Forks: A Weight Gain Visual Novel (Cancelled, all assets posted for everyone)

Yea I know that will be the case at some point but the dev mentioned an upcoming update and I was wondering if any of the new stages will be featured in the next update. I guess we’ll just have to find out.

1 Like

Hi, I’m new to the fanbase and just started playing the demo from itchio’s launch app and wanted to play more after I was done. I saw that there was a Forks014d-014e zip file to download but it never opened on my Mac and I never figured out the instructions from the last user I saw trying to open it with a Mac. So I downloaded a Windows 11 Virtual Screen named Parallel to run the zip file but the exe has an error message.

To run through what I did, I just downloaded the zip again from the Windows VM this time and extracted all the files from the zip and tried to open the Application by itself.
I wondered if anyone ran into this problem using Parallel on other games or just knows what I’m missing on how to run the game on a mac without a Virtual Machine.

I know Tron mentioned he’d want to post the upcoming update for the game with a Mac version, but I just wanted to see if this would work for now. Thanks for reading, I don’t really expect much of an answer for now.

@MrMetroid107 Did you run into this problem using a mac?

Hey, I didn’t mean to waste everyone’s time, but I figured out the Mac problem I was having with the app not opening up on MacOS. Just needed to open it up from Show Package Contents, MacOS Folder, and open it up from the terminal allowing the Downloads to be used. Everything is working fine now.

2 Likes

Hey! Wanted to show off the updated clothing store, but Toro’s been crazy busy and can hopefully have it out sometime this week, you’ll see another update here once it is!

In the meantime, here’s something fresh:

Like, really fresh.

It’s a digital napkin sketch of the first thing you’ll see when starting a new game. Those of you who’ve played the WIP demo update can probably see how this fits in with the brief carside chat Alex has with her mom. On top of starting the game with a CG (showin’ we got a budget, yo!), it also helps illustrate what Stage 1 CG Alex looks like.

I also also post this because I expect it to change a lot once it’s been fully rendered. Anyone reading this now can think back on this post once the update’s out and the CG’s been given the proper Toro treatment.

Another short update as things are otherwise ready to go, I’ll be back later to show you guys the rest as we finish up!

@gamerca This update will show three new weight stages, but not all of them are Alex’s. You’ll see Alex get a lot more than that if I ever manage to finish the game :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

@notdeku I’m so glad you enjoyed the demo! Seriously, writing and game dev are totally new to me and the best feedback I can get (up there with quality constructive criticism) is that someone, somewhere enjoyed it. Thank you, I hope I can keep it coming :relaxed:

Glad you were able to get it working too! I do indeed plan to upload a proper MacOS version that should play nicer with your system.

26 Likes

Is Alex wearing a skirt there? Thanks for the pretty consistent updates. They have been keeping my interest and probably everyone elses as well. I’m hoping for a Grace size up in the next one but at the same time I like thats she seems to be of a more a feeder/explosive growth type herself.

5 Likes

I can’t wait for the new updates! I also can’t wait to see a new Grace update just because I know how good she’ll be to Alex’s waistline!

Also, this is my first post ever, despite having lurked since the bugfix update last year

3 Likes

Are the added weight stages referenced by the dev an increase relative to the most recent release (14e) or the “official” itch.io release? Trying to gage the extent of Alex and her friends gluttony :wink:

1 Like

It’s an increase relative to the official release, the 14e release is the same release without the artwork

Hey, all! Another quick update as we near the release, remember the napkin sketch in my last post? It’s done!

This is the 90% finished version, the completed render will be included with the release. Changed a lot, didn’t it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:?

From here we begin the last CG on Monday, and once that’s complete I can push the update out to everyone!

@SetzerGabbiani03 Thanks for staying with this for so long! I’m sorry it’s been such a wait, but there’s new stuff on the horizon :sunrise_over_mountains:!

31 Likes

Wow. Looks like a still from a studio Ghibli film, well, maybe minus the perky butt.

Alex’s soccer butt on full display!

3 Likes

And I’m back already, can you believe it :face_with_spiral_eyes:?!

Napkin sketch for the final CG, after which the update can be unleashed. I originally wasn’t going to tease it so fully, but Toro didn’t have good size references and so sketched everyone at their smallest. Rest assured they won’t be this thin in the final render, as anyone who’s played the pre-update will notice there’s no way they’re this small in this scene :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Just like before, stay tuned to see how much this changes!

27 Likes

Something’s up. I can feel it in my bones. But in other news, this sketch is looking nice so far.

1 Like

This is awesome. I can’t believe it’s going to be released soon. It looks really good. Y’all are awesome.

1 Like

Nice. The excitement is growing! Maybe not as much as Alex however :rofl:

5 Likes

I cant wait for the next update. Hopefully one of those 3 new weights is for morgan :smiley:

2 Likes

Welcome to the site @daw unfortunately asking for updates on projects is not allowed here at weight gaming. You can see this in the FAQ - Weight Gaming under the improve the discussion section. Mistakes happen it’s not the end of the world, don’t let it discourage you from posting.

1 Like

Hey! Is there anyway I could email something or send a written scene of the characters to ‘apply’ to see if I could have a sort of assistant writer role? I’m a good writer and I don’t want any weird compensation or official business, just wanna help the project run along. Any contact info I could use? Thanks <3 love what you’re doing

2 Likes

Something tells me you may not find that, but let this hound point you somewhere more fruitful
The guys running ‘love is the way to my heart’ are in need of guys like you so perhaps take a gander and see if its your cup o tea
There’s also Growth academy second year as well

4 Likes