Feeder Fantasy by Fallboy

For those that might see this thread and wonder what’s going on for all these different links and versions, a tl;dr:

Summary

Fallboy’s (the original creator’s) version is in Japanese and is at version 4.0 as of this post going up. In it, you play as a man, so play that version if you can read Japanese and want to play as a dude.
Kitsune’s version added a load of stand out content and a good English translation to boot, but was for an older model of the game, lacking character portraits and a new dungeon Fallboy put in. Its script still holds up imo and is what my version is primarily based on.
–My (Shimerror’s) version adds in Fallboy’s latest content (the portraits and dungeon) alongside various little things I added in/cleaned up over Kistune’s existing work. It was mainly an effort to make the machine-translated version that was out for 4.0 into something more stomachable so ppl could experience the game and not get pulled out by Skynet Shakespeare not knowing how to translate “buhi buhi” into English. The less buggy of my two should be the male variant, as the female one was rushed since I tried to finish it before my trial period for RPGMaker ran out.
ShoeSnail’s latest version seems to be the female variant of my version, with a good load of tweaks and bug fixes that I couldn’t get around to putting in. Pretty comprehensive patch up, this version will do quite well if you’d like to play the game as an elf lady. Of course, the MC doesn’t have character portraits beyond the face, as those were only made for the male MC of Fallboy’s original.

And if you don’t even wanna read that: As far as I can tell, we’ve basically just been adding to each other’s work and bouncing off of Fallboy’s original project.

Also, when 5.0 drops, patching it shouldn’t be too much of a hassle if Fallboy keeps graciously releasing the game in an uncompressed state as they have thus far. Whether or not the content we three have added in/altered should be maintained or tossed will either have to come down to whoever makes the next patch or the forum coming to a consensus or something to work with. As of right now it just seems like everyone’s waiting for Fallboy to release 5.0, and to make a suggestion, an actual Japanese translator would be a lot better than the multiple programs I used as reference to translate the 4.0 content, if one happens to be around and willing to work once 5.0 comes out. Otherwise, it’s straight to DeepL for that pour modding soul :^P

9 Likes