Hear ye hear ye!
Choose your loyalty: the ravenous Cat Queen, the reluctant Bird Queen, or the determined Mouse “Queen”.
Your Queen needs you—her humble knight—to sneak into the Pig Kingdom for her royal sustenance. Watch out for the Pig Queen’s guards, and use your special animal abilities to navigate the castle!
If you return successful, you will be rewarded with the pleasure of dining with the queen herself! Fulfill her desires and fill her belly!
Arrow keys and spacebar during platforming sections.
Use the mouse during the feeding sections.
Press F11 for fullscreen
Press CTRL + R to restart the game
Version 0.9 Game Link: https://softercode.itch.io/feed-the-crown
SofterCode is Roops (coding, character art) & Neko.Bijoux (background & title art)
Note from Roops: There’s just never enough time in these jams, is there? While I am thrilled with the progress I made, I set out to make what is, for me, a very ambitious game in a 2-week period! As a result, there are probably plenty of bugs, and I did not get to finish or implement the music I was writing.
I hope you can enjoy this game as a proof of concept for something bigger! I plan to update it after I get feedback from the judges and the community–so let me know what you think. Thanks for playing!
Regarding Bug Fixes/Future Patches.
A million thanks for reporting the bugs. I’ve actually fixed all of the reported ones on my LOCAL version of the game, but alas, I won’t be able to upload it until the judging is over. That said, here’s a list of what WILL BE fixed, so please keep reporting if you find others!
- Fixed typos during dialogue for Mouse Queen
- Fixed an issue where the player had a low chance of getting temporarily stuck in a wall when turning right before falling off a platform.
- Fixed glitch where pressing up twice on a level exit would skip levels/feeding scenes
- Fixed collision on Mouse Maze where player could fall off of the map
- Fixed issue where “up arrow” on the staircase was rendered in front of player