Feed the Crown (Roops' Submission)

Do you think we can get a streamlined super easy mode for those of us who are just into the art and characters and not so much the platforming?

I feel like an easy mode would cheapen the satisfaction of seeing the queens at their highest weights. I just got my first perfect bird knight run, and seeing how big my queen got was so satisfying after so many attempts with damage. That moment just wouldn’t be the same if I could just pull up the same picture without trying. This isn’t a “Git Gud” post mind you, just my personal thoughts on the game.

3 Likes

Cheat Engine works really well in this game.

1 Like

Really? I couldn’t figure out how to find the values for the hits.

Search for the number of boxes you picked up.

EDIT: search for the “double” or “all” value. Searching “4 bytes” wont find it.

@ButteredToast25 I’m experimenting with ways to make the game more accessible for players who have struggled with the game’s difficulty. That being said, I love a good challenge, so expect sizable rewards for those who are able to overcome even the largest of obstacles :wink:

Also, I’m weirdly flattered that people are using a cheat engine to access the content hahaha. I hope that the future versions of the games will be motivating and balanced enough to encourage proper playthroughs too!

5 Likes

To be fair, I did a proper run through all three queens before I used CE, I just wanted to see if I could find a “the queen ate this many bites” value, couldn’t find it and just settled for seeing if the crates I missed during the run were keeping me from a secret ending.

1 Like

Personally I Kinda Want To See The Files For Each Weight Due To Me Being Bad At The Game And See If I Missed Something

1 Like

I loved it! I looooved it!! Not only were the mechanics silky smooth, filling the brief of the theme perfectly, but the cast of royals were stone-cold waifus the whole way down. I absolutely adored all three!!

6 Likes

I only tried resorting to CE after I kept getting screwed over by my lack of platforming skills.
Spikes continue to be the bane of my existence.

1 Like

This is probably my favorite game i’ve ever played on this site, it’s extremely well done. I really hope you keep working on this project.

1 Like

Call it the “in it for the plot” mode

So, tried doing the cheat engine thing mentioned earlier, but I couldn’t get it to work right, unless it’s just the one line of number and not one for each run.

Also, the third round of the final cat dungeon is still way too hard for me, since the sliding speeds up when you get fatter, making it much harder to start your climbing momentum before you fall into the spikes, I was seriously hammering away at the space bar, and even then I still failed.
So, what was the number of boxes to get the current max size? Is it a perfect run, or can you miss three?

For complete the game with the perfect run you need pick 27 chest

Thanks, but I was asking what was the number needed for the current largest size of the princesses

1 Like

It’s 3 per level, with a total of 9 levels. So 27, just like Red said.

1 Like

@TheSimFattener So glad you liked it! I took a brief break after I submitted it to recover (game jams take a LOT out of you), but I’m back to working on it! I’ve been implementing some fun new mechanics to keep the levels feeling fresh. Once I make a little more progress I’ll start posting updates on twitter if you want to follow along as development continues.

@onipuck While testing the cat, I distinctively remember my thumb starting to cramp up, but I assumed it was because I had been coding non-stop haha. Clearly that needs more adjusting! I think the issue is that the “weight jump modifier” value I used to adjust for the Player’s wall climb jump was the same as the value I used for the REGULAR jump, despite the two jumps having very different base values. In hindsight, it would have made a lot more sense to make the adjustment a percentage so that it’s proportionate. I’ll tinker around with that for a better Cat for the Version 1.0 release. Thank you for the continued feedback!

4 Likes

Well, I guess I use Twitter now.

1 Like

No problem, this is a good game that I want to see grow into a great one.

1 Like

So now I’ve gotten gotten perfect runs on all three characters I had one very minor thing I’d like to suggest that I don’t think has been mentioned yet. Would it be possible to add a hide text button? Currently the text box covers some of the belly at larger sizes and it’d be nice to be able to see the Queens stood up without anything blocking them.

1 Like