Fill Me Up (Formally "Untitled renpy feedee game") "January" update now available on Patreon.

I think the root problem is that advanceday doesn’t return, which then falls through to advancetime:

label advanceday:

$ dayofweek += 1
    if dayofweek == 6:
        $ dayofweek = 0

label advancetime:

if timeofday == 3:

$ timeofday = 0

scene black
        with Dissolve(0.5)

a "I can't keep my eyes open any more. I gotta sleep"

jump sleep_stage_one

"You wake up to a new day!"

else:

$ timeofday +=1
        $ renpy.notify("It's now " + timename[timeofday] +"!")

return

sleep_stage_one itself calls advanceday, so if timeofday is 3 then this will loop into itself once. Execution will then fall through to advancetime. Basically any other calls to “jump sleep_stage_one” at night will lead to this, which is why hanging out with Chika causes this so consistently. The quick fix would be to replace other “jump sleep_stage_one” calls with “call advancetime” or an equivalent jump.

Coincidentally this loop is also why you might see “It’s now afternoon!” notifications pop up.

EDIT> Actually, just returning on advanceday is enough.

7 Likes

always nice to see people helping out with the code!

3 Likes

One thing I’d love to see is the character model change based on how much the MC has eaten during the day. If she’s eaten a lot she will be bloated during the day and it’ll show up during the mirror segments and might even effect her attitude to certain activities like going out drinking or the onsen. Also would love to see more dialog after you’ve experienced the activity after the first time. Would also love to see multiple routes you can take with the MC and her roommates such as a weight gain and weight loss route. I personally love weight loss routes as I’m more into stuffing rather than weight gaining. Still so far the game is great and I’d love to see more of what you have to offer

1 Like

Hmm… that seems cool on paper although i’m not sure how well it would work with ren’py that engine can be a bit stingy sometimes especially when it comes to making mini-games inside of it.

Also i should of mentioned this earlier but it slipped my mind at the time i would suggest making any events happen by chance being set higher than what you originally planned, as when it comes to things such as chance people can get unfortunate and not see that event in their play through

1 Like

Yeah I’m not overly keen on complicated minigames. More of a fan of making different choices at different junctions leading to unexpected results. The minigames I have played for renpy games while cool, didn’t really add much to my experience and often bugged out or were confusing.
I’m not really in the mood for reading a five paragraph long instruction manual.

As for random events. Controversial opinion, but I kind of like having some things rarer than others. Otherwise the player is just clicking through a menu. I’ll definitely keep it to repeatable activities only though and probably move other things to be triggered by hitting certain weights.

9 Likes

Glad you caught that. I missed that one, although, yeah, I was able to determine that functions were falling through. There are several other places where events fall through though still. The other events though, what ends up happening is you might have two night time events when you’re meant to only have one.

4 Likes

I realy love your game, i want to see new wersion with more wg stages (youre sprites are wonderfull) , i hope you wont throw out this project
P.S sorry for marks i am not english speaker

3 Likes

Adding to namad’s contributions, one thing you can do for menus in Ren’py is add a conditional to the choices. So for the Chika feeding self control check, your menu could be coded like:

menu:
                        "Join?"
                        "Mind if I join?" if selfcontrol <10:
                            e "Grab a slice. We've got an ass to build!"

"I'm going back to bed":
                            jump stage_one_menu
                    scene chikafeeding04

This makes it so that if your self-control is too high, the only option for the player is “I’m going back to bed,” which gives a nice transition to the scene ending.

I think it’s carboloadrefuse 01, there’s not a jump stage_one_menu after you refuse, so it continues into the scene where you accept.

Loving this game btw, what an amazing first attempt at a VN. I really like the inclusion of stretchmarks on the MC, not usually into them, but the implications it has for the narrative is really hot.

1 Like

cute :slight_smile: enjoying the current stuff even tho it’s mostly pressing the same buttons and the workout time freeze bug is quite annoyin

1 Like

This is my favourite type of game on this site. I actually really like the randomness of events, it keeps stuff interesting for longer, though obviously the more variety, the better. The models are great, seeing Daz3D so many times can get stale so this artstyle is very refreshing. Just started playing, but can’t wait for what you have in store for us!

4 Likes

Ah so that’s how you do that.

That would make it so the option won’t appear at all unless you’re over a certain self control level, correct?

@Aleece

I’m glad you enjoyed it.

Game is still being worked on! Next update will likely only have on weight gain stage though. I wanted to focus on building the template and activities for the first few stages.

I’m using the OP as a check list right now. You can check on the progress by seeing what has been checked off.

7 Likes

For a first release this was incredible so much more content than I’d expect too. Love the art style, especially considering you say you’re not an artist. Really enjoyed it.

As you asked for what people would like, I think top of the list, but already covered is fixing both the days and the thing where time gets stuck.

Then just things I’d love to see;
-Being able to join in perhaps with the cake stuffing scene between roommates.
-Potential to split pants squatting at gym after gaining.
-More options to lure others to join you in gluttony / sabotage their efforts. Maybe getting loads of takeout on the nights out. Or an option to skip the gym, or go to a fast food place after the gym.
-Love the kinda anonymous man sex scene ideas, but would be cool to have some raunchy scenes of this nature between characters.
-A few more daily activities. Maybe the MC can get a job? Or maybe they get noticed at the gym and work as a PT, could add another char as a client. Interesting to see the embarassment of a pt get fat. Or a side gig, working somewhere like an icecream store, spit balling.
-Maybe a go for a walk/jog option for some outdoor scenes. Options to bail for food, as well as scenes showing MC getting lazier/unfit always fun.
-Something with a stuckage scene. These are usually a little contrived and can’t think of a good natural opportunity from the game so far. Maybe locked out sometimes and the need to go through a window/doggy door. Maube just a chair with tight arms, or a booth at a fast food place.

That’s it off the top of my head, but incredible for a first demo as I said. Out of interest, how long did the first release take you to make? Anyway thanks for the game, and GL with it’s future, will be watching closely.

8 Likes

Great to know that your using the OP as a way to show your progress towards the next update.

Though i do have a question or a few to ask if you do not mind answering:

• Erika hair and facial design seems to give off this intimidating presence with certain expressions was that intentional so to give her a ‘i’m in charge’ with what you had planned for her further down the story or just simply accidental coincidence that works really well for her character?

• i know i mentioned wanting more Kaede in my suggestion though was their plans to have get more involved with Akane and the other girls in the story or not?

• Lastly for now with the content that is their right now and with what your planning for the next update how much more do you plan for Akane weight to seriously effect her throughout the story? (I.E reactions, supporting her choice or not etc & getting involved in either making her fatter or trying to get her back to shape?)

2 Likes

@loljuicepwn

Hey I’m glad you enjoyed the game. I’m actually working on a few of the things you suggested here. Slow and steady right now because I don’t have entire days to tear into everything with work going on.

The first release took about five days of full time work with a lot of messing around. I’m generally trying to get two or so hours of work done on the game a day and come the weekend I should be able to set the Dominos on motion and get a whole bunch done.

@maldy

Yeah there will be more Kaede. She was the latest character introduced into the game at the time and didn’t have that much consideration into what she was going to do when she was created. I want more interactions between her and other characters in the future.

If you noticed, Erika’s model is almost absurdly tall. I think I leaned into that personality because it worked rather than made it that way intentionally.

For you last question, I Akane can still get A LOT bigger. I plan to add content for both of the options you mentioned there. I really like the idea of her university grades falling apart and her becoming a completely useless pig while her willpower is slowly chipped away at, but I should make it clear, I want to stay away from the super morbid stuff. It’s too polarising.

4 Likes

The bugs have been mentioned, but this is awesome. I don’t know that I’ve seen anything like this in terms of the MC’s experience and options, and I’m impressed by how you’ve finessed it so that reasonable options can take her down the feedee path. I’m used to seeing feedee MCs who are very enthusiastic right from the start, and that kind of story doesn’t interest me. But this, this is excellent, and I don’t even like VNs—I usually just peek at the assets and throw away the rest. I was intrigued enough by the description to play it for a bit, and the plot actually kept my attention.

Great work, and I look forward to seeing where this goes!

3 Likes

An awesome start! I think I’ve hit the end of the content for now but I loved what I played. Grammar and bugs aside, you’ve put together something rather impressive in seemingly a very short span of time! Fantastic work!

I really love the directions that have been teased. The idea of a multi character mutual gain is really awesome, especially ideas such as: you may be able to convince Erika to go mutual as opposed to becoming a pure feeder. NGL… Kinda hoping for a “Literally Everyone is out of control” mutual route lol…

The fact that the progression for each character seems very natural is what really makes the game shine, they explore things with and without the player. If you can keep up that feel this game will have some crazy potential!

7 Likes

I gotta say this game looks promising, adding a couple of events and more weight stages/sizes and it will do wonders. And there’s people around here that can even help you with, finding bugs and helping with some coding. Keep it up!!
Btw Feedee Experience might be a good name for this game, just saying.

1 Like

The only reason I don’t know if it makes sense is the game might/will have routes that have the MC as a feeder or mutual gaining routes. Might make more sense to do something reference something with the descent into gluttony all characters can have for a title. But maybe I’m over thinking it, since currently it is exclusively a feedee project.

Yeah… not bad of a name to suggest but i’m not sure if that would work with this title perhaps more on the lines of, ‘Erika’s Rebounding Urges?’ or perhaps ‘Feeding Urges’ though its the devs choice at the end of the day

@Mark-627

I’m glad you see the potential. I’m having a really hard time figuring out a name, but as others have pointed out. There will be more than just feedee stuff in here. I’m still open to more name suggestions. So long as it’s not a pun.

4 Likes