Forks: A Weight Gain Visual Novel (Cancelled, all assets posted for everyone)

And that’s assuming they’re not utterly fed up of working on this particular game by then.

2 Likes

but that new style though :fire:

How’s it going? (still working on that sample script btw, just been busy xD)

My lord, Alex looks so good here. This game is gonna be worth the wait.

2 Likes

More like worth the weight lol

3 Likes

I mean both of these work.

Also excited for whatever new-new content is in the update, I seemed to gloss over that in Tron’s most recent message. But at least I know now.

1 Like

Been following forks since the beginning, felt it was time to finally make an account here. Excellent work, y’all, one of the best WG VNs out there, looking forward to the next update greatly.

8 Likes

Since its getting close to the 4th of July (and just passed Canada Day) what kind of BBQ items are each girls favorites? I’m guessing Rea would be a burger girl.

4 Likes

Given Alex is from Texas, my first thought is either ribs or brisket.

5 Likes

A little late to the party, but I was feel like Grace would be a skewers kind of gal. Reasoning: Idk.

Hannah’s currently drawing a blank for me.

6 Likes

Grace: ‘Ah yes, I have heard of these barbqeues, though grilling is perhaps not as suited to our purpose as frying.’
sticks a bacon-wrapped fillet mignon on the range

I’d probably give skewers to hannah, honestly.

3 Likes

Okay considering what you did for Grace,Hannah can have the skewers. That’s way more fun.

1 Like

This latest update seems is pretty cool to see Hannah in the more updated artist design and i do hope that the next update will be fantastic with what was in the WIP update (More grace shenanigans!)

With that said… it’s question time!

As weave have seen with hannah & Reas route with how similar their falling out will be i take it’s going to play differently in graces route since Alex is sort of not acting as the tie breaker for the girls? (not sure if i asked this one already)

With the introduction of another side character from the previous updates, are their any more side characters with their own weight stages & is alex mom going to put on some worry weight for her daughter?

3 Likes

The question about Alex mom is a genius question. Lets hope for the best !

3 Likes

I want to create a translation for a game, but it won’t open in renpy launcher. Can I do it somehow?

I believe the files you get from the itchio are locked in a way to prevent spoilers and tampering i imagine when the game is fully released the files will be fully open for translation and modding

Assuming, since you posted in this thread, that Forks is the game you want to translate?

If so, it might be an idea to ask the devs first?

2 Likes

This is not true, you can open the files to get spoiled, which I did apparently eons ago when I was trying to make a bug report.

Although, yeah, it would be a little rude to translate a game without asking a dev about it.

1 Like

Hey, everyone! It’s been a while, I had to move rather suddenly and didn’t have desktop Internet for almost a month after :sweat_smile:. On top of that, it’s been tough finding child care for my son and I’ve had to take lots of PTO to watch him, taking valuable office time (where I’m the most productive). Back up and running though, and I think the demo update’s finally ready!

Really, it would’ve been ready ~6 weeks ago had I not moved (Toro finished the last CG around then), but I don’t like showing up until I’ve got something ready to show, and I just about do! It’s a little late in the night to do it now, but I plan to prepare the build either tomorrow night or Thursday. Those of you who played the WIP update can enjoy a few more Hannah scenes, and those of you who’ve only played up to the first demo will have a lot more!

• Tweaked the intro
  • 3 new CGs
  • Even more new (Hannah) scenes
  • Several more weight stages + outfits
  • Peeks at new characters!
  • I think I fixed the bugs from the WIP build?

I’ll post a link here once I have the builds ready, and provided there aren’t any new bugs I’ve missed I’ll update the OP and Itch page!

I need to go to bed, but I should be back soon with a nice gift for everyone :grin:!

40 Likes

Luckily I got my cryochamber to open on the correct date so I’m ready

1 Like