to see it available again for everyone to play and experience

6 Likes

not anymore. I picked fights with the Hydra and all I got was a few hundred gold and 300 exp, no items what so ever.

1 Like

It’s amazing to see this game finally return in a way. I adored the descriptions of the player character and the variations it goes through depending on your stats. Even if there aren’t plans to update the game, it’s good to have it in a non flash format so that it’s playable once again (without needing to download extra stuff)

4 Likes

This is so good to see! I can’t remember exactly at this point but this was one of the first games like this I ever played. Bless your heart for porting it from flash :smiley:

2 Likes

I can’t even FIND gems. Where do they show up?

1 Like

sometimes you get them from treasure chests you find on the beach, alternatively you can wander the grasslands until you find a fattened captive. If you have the Cure spell, you can then dispel the effect on the captive and then do either method to break the captive free. After doing so they’ll give you a unidentified gem for your troubles.

2 Likes

I didn’t expect you to come back to make a new version of this game. What was your favorite element of making this game?

1 Like

Some of the events are survivable. It’s just a matter of if that scenario was written or not. But like the desert people in the hills or the pitcher plant in the jungle or the feeder ants in the mountain are all survivable, plus a number of other ones, depending on how you want to count it. Although your stomach capacity usually has to be pretty high.

And a few people have answered the spectrum gem question. Although there was an error with the Hydra, who was supposed to always drop one. That should be fixed in the next patch though after you refresh the page and click the “fix enemy stats” link undfer “Game fixes”.

3 Likes

That should be fixed whenever I post the next patch if you refresh the page and click “fix enemy stats” under the “game fixes link”. Sorry about that!

1 Like

I don’t know, I guess that sort of depends on the criteria. As far as porting it over, by far my favorite part is how easy and convenient it is to make new “rooms”. Before there used to be so many steps to making a location work right and a ton of different ways just adding a place broke. And then once I added it, making stuff show up in there was a huge pain. Now I can just click a button and start typing stuff in there and it shows up. Plus the whole environment I’m making it in is so much more pleasant to look at and work with. Twine really is just a massive improvement over what I was doing before. At least on my end anyway!

6 Likes

You are a god for bringing this back! Any chance you will continue to upgrade it or add content?

4 Likes

It’s certainly more likely now. And I’ve already added some stuff, although it was just some more popping scenes which can easily be added to stuff that already exists. Although if you have popping turned off then they won’t show up anyway!

But once I get it to a more stable state than it is now I might start working on adding more stuff in. Although I don’t want to guarantee anything yet.

13 Likes

P-possible new content!? Holy mother of Applebees that is incredible if you do so.

9 Likes

using the “gamer browser” opera GX, it does NOT like opera GX
chrome works fine though

1 Like

Rather frustratingly, the game eventually causes the inventory button to be gone completely and I lose all battles automatically and I have no clear indication as to why this is.

1 Like