Feeder Fantasy by Fallboy

An update for anyone interested. I’ve had very little free time as of late so I likely won’t be able to work on this till this weekend at the earliest.

I’ve had a chance to skim over StygianSkies notes and it doesn’t look like completing the translation and re-implementing the female mc will be a terrible amount of work but I won’t have an estimate on how long it will take until I start doing it. I hope I’ll be able to update everyone again with eta after seeing how much I get done in a weekend.

Re-impementing the rest of the mods will take longer. But I plan on releasing a version with the translation and female MC once that part is done if there is demand.

12 Likes

little question: How do you mod the game exactly? like, can you open the data in the game maker? :smiley:

A feature of RPG Maker MV is the game’s assets in a exported folder (what we download) can be reinserted back into the editor and you can see all the details yourself in a nice package. If you just open the .json files, it can still be edited, but there’s a container of code formatting that obfuscates it.

If you’re just wondering how the translation is possible, there’s a tool in the project help thread about machine translation.

Easiest way is to create a new project in rpg maker MV then paste everything in the WWW folder of whatever game you wanna edit into the new project folder. Now you can modify it using the standard RPG maker tools.
If you want to edit assets like sounds and sprites you need to decrypt them first and you can find out how to do that by googling rpg maker mv decrypt.

2 Likes

anyone translated the 1mill new game + thing

Sorry I didn’t post an update last weekend like I promised. @StygianSkies finished the translation and an old friend came back to do the code.
No dates yet but significant progress has been made.

9 Likes

Hey there folks,

Might anyone be available for or at least have any leads regarding pixel sprite art? We’re nearing the point where we’re going to need to start discussing it with someone if we ever hope to implement original content in the game within any sort of reasonable timeframe.

This could range from as simple as slightly editing existing assets (of side characters and the like) to have some pudge, to semi-complex animations like @Kitsune 's nun feeding scene in the ideal scenario. We just need to know an artist’s schedule and capabilities before we start deciding things.

In addition, I’ve been considering commissioning an artist to provide CGs for Sura to match the ones the male MC has. I feel like being able to see her tan, jiggly flesh wobbling around in the mirror, or potentially ending cutscenes, would be a great addition to the game. Or rather, it already was a great feature of the game (for people into chubby dudes) that was lost in the modding efforts. Any thoughts on someone that might be a good fit for this? Obviously Sunny3257 is infeasible.

On another note, in terms of progress, I wanna say we’re almost certainly within a month of release speaking super pessimistically, barring any IRL disaster. Have a handful of general touchups + two big questline additions/tweaks to make, so it depends on how many iterations of testing those latter things end up having to go through. Hell, could be done in a week if it goes smoothly and @Shimerror 's schedule doesn’t eat him alive, but don’t get your hopes up.

Anyway, we’d be grateful for any assistance you all can provide. In lieu of that, I’ll probably get back to you next time when we have a complete build to share.

8 Likes

I’m not a pro or anything, but I’ve messed around with sprites in RPG Maker. You can DM me here or my dA page (I don’t post my sketches atm).

I might be able to help with the CG for Sura, although there will be a disparity between her images and the ones used for other characters because my drawing style is a bit different (I can try to imitate it though). I’m fine if anything I make gets replaced by something higher quality. Just know though, I have a bit on my plate at the moment, so it would take some time before I’d be done with them. If you’re still interested in my help, send me a message.

6 Likes

Will the original, no mods, translated be released?

Uhh, that’d be a somewhat substantial time commitment. We’ll see about that once we start working on the next stage of additions.

If you just want the gist of things, you can run Translator++ on it yourself and just take the Google MTL, but it’ll sound rather rough, and undo loads of small bugfixes we made.

2 Likes

So let me get this straight. Your translation work thus far was on a mod rather than the actual game itself?

while im grateful for your hard work skies but like good said you have the translation on a mod instead on the game that seems bit weird.

Either way I’m excited to see where this application can go, especially if we can use it on later updates.

No, okay, there’s a small misunderstanding here. When 5.0 released, we “translated” it both in the sense of trying to preserve Kitsune’s somewhat liberal translation from the previous version, and then actually translated all the new stuff.

At that point, the development synergy me and @Shimerror had going was so effective that we just went ahead and re-implemented all the edits from the most recent 4.0 mod version before starting on bugfixes, QoL, and original editions, assuming no one would have interest in merely the unedited default + the new church questline from 5.0.

As such, we no longer have a version from that stage of development saved, so if you want merely the raw but translated, we’d either have to manually remove all of the gameplay edits we made or, more likely, make a new Translator++ project and go through and manually copypaste everything again using our updated script. Either of these things would be hours of busywork to produce something with rather limited demand, so you can see how I’m not super eager to hop on that while there are still important list items to work on.

Something also of note is that, as mentioned earlier, Kitsune’s translation work was extremely liberal at points, occasionally rewriting entire conversations, inserting dialects, expanding scenes, etc., so it’s not a “translation” in the most literal sense. If you wanted something more genuine, that’d probably double or triple the time it’d take to produce this as I’d have to cross-reference every line with the Japanese to identify any discrepancies and then personally translate them.

7 Likes

Yeah, I’m definitely more for the modded version based on Kitsune and ShoeSnail’s past work. That said, do you and Shimerror intend to do something like in the past? I believe Shimerror’s previous version allowed choice between either hero or heroine. Either way, thanks for doing all this no matter the outcome.

1 Like

For the future, it’s always a good idea to keep backups of prior versions of your game just to be safe.
That said however, it sounds like Kitsune made a bit of a mess of things by being so liberal.
I personally disliked Kitsune’s mod. Lots of bits and pieces of dialogue felt out of place and just ‘off’ and the alt sprites, especially for the female hero, looked fairly bad.

1 Like

@Stigma_ice
Yes, we do intend to do that, but not for the upcoming release. It’s in a huge laundry list of long-term changes we’d like to make.

@HerefortheGoodShit
Ehh, I dunno dude, I’d personally much prefer the little tangents he went on about girls’ physiques and soulful characterization to a mechanical 1-to-1 approximation of the native Japanese. There’re a lot of long stretches of slurping noises and samey expressions used by all the characters in Fallboy’s script.

Prefer whatever you like though, just don’t expect what you want anytime soon. We’re not running a professional enough operation to have, like, a bunch of forks going each containing multiple versions of a gigabyte-large game. We have a clear idea of what we personally want at least and just sort of whimsically go at it day by day.

6 Likes

Calling it ‘soulful’ is a bit much imo.
I do agree that the descriptions were good, it’s just in the parts where it was all about the female character where things got iffy.

1 Like

It’s a bit of a shame that this game is stuck in a cycle of everyone modding over each other’s work. Translation nuances aside, I don’t think any of the additional content that’s been added compares to what was in the original.

1 Like