Fetish Master Legacy Edition - bugfixed 'classic' FM with dark mode support for Java 8+ (v03 2021-12-23)

Click the character name (brody) then click use proxy

1 Like

I shot a couple PRs on the repo, and I think it would be possible to “merge” the two versions’ codebases. Seems like the largest difference is the character processing and game data changes. If the aim is just preserving 0.98 mod compatibility a unified java base with some build scripts to package the needed gamedata for each version is a possibility.

i ended up downloading the rework of the base game but im having problems getting it to run and i keep getting this error

I’ve been trying to get this to work on Solus (a Linux distro) and I keep getting “ERROR! Resouces directory not found or corrupted! Game cannot be started”. I’ve tried several different ways of installing different java versions and it just won’t cooperate. I’d appreciate any help people could offer. I miss playing this game since I switched to Solus.

Try with Java 8. Later versions make internal fields inaccessible (starting at 10?), making the Cloner increasing less functional.

Linux shouldn’t be the issue here. The problem is that the game is starting but not finding the gamedata folder. Make sure it exists (use the Full link in the first post if you need it), that it’s in the right folder relative to the game itself (your Fetish Master folder should have a dist subfolder, a gamedata subfolder, and the startup scripts), then launch the game with the appropriate bash file instead of running the JAR file directly.

A full error log might be a bit more helpful, as well as knowing what Java version you’re running, but I can’t really guess the cause of this error unless Java 16 finally does block the cloning access they’ve been threatening to block for years.

The folder structure looks correct. And I tried the bash file (after making it executable), but it opens a window and then closes it too fast to read and doesn’t load the game (also not giving any errors), hence running the .jar directly.

Running the jar directly won’t work because in doing so, you aren’t telling it where to look for the gamedata folder, and so you’ll just continue to get that error. Pretty much all the bash script does is run it via manual command, passing the gamedata folder location relative to the jar as an argument so that the engine knows where to look.

Open a terminal in the same folder as the bash script and run the script from there; if it doesn’t work you should at least have some output you can copy or screenshot. If it looks like the cloning error a few posts up, or if the game window itself is what’s opening and closing without logging anything, knowing which Java version you’re running (you can check with ‘java --version’ in the terminal) would also be useful.

1 Like

for some reason, running start.sh in the terminal worked when right-clicking and run as program did not. It gave me some output about an “illegal reflective access”, but the game opens.

So today’s the first time in weeks I’ve had ten minutes to myself to test, but I can confirm that this is a Java 16+ error. Realistically I should probably work on a big code refactor and try to remove the cloner dependencies as best I can, but that takes effort and I am lazy, so in the meantime do the following if (and ONLY if, as this isn’t a valid launch option for Java 8) you’re getting this error:

• Edit your start.bat/start.sh script with Notepad or another text editor to read
java -jar --illegal-access=permit "dist\FetishMaster.jar" gamedata
  • If you use developer mode, edit start_dev.bat/start_dev.sh to read
java -jar --illegal-access=permit "dist\FetishMaster.jar" gamedata devmode
  • Linux/Mac users will want to change the direction of the slash in the path to the JAR in the above examples. If you’re using other scripts to launch the game, I assume you’re savvy enough to figure out how to edit your launch command from the above examples.

As of v03, these workarounds shouldn’t be necessary, and in fact won’t work on Java 17 or newer anyways.

Technically, it’s a feature, planned since 2014 (and warnings not to access internal state, which the cloner does, have been present since 1.0). A future Java version will remove the illegal-access switch completely, possibly with Java 17 in September 2021.

Has anyone implemented the ass .organ file?

There’s not really anything to it atm and It’s not even part of a proxy’s description despite having defined size-description mapping.

I think Maternal-Reads’ mod might be the only thing that really adds butt size to the descriptions; if you want to install that mod, take care not to use the dist folder included in it. I think that version of the organ code was used for 0.99, which never was officially released, but that didn’t include the size descriptions; my version of 0.99 does include it but it’s also a perpetually buggy work-in-progress.

1 Like

How do i get the cock milker?

hey so I just downloaded the your version of fm and the newest version of java 8, but now windows it gives me a weird error message in a red box, “this app wont run on your Pc to find a version for your pc, check with the software publisher”, any idea? I am not good with windows so I got no clue. The Java 8 update I downloaded was 8 311.

Is this issue happening with the Java installer or the game’s startup.exe?

If it’s Java, make sure you’re getting the newest installer from the Java website, as it should automatically give you the right file for your machine.

If it’s the game’s startup.exe giving the error, it sounds like the sort of error that’d happen if the program file was empty or damaged. Try re-extracting the game files from the zip folder, making sure you’re using the proper password (fmaster).

If you’re certain Java is installed, and that the game files were extracted correctly, try running the game by double-clicking start.bat or start_dev.bat and see what happens.

Thank you has worked, sorry for wasting your time : )

It’s probably not the most exciting Christmas present, but I’ve put together a tiny new release (v03).

• Illegal access warnings/errors should no longer appear in the console window. This should allow the game to run on Java 17, and hopefully newer versions in the future. The underlying issues haven’t actually been fixed, and would require rewriting a significant amount of the engine, likely breaking saves in the process; regardless, the game should run as it always has.

• For people who prefer the original look (or want to match system colors/buttons/etc. on their Linux installations), there’s a toggle to switch back to Java’s system-wide theme, rather than the light/dark FlatLaf themes the previous builds have used. Buttons for all three theme choices are available both in the startup window and the save screen.

Download links are in the first post, and as usual the password is fmaster.

3 Likes

Hello. Has anyone created a mod that includes calculations for ass size (In regards to fat not width for penetration)?

I would like my proxies to have a section of their description dedicated to their butt size.

I found that descriptions for butt size are in the game but there’s not a script for recalculating size or fat content (Like there are for the body and breasts). Furthermore, the butt description itself is not currently a part of a proxy’s appearance text.

If either nobody has this or feels comfortable providing it to me, I would happy to implement it myself if I knew the math and how to edit the appearance text. Does anyone have any information or advice? Anything would be greatly appreciated.

I’m surprised more people are not actively modding this game. It’s very cool!

I realized my mistake. I apologize if this caused any confusion.