Fatty Text Adventure: Revival

There was kinda an ending as in a final boss but other things were missing to me as well like if you went into the witch’s candy house no matter how high your intelligence stat was you’d never be able to read it as well as pictures for bosses and some enemies as well as having no cut scene pictures

there’s a final boss!?!?

where!?

4 Likes

Likely the cabal rogue since it’s the strongest enemy.

1 Like

I don’t even remember the Cabal Rogue. Probably says something about how far I got and what I was doing, lol.

1 Like

Well there wasn’t even credits in the end boss of the game as well now that I think about it

yeah legit nothing bloody happened when you beat it and it didn’t change anything in the world so like ya know can’t really call it a final boss tbh

I guess but it was at the hardest part of the game but I feel the other bosses were rushed in as well I mean most of the bosses are tied to one location and don’t have images for them as well

If there was more content I would more call the Rouge Cabal member a “Disc-One Final Boss”, but considering I don’t think there was any more content after they were implemented, they’re the closest we have to a climax boss of sorts.

uh, how can i play this?

you just need the imagination engine to play this

1 Like

maybe it’s because im drunk but, what is that?

I’m pretty dumb when it comes to computers but how exactly would I be able to extract the files from it downloading the imagination engine was the easy part but now I’m lost entirely

I’m beyond confused by this thread lol

5 Likes

Same here even when I downloaded the file I still had no way to access the file

1 Like

Hey, does anyone know how to run the program? I have zippo skills in coding but would love to check it out, so any help getting it to run would be splendid.

1 Like

The game was coded in Flash which has been discontinued and even forcibly removed from browsers due to the potential security risks inherent in Flash (Fatty Text Adventure is fine, but a lot of other Flash applications were not).

I believe there’s some ways to still open them, but I haven’t looked into the “easy” solutions. On the rare instance I want to open an .swf file, I use one of my older Virtual Machines to do it, and that’s not a solution I recommend if you’re not computer savvy.

1 Like

I got it to work but I only got to choose my gender and the animal and then the game would be over honestly I don’t think flash engine would do the game justice.

I have a .swf player, but the program wouldn’t run, in fact, I don’t even see a file extension. Is there anything I should do to get it to run?

2 Likes

I will help you guys a bit.
First, I am not sure what you guys are referring when you say you are trying to run “this”. There are two games mentioned in this forum, the “revival” and the original.

The “revival” didn’t really go anywhere. The creator of this thread only created a file with a sketch for a game structure, using an engine called Scratch. As it stands it is not anything playable, it is just a sketch. I haven’t seen if he upgraded it since last time I looked, but I doubt it.

The actual game mentioned here was one made about… hell, was that really 7 years ago?(damn I am getting old…)
Anyway, it was one of the first fetish games created, and it is very good. Here is the link to where you can download it. Just click the download button and that is it.
Now, as SonicMutou mentioned, flash no longer works natively on browsers, but you can easily download a standalone flash player here. After downloading this, just click on it to open, then go to the “File” menu at the top left corner and choose “Open”. Click “Browse…” on the window that pops up and select the game file. Press open, then ok, and you are good to go.

5 Likes

Ok, so, thank you for sending a link to a flash player, it’s a better version than the one I had originally. Now, problem is, when I download the file at the top of this thread, the updated version that is, and then try to run it on the player, it doesn’t even show up as a SWF file to even play. My copy of Tainted Elysium works fine on the newer player, so I know it’s not the player, but what should I do to get the file working?