Forks: A Weight Gain Visual Novel (Cancelled, all assets posted for everyone)

Hey all, time for an update and progress check!

First, hope my US peeps had a nice Thanksgiving, and that everybody else had a nice Thursday! I’d meant to post an update then, but as ever, taking care of a 5-month old takes up everything. I’d like to give you all something nice to see, and I’ve finally got it!

Being back at the office lets me work 1-2 hours/day, 5 days each week; it’s almost safe to say that serious Forks progress didn’t start until September of this year when I went back to work. I’d written 10 scenes earlier this year that got lost, then another 3 that I’ve since scrapped since the Great September Advance began. Here’s a present outline of what you can expect for new content:

• 2 Grace scenes
  • 2 Rea scenes
  • 1 Morgan scene
  • 7 Hannah scenes
  • 3 weight steps across multiple characters
  • 2 placeholder CGs, filled once Toro’s available.

So as you can see, next update will primarily be about Hannah. I’d tried to balance everyone’s new scenes out, but got on a roll with Hannah’s story and just kept going :sweat_smile:. For those wanting more Hannah- rejoice! For everyone else, rejoice that she won’t be in the following update!

Anyway, enjoy some newness:

And there it is… I didn’t plan on having Alex confess her secret to Hannah so soon, but Hannah ended up being more open to it than I’d thought. Alex’s empathy and enthusiasm has been a big help, and it turns out Hannah’s willing to overlook Alex’s “odd” choices if it means not having to deal with Rea’s Reaness. Makes sense to me!

From here, I still need to write ~3 scenes, though I might be able to squeeze in 4 if things go well (they haven’t, that’s 2021, baby :partying_face:). After that I’ll clean them up, smooth over any implementation issues, add some phone stuff and make sure dates/weights/conversions work, then post a sneaky update here with a release candidate everyone can download. If there’s no major bugs I missed, I’ll post it as a proper update!

So, that’s shooting for the end of the year, both this Forks update and the first Aria demo. It’s all been a long time coming, but as always I really appreciate everyone’s patience. Things definitely haven’t gone as planned, but at this point I can guarantee at least this chunk of an update will come out soon.

This is the part where I’d normally respond to everyone, but I’m a bit at a loss for time right now and it looks like I haven’t been here in a while :confounded: I’ll try to be here more often as the release of this (way, way overdue) first update nears!

Edit: Ha, that’s the wrong Hannah portrait in the last shot! Oh well, this makes it more of a surprise :stuck_out_tongue:

39 Likes