Feed the Crown: Deluxe Edition (PLAYABLE DEMO)

Is there any way we could help? I’d love to see this continue development, it has a huge amount of potential!

5 Likes

Hi PiritaArgenta, welcome to the forum!

Can’t speak for Roops of course, but from what I understand I believe time is the bottleneck here, as in finding time to sit down and focus on the game. The spirit is willing, but time commitments are a cruel mistress!

4 Likes

Oh yes, they are indeed. I just want to offer my support and help however I can to make things easy. I hope Roops is doing fine, too!

4 Likes

Hey there! Welcome to the forum and thanks for asking about helping with the game. I promise I’m still committed to seeing the game through. (After all, I’ve worked on it way too much to NOT finish it at this point!)

There is a lot happening around me right now that’s making it tricky to find the time I need to make more significant headway. All is well on my end, but I’ve got some friends who are having a rough time, and they’re my priority at the moment. To be transparent, my realistic goal at this point is to have all the platforming levels 100% done by the end of Summer. A goal which I’ve made some very decent progress towards, but still have much to do. After that, I’ll take however long it takes to get the queen/feeding content to good place.

And thank you to @AlexKay for being a lot more responsive here than I am! I really ought to pay him to handle my PR :sweat_smile:

16 Likes

Thanks for sharing and for being so honest! I hope you enjoy working on this and don’t rush it. I’m glad you’re doing fine and it’s good that you are prioritising those that are close to you, it shouldn’t be any other way. Now that I know that your goal is for the end of Summer I’ll be able to stop looking every few days on the project’s page ahahah

My offer for help or support still stands, so if you ever need anything just let me know and I’ll do everything I can (and even though I joined recently after years lurking I’m sure lots of people here would help, too). :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Happy 1st Birthday to Feed the Crown! Yes, it has been a whole year since Roops first charmed us with his castle caper of greedy queens, to much acclaim and accolade in last year’s Gain Jam!

One year on and work continues apace on the full “Deluxe Edition”, with its ambitiously expanded scope of new enemies, new knight abilities, new platforming levels, a whole new Queen being revealed (the pugnacious Pig Queen herself!) along with enhanced and bouncier visuals. Despite the success of the Movement Demo back in April, showcasing the new knights in action, there is still more work to be done, alas, but greatness is never rushed!

In the meantime, may we all wish Roops well with the continued development of the game!

28 Likes

Wow, crazy that it has already been a year since the original game jam game. Hope Roops is doing well with whatever life has thrown at them since April!

5 Likes

I have been thinking about this but was worried about pressuring Roops. He set a goal here of finishing some playable levels by the end of summer and I figured he had a few weeks before I’d consider bumping this thread myself. I’m glad someone else did though :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Guys, just to make sure, the summer in the country where Roops lives ends tomorrow isn’t it?

1 Like

Well I wouldn’t exactly set your watch by this claim haha, but one could hopefully expect a status update in the near future!

2 Likes

I’m sure Roops is busy with IRL shit or something. In fact, there might even be some sort of global crisis right now keeping him occupied. Really, though, I don’t even need an update right now, just a comment from the man himself confirming he’s alright.

9 Likes

:point_up_2: Spot on. And my mistake for not being clearer, I meant to imply a status update from Roops may be soon forthcoming, not an actual game update (although you never know…) I’ve amended this now :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Tecnically summer ends between 21 and 23 of September. :jack_o_lantern:

2 Likes

And a reminder to those concerned that “end of summer” is a goal, not a deadline. When there’s news, we’ll hear about it. It’s not like there’s anything to gain by hiding major updates and status reports from the community, so relax and wait for them to come.

16 Likes

I don’t think anyone is treating that like a deadline or trying to hold Roops to it. He’s been very up front about how busy he is and I think everyone here respects that this is a project he’s only able to work on in his spare time. But since he said that would be a goal for progress, and he’s made such an impression with his work so far, it’s just popping into some of our minds that maybe if we’re lucky we might see some more in the near future. No one wants to put pressure on, just to offer support and encouragement :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Talking too much about it probably has the same effect anyway, so let’s just wait.

2 Likes

Hey everyone, as always, thank you for your continued interest in my projects. I’m sorry to have been a ghost around the forums for the last few months.

A very brief update on where I’m at: Feed the Crown progress has been very limited. Life has been busy, but I’ve been enjoying it, and after months and months of quarantine, that’s of high importance.

On a more positive note, I’m currently working to see if I can clear some time in my schedule to participate in the upcoming jam. It’s become such a fun tradition for me that I’d really like to prioritize it if I can.

While I know it’s disappointing to not get a game update, I hope that the jam’s rapidly approaching influx of new games has everyone excited for the site.

Thank you!

35 Likes

For now, knowing you’re still in one piece and that the game isn’t dead is enough. Good luck with the jam and on getting more time to make games.

4 Likes

You better make another amazing visual novel for the gain jam <3<3<3<3

7 Likes

Good to hear from you again, Roops! The important thing is that you’re doing okay. Best of luck for the Gain Jam!

3 Likes