Fatty Text Adventure: Revival

Its some form of compressed folder, all i know is with 7zip you can extract the contents into a folder. That still doesn’t solve what to do with the collection of .svg’s and .wav’s with the .json file inside it though.

~scratching head

~remembers

~maybe
googles scratch

~probably
downloaded and installed scratch --------- hers a link for those of you who are lazy Scratch

~Success!
Ahhh you open the “file” in scratch to play the game.

7 Likes

I’ll try the beta! it seems really good!

humans do exist near the end of the race lists iirc

1 Like

How do I get the game to play?

Idk how you got this to work in Scratch, it doesn’t even show the file when I try to load it up in the system. Mind explaining please? :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Yeah a quick “how to” guide would be awesome.

2 Likes

I can see the internals if I manually rename the file to have the .sb3 extension. It can then be converted it to html, but it is so barebones (probably in large part due to scratch itself being designed for kids learning coding not developers trying to remake an INCREDIBLY DENSE RPG) that I don’t think it’s worth it arm.

It is not a mod.

1 Like

That said, if you made this in school, it would be pretty impressive.

Also is noone ok with you continuing his work? Different from making your own game inspired by his.

I am also interested in this.

Noone’s Fatty Text Adventure was one of the first fetish games that started this whole wave that eventually led into the creation this site, and in my opinion is still one of the best. I would love nothing more than to see someone take the mantle and continue what he began, but not without the consent of the man himself.

If you haven’t already, I’d suggest getting his blessing before using a name with such legacy. From what I remember he was amongst the first to actually register to WeightGaming waaaaaay back in the day. If he isn’t active here anymore you could try reaching him on his furaffinity page, where he kinda is.

And hey, even if he doesn’t give his blessing or you can’t reach him for whatever reason, there is nothing stopping you from making a game inspired by his work with any other name.

7 Likes

Hello, If I may ask… How do you run this game -_-

Ok not exactly trying to rain on any parades here, however i was able to decompile the .swf of noone’s Fatty Text Adventure. I am not going to share how i did(google is your friend if you wanna try) this because people should be asking noone before modifying his game or trying to remake it. What i found is over 50,000 lines of code and text. Its a rather compex game to be trying to recreate in Scratch, and i’m not even sure if you could recreate it in Scratch. I’d urge you to do two things one reach out to noone, and two consider the undertaking that is remaking this game and what your engine of choice must be capable of.

I highly discourage creating anything that doesn’t want to be a new-grounds-era flash game using Scratch. Believe me, you don’t want to create a game more complex than pinball with it, it would be a nightmare to debug. Scratch is simply a tool to learn some basic programming and logic, it isn’t made to create actual games.

If you want to recreate the game keeping it simple, you should use Twine (especially since you can easily incorporate images) I never made a game with it but it shouldn’t be hard. It’s just html, I think (html isn’t difficult or complex to learn, for your needs), so basically all you need to do is just to write text (and you’ll have to write a lot of it, I’m talking about descriptions and dialogues, not code) and manage links for the different pages. Or you could use Quest, but I don’t know which language you need to know or if it’s a custom thing.

If you wanted to recreate it graphically too would be a problem, since you must know much more than a very basic knowledge about programming.

2 Likes

Okay, but how do I run this?

you download the scratch desktop app or import it into the online scratch editor

you have a good point sir/mam

While I would like to see this game revived, converted, and/or continued, noone did not want anybody to do so. Its stated in their FAQ here, and their reasons for their decision.

Now that FAQ is over 6 years old now at this point, and it’s always possible they may have different feelings about it, but I would strongly recommend contacting the author first before posting anything.

5 Likes

And after we download Scratch?

between the “going for Scratch”, weird file system, and OP still not adressing if they asked noone for approval, I can’t really support this. Maybe you should just make your own thing using the FTAToolkit linked before

and for the love of all that is holy, do absolutely not use Scratch; it’s simply not meant for projects of this scale. If you want the “coding blocks” feature, Godot Engine and Unreal offer visual scripting.

7 Likes

As someone who has taken a crack at this before, for educational purposes, you’ve made a lot of talk before actually knowing what to actually do.

If someone was actually going to do this, the first thing they should do is port the existing source code to an existing engine, and then restructure it to be more stable and extensible.

It’d be a job for an actual programmer. And for porting the game itself to it, you’d need Noone’s permission, and he hasn’t been responsive to requests for it before. :confused:

on the Topic of this game i can’t be the only one that felt that “fatty text adventure” felt unfinished right? like while the game was “finished” it didn’t really have like a end if ya get me? Like a real goal or something.

3 Likes