Forest & Shack (Quest WGRPG)

Game ends there unfortunately.

Just found this and really dug what you have so far. I do hope you decide to keep going on it. Too many dead weight gain games. :cry:

1 Like

Can you at least fix the save feature please? The button on the top doesn’t work and typing it in gets me this. :unamused:

1 Like

Same here I dunno either why the save button isn’t working and why you type save it gives you that?

1 Like

What do you do have getting the fairy stone? The game is fun, and I wondering how to continue

The point at which you get the fairy stone is the end of the content in the game unfortunately.

3 Likes

will there ever be more or is that it for good?

More than likely not, but who really knows. I have no inside information, but from what I’ve seen this project is either not going to be finished or is on a very long hiatus.

1 Like

oh shoot, haven’t checked on this project in a while! I am a big fan.

is there a chance you ever post the cheats somewhere spoilered or put clues? I never manage to get save games working and I doubt decompiling quest games is easy or moral.

4 Likes

So how do we get the flavour events without having to rely on RNG to get the cheeseburgers and gain the weight since it’s really buggy?

You can download it and Quest and play it offline to avoid most of the bugs. But if you can’t do that or simply don’t want to, there is a code you can use to get a bunch of money and cheeseburgers. Just type 120 and you should get a testing rock in your inventory. Using it gets you all the good stuff so you can cram your face with cheeseburgers and buy armor so you can get what flavor text there is for bursting out of it.

How do I download it so I can play offline? Also are there any weight levels past ‘morbidly obese’?

Well that’s weird. I thought for sure there was one. Basically from what I remember, you would click the link in the OP and there would be a button below the “Play Online” button that was either Play Offline or Download or something like that. But I don’t see it anywhere now. I could have sworn I even downloaded it myself. Give me a second and I’ll see if I can find and post the downloaded version here. If it’s okay with @hungrykitten7, of course.

@Gr1mR34p8r Damn, I think I deleted it. The file was on my phone because I thought maybe I could get Quest on my phone to play it without issue there, but I probably deleted it once I realized I couldn’t get Quest on the phone. Sorry man.

The download link is at the bottom of the right hand side sidebar:

1 Like

Author here. I’ve got mixed news.

First, gonna confirm that this project is dead. My PC got stolen, so the original code for this game is gone, and I don’t feel like remaking it from scratch. Also, the new version of Quest I downloaded to try exactly that was bugged? Killed my motivation real quick.

Good news though: I graduated college. My major was CS with a Concentration on Entertainment Computing. In other words, I have some new game-making skills now. I’ll be working on a new project in my free time. Feel free to look forward to it.

19 Likes

could we at somepoint get a game based around the same concept if not the game? and not in quest?

ohhh shiiiiit! hype!

Hype intensifies WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Yes. I like the feel of simple roaming adventures like this, and it’s something I keep naturally coming back to. I’m pretty sure it’s inevitable I’ll end up making something very similar in the future.

6 Likes