Fatty Text Adventure: Revival

As Ano just said, the link in at the top of the thread isn’t the game. Look further down the thread or Ano’s link for the actual game (I linked it a few months ago myself).

1 Like

Ah, ok, thank you for that.

Maybe there’s a workaround, but only if one were smart enough to convert Flash content to HTML5.

Had anyone tested it to see if this works ok Chromebooks? I’ll try to download a flash emulator if need be, but I’d rather not have to.

1 Like

The current link leads to a screen with mostly unrecognizable text. Attempting to download it just gives you a “file.”

What if the game was remanded using the Unity Engine? I know some Text Adventure games have moved on using it instead of Flash.

1 Like

Never thought I’d be posting in this thread again but.
In the link for the final version of FTAT you can also find executable versions in the description, in case you can’t find a way to run/emulate Flash for the .swf
Frankly the only reason I can see for downloading it in .swf format in the current day, is for modding stuff in, and last time I checked interest for that didn’t really go anywhere either

That’s all, have a good one

2 Likes

For anyone that hasn’t seen it, Noone just dropped a full twine conversion of the game playable on itch.io:

11 Likes

So since this is in a different engine I can’t use a Fatty Text Adventure game desktop save to continue my practice and see the new weight descriptions?

Haven’t tested, but I doubt it, as the difference between how the flash version and the twine version read passages are vastly different in code

So this version is still Flash right? How can it be played then? Also is this Candy Land mentioned easy for quick weight gain?

No this isn’t flash. I think it was ported over to Twine or something else that uses a web browser to run.
If you download it, and run it, it just opens a web browser page but can run locally.

No I am talking about this revival if it’s still happening. Though the OP hasn’t responded in forever.

It could be either he’s working on it and won’t respond until there’s a working prototype of the revival described (since the first file, as I’ve read other people comment, isn’t really anything) or he has abandoned the idea (on this occasion either we get an official response or we won’t know, since it is forbidden by website rules to ask for updates) or he’s been trying to get in contact with the dev of the old game to ask if he could actually use the source code and redistribute it, since from what I’ve understood he shouldn’t (maybe, possibly, perhaps)

Ah, i am pretty sure the OP’s version isn’t happening anymore. I think Noone said they were not a fan of the idea a year or two back.