Forks: A Weight Gain Visual Novel (Cancelled, all assets posted for everyone)

There have not. The posts from the developers are previews for what will eventually be the full product.

4 Likes

hey cant wait to see how this game turns out played it alot glad i found this amazing game keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Hey all, time for an update and progress check!

First, hope my US peeps had a nice Thanksgiving, and that everybody else had a nice Thursday! I’d meant to post an update then, but as ever, taking care of a 5-month old takes up everything. I’d like to give you all something nice to see, and I’ve finally got it!

Being back at the office lets me work 1-2 hours/day, 5 days each week; it’s almost safe to say that serious Forks progress didn’t start until September of this year when I went back to work. I’d written 10 scenes earlier this year that got lost, then another 3 that I’ve since scrapped since the Great September Advance began. Here’s a present outline of what you can expect for new content:

• 2 Grace scenes
  • 2 Rea scenes
  • 1 Morgan scene
  • 7 Hannah scenes
  • 3 weight steps across multiple characters
  • 2 placeholder CGs, filled once Toro’s available.

So as you can see, next update will primarily be about Hannah. I’d tried to balance everyone’s new scenes out, but got on a roll with Hannah’s story and just kept going :sweat_smile:. For those wanting more Hannah- rejoice! For everyone else, rejoice that she won’t be in the following update!

Anyway, enjoy some newness:

And there it is… I didn’t plan on having Alex confess her secret to Hannah so soon, but Hannah ended up being more open to it than I’d thought. Alex’s empathy and enthusiasm has been a big help, and it turns out Hannah’s willing to overlook Alex’s “odd” choices if it means not having to deal with Rea’s Reaness. Makes sense to me!

From here, I still need to write ~3 scenes, though I might be able to squeeze in 4 if things go well (they haven’t, that’s 2021, baby :partying_face:). After that I’ll clean them up, smooth over any implementation issues, add some phone stuff and make sure dates/weights/conversions work, then post a sneaky update here with a release candidate everyone can download. If there’s no major bugs I missed, I’ll post it as a proper update!

So, that’s shooting for the end of the year, both this Forks update and the first Aria demo. It’s all been a long time coming, but as always I really appreciate everyone’s patience. Things definitely haven’t gone as planned, but at this point I can guarantee at least this chunk of an update will come out soon.

This is the part where I’d normally respond to everyone, but I’m a bit at a loss for time right now and it looks like I haven’t been here in a while :confounded: I’ll try to be here more often as the release of this (way, way overdue) first update nears!

Edit: Ha, that’s the wrong Hannah portrait in the last shot! Oh well, this makes it more of a surprise :stuck_out_tongue:

39 Likes

Super excited for the update, I’m really looking forward to Hannah’s story so this is an extra awesome update for me!

So am I. Can’t wait to see the story continue, along with the new weight stages.(I mean look at what site we’re on.)

So thanks for the update and hope everything goes well. Always excited to see one of these come out. Now time to start speculating who’s getting those stages. It’s probably gonna be going to the other 3 that didn’t get any in the demo but you never know without good evidence

I saw the post and immediately started to dance. It’s 1 in the morning.

Also does the producer of Forks have other music? I’ve only found his SoundCloud and there wasn’t much other than the Forks demo soundtrack.

2 Likes

another splendid update, i forgot about that US holiday that is Thanksgiving again… mostly due to being in the U.K although i live in a part of the country that celebrate Robert burns- anyway can’t wait to see the updated demo and as such… Cue my photo First impression!.

Image 1: Now this has so many interpretations and while i have no doubt Morgan will give some solid advise i’m going to have to do all three of the other characters.
Hannah: Not a bad idea to ask on how to Tell Hannah your doing the opposite although pray-tell she isn’t behind the door!
Rea: I guess when your dealing with someone like her its not hard to ask why you went to Morgan for advise to see if she can help with making sure you two get along just fine hopefully.
Grace: While she certainly is the most stable member of the group although hard to understand at times i’m guessing you went to Morgan to ask with how to approach this kind of relationship made by your desires to both gain?

Image 2: oh god Rea plays Gacha games…RUN!

Image 3: I’m also surprised Alex would be that open to hannah this soon although she most certainly should be careful for a while though on how to approach this since it’s clear hannah is trying to wrap her head around this new kink she didn’t realize until recently

I was hoping for this to be a rea update but Hannah is a close second fave for me so I’m still super pumped!

2 Likes

When you’re so in the zone that the characters start to write themselves. Makes this update sound all the more promising!

2 Likes

Aha, I showed back up! No ducking out for 6 weeks, that’s got to be a good sign, right :stuck_out_tongue:?

@burntmagic I’m glad you’re excited :blush:! I’d originally thought I’d have a Grace update first, but I hit a good note with one of Hannah’s scenes, and it’s been relatively smooth progress on that ever since. Hope you enjoy it once it’s out!

@Awildrando You’re welcome! Indeed, you never. One of them might be closer than you think~ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@FallenKing107 Haha, I’ve had to pull lots of late nights just to get this far. Turns out if you want some free time with a baby, you need to be ready for some rough hours. It’s not all bad, it’s like I’m back in college cramming for a paper :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Fork’s composer, Ars, has found some professional gigs recently, and he may not be able to add them to his SoundCloud. I’m not sure, I just know he’s gotten very busy, and that’s why he might not be able to compose for us any longer. We’ll have to see, I’m not yet at a point where I need to shop around for someone else.

@maldy Thanks! Even here, Thanksgiving has a way of getting squeezed between Halloween and Christmas; it’d be more convenient if those Plymouth folk had punted it to April or something :thinking:
As always, it’s fun to read your interpretations. Rea and Alex are going to get pretty silly together, somewhere in the code is an animation for Rea to jump kick Alex in the head to enthusiastically greet her. I wonder if I’ll get to use it!

@Pagsram Honestly, I was a little worried that most people would be disappointed it’d be a Hannah update. I’m glad people like her, and as I said in the update, glad that others should get their girl’s update soon. Hopefully sooner than another year, this holdup’s sorta’ killed the hype :rofl:

@CreatureFeep You bet! As much as I’d planned a proper narrative for everyone, I’d say about 80% of this game ended veering elsewhere because the characters wanted to. Heck, some lucky players might’ve even downloaded an old version that still had the Japanese arcade scene with Rea!

9 Likes

Super happy for the update :slight_smile:

Even though I prefer Grace, I expected Hannah to get some content.

Good luck and thank you again I really enjoyed the demo!

2 Likes

To be quite honest if I got the news of this being a Hannah focused update earlier, maybe I would’ve been disappointed.

But ever since playing the game again.(it was to see if it wasn’t just hype that made me like the game, which good news that wasn’t the case.) it’s kinda hard to tell which one of the three is my favorite since my enjoyment of Hannah and Rea grew on my second playthrough.

Also on a bit of a extra note to end it on, for the months I wasn’t playing the game,for some reason I thought Hannah was much shorter than she actually was. Of course now this isn’t the case.

1 Like

Admittedly this hound has to say she’s short
But a short stacked sort of gal who’d probably be able to knock taller people down on accident
Size only matters with kinetics
Though rea is mine for the simple reason of being from alaska, midnight sun for the win

1 Like

The itch.io link in the very first post. 014d January 7th 2021 is the current demo build.

1 Like

Another update! It’s almost like these are leading up to something :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Just finished a (long) spoiler-y Hannah/Alex scene, and now I’m working on the next! Depending on how it goes, I may do either 1 or 2 more scenes after, and then cut new content there as I polish everything for release. At this point it’s hard to post screenshots that wouldn’t have spoilers, but here’s one:

No more practices, they’re finally in the big leagues!
I’ll keep at is as I can (still finalizing the Aria demo, some performance issues blocking release that I’ll specify later on Patreon), and hopefully post another update soon!

@Awildrando Glad the content held up! It’s hard for me to judge since I’ve seen it so much, but it’s nice to know this game isn’t all hype. Good thing too, life’s done a good job killing it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Also, Hannah’s canonically 4’11" (150 cm), but the scaling may’ve shifted since we first implemented her portrait. They were at one point all drawn to scale, but I don’t have the character lineup with me at the moment. Alex is 5’4" (163 cm)… and I forget the others :sweat_smile:

@cerberus Rea’s route has plenty to say about her Alaska days! Bear for breakfast, foil on the windows, and hentai on TV!

18 Likes

Yeah it was probably a case of me remembering things wrong, as mentioned before.At least I got some official confirmation on that.But I just thought it was funny enough to say.

And hey new update, so that’s a plus.

Thanks for feeding us more crumbs Tron! Love to see some Rhea and Grace goofiness. Hannah’s definitely a shortstack at that height which is great!
BTW I was wondering how far into game the demo is. Was it like the first 1/4? And I’m going to agree with eclun, your writing makes this project really stand out.

1 Like

the original demo had like 6 wg steps out of like 40ish if i can recall. So fortunately for us we still have a ton more of content coming up :smiley:

6 Likes

It may be a bit late for this, but … Happy New Year! :partying_face:

2 Likes

Ehi today is the first anniversary of the current release !!!

3 Likes