Food Out! Update | Meet Monaha!

Hello everyone! In this update, we will be covering Food Out! and officially opening our Patreon and Discord!

Introducing Commander Monaha! This short will tell a bit about her story!

After a devastating surprise attack against the Anti-Food Force headquarters, it was quickly determined their very own Commander Knack taken deep into enemy territory. Left with a deficit in power, the young upstart Commander Monaha is placed in charge of Knack’s squad on a mission to save their pillar of defense. And while easily qualified to lead the charge, Monaha finds herself butting heads with Knack’s second in command over much of the mission. The squad tracks their quarry deep within the Mite tunnels of The Devil’s Hearth Volcano, planning to use the insect’s nest as an entry point straight to where Knack is likely held. However, unforeseen hazards split Jet and Monaha on the appropriate course of action, and unfortunately listening to Monaha gets the squad injured. Their communications fried, Jet uses this chance to prove they don’t need Monaha to save Knack. And indeed they find their Commander, but in worse shape than they’d ever imagined. Not only is Knack stuffed to near-bursting, Butelle herself is overseeing her interrogation with the help of a small army. Previously confident, Jet soon flounders without a leader to guide them, nearly getting themselves captured until Monaha’s Checkmate ability helps turn the tide. Losing communication, Monaha herself came out to the volcano, turning the Sugar Demons against each other whilst the squad frees Knack. Monaha further helps guide the squad safely out of the volcano and back to home base, Jet an Monaha both coming to terms that they need each other to succeed.

So what do you think of our newest playable commander? We’ve been building her up for a while now, and going forward we plan to introduce all the commanders a bit differently! Of course, we appreciate all feedback on these character introductions, so if there any techniques you liked let us know! We’ll definitely carry that over for the next commander’s intro.

We have a story in progress, written by LordBate! Read about one of Monaha’s Missions to save Commander Knack from the cold, cruel clutches of Butelle Icetop! If you’d like to check out the story, Check out our Journal: FOOD OUT! Meet Monaha! | Team Poppu Update #5 by 8FineCookies on DeviantArt

After a devastating surprise attack against the Anti-Food Force headquarters, it was quickly determined their very own Commander Knack taken deep into enemy territory. Left with a deficit in power, the young upstart Commander Monaha is placed in charge of Knack’s squad on a mission to save their pillar of defense. And while easily qualified to lead the charge, Monaha finds herself butting heads with Knack’s second in command over much of the mission. The squad tracks their quarry deep within the Mite tunnels of The Devil’s Hearth Volcano, planning to use the insect’s nest as an entry point strait to where Knack is likely held. However, unforeseen hazards split Jet and Monaha on the appropriate course of action, and unfortunately listening to Monaha gets the squad injured. Their communications fried, Jet uses this chance to prove they don’t need Monaha to save Knack. And indeed they find their Commander, but in worse shape than they’d ever imagined. Not only is Knack stuffed to near-bursting, Butelle herself is overseeing her interrogation with the help of a small army. Previously confident, Jet soon flounders without a leader to guide them, nearly getting themselves captured until Monaha’s Checkmate ability helps turn the tide. Losing communication, Monaha herself came out to the volcano, turning the Sugar Demons against each other whilst the squad frees Knack. Monaha further helps guide the squad safely out of the volcano and back to home base, Jet an Monaha both coming to terms that they need each other to succeed.

So right now for Food Out our focus is working on some gamplay videos to show! After this we’re planning on working on showing off more content like the 3rd Commander!

By supporting us on Patreon, you’ll not only be providing the finances for the time Team Poppu spends drawing and writing, but also give us funds to recruit outside talents for future projects! Voice acting and 3D artists for games, videos, not to mention music, all the bells and whistles we know you love, and we strive to provide. All profits outside our target goals will be used to make Team Poppu the booming business we know it can be! And to really make it worth your while, Team Poppu Patreons will receive early and/or exclusive benefits not available on our other platforms. This will include early art access, extra poll votes and options, access to our game demos, special cosmetic “Tester Bonuses” for our games, and potentially more! Stay tuned for future details on our exact Patreon reward tiers.

We’re open to feedback on benefits! We appreciate any support given!
Our patreon is: www.patreon.com/teampoppu

AAAPoppu by 8FineCookiesDisgruntledPoppu by 8FineCookiesPoppuInnocent by 8FineCookiesPoppuMunching by 8FineCookiesShockedPoppu by 8FineCookies

We also have a new discord! You can join it here!

Da Cookie Cave (Team Poppu)

We plan to have some game servers on here, so any suggestions feel free to talk about it over there!

Want to find out more about Food Out? View here!

11 Likes

Ahh! Can’t wait for some gameplay!

it looks fantastic cant wait to play the game :smiley:

Food Out! Eh? :thinking:

We are working on showing some of the game play soon! Should show the commanders influence on the battle!

1 Like

We’re working hard! Hopefully, we can get a Demo out soon!

2 Likes

Nice!

2 Likes

A small update!
I do voted draws sometimes on my DA page, and a not yet shown Food Out character was the winner!

The Instructor - “Grit those teeth!”
The Boot camp Instructor, She seemed to have taken some effects from her last mission! However, she is determined to get every Unit and Rookie back in shape!

She’ll be a story character in Food Out! She will be training you Rookies a little!

6 Likes

Can youake an estimate when full game or demo comes out for Food Out?

Sorry typo. Can you make an estimate or precise date on when either the demo or full game comes out.(Sorry if I sound impatient.

Of course, We have a schedule for all our content! Just note that things change around here and there, but nothing too crazy.

Demos:
I don’t know an exact date, but we’re aiming for public Demos to start releasing in March. Patreon demos will be earlier, I’m not sure on the specific date for those yet.

Full Game
We’re aiming for August! Despite this being the full game, there will be some content updates to it after.

On our schedule we have something Food Out to show monthly, so we hope you enjoy the lead up to the demo!

3 Likes

Will the game be MAC compatible?

For the Demos, unless there is demand over on Patreon from Early Demo supporters, there won’t be. However, for the full game I’d like to try and get a MAC version going. (I’d need to find someone to test it).

1 Like

Awesome! I really cannot wait to play the game!!

We’re working hard to hit the Demo deadlines and such! But if you can’t play those hopefully you’ll enjoy the animation and story lead up!

2 Likes

Another Small update!
Due to another voted draw on my DA page (8FineCookies - Hobbyist, Digital Artist | DeviantArt), Another Food Out character was voted! This is one of the Boss units, Mashie!

One of the enemies most powerful soldiers, Marshie: is known to have high defence and a belt breaking impact in battle!

Also got any questions about Food Out?
We have a curiouscat just to have a place that people can easily ask stuff! Please ask away if any questions!
Ask here: CuriousCat

4 Likes

I’m guessing this is kind of like Bloons (the shovelware-like game series about monkeys attacking balloons) meets Advance Wars (which was recently revived by Nintendo and WayForward, the latter being the creators of the Shantae franchise), right?

Sorta could say that yeah, Bloons was, and still is a game I like to sink many hours into, so a lot of the crazy Unit stuff has inspired me for sure. I’ve also heard comments of Food Out to be a bit similar to PVZ, but I think as development has proceeded, it’s moved away from that more.