Forks: A Weight Gain Visual Novel (Cancelled, all assets posted for everyone)

Well I didn’t expect this. Like a few other people here, I made this account because of Forks. It’s sad to see it go but at least I got to see a taste of it. Even more so with the portraits. Here’s to hoping you have some smooth sailing from now on team spoon.

(Image may be an exaggeration of my actual emotions.)

13 Likes

I wanna piggyback on this:

…if you did this, would you consent to any of us finishing Forks ourselves? Or would you be alright with someone trying to recreate it even if you don’t want to share the files? Forks had so much potential and if we can even attempt to pick up the pieces, its death wouldn’t be nearly as defeating.

1 Like

Fixed it again! I think I may’ve run into a bandwidth cap with OneDrive that I didn’t know existed, it might have to do with the filesize being so large. I’ve reuploaded it to MEGA where there should be plenty of bandwidth.

@Shugoki @burntmagic Anyone’s welcome to try and finish or recreate Forks, all I ask is for a credit to Team Spoon somewhere :smiling_face:

Also, thank you everyone for your well wishes! As a natural pleaser there’s a piece of me that hates disappointing anyone and wants to toss everything I said earlier and just get back to it… but I’ve burned myself there before :sweat_smile: If time passes and I do end up having a change of heart (as obviously it’s been an eventful week), I’ll let you know once it’s a 100% bona fide complete game so you can just play it.

But just in case, don’t count on it :shushing_face:

17 Likes

tfw you’ll never read more scenes with morgan and alex

it’s a shame it had to end like this, but i just have to say you and toro are so based for giving morgan 9 weight stages

12 Likes

Is there any more in the script past the last update? Opening the game in renpy 8 is very buggy. Can’t look at weight progress or notes on others.

2 Likes

Forks was made in RenPy 7.3.5, and everything should work there. You could probably convert it to run in 8.0+, or otherwise remove things like the weight graph. E had a tough time making that work, and I’m not surprised it broke in later versions.

@neonjellyin Hi, and welcome! Thanks for making this your first post, sorry it couldn’t be under better circumstances :sweat_smile:. Both Toro and I loved Morgan, and we had a lot planned for her as you might be able to glean from her other outfits.

7 Likes

To be honest I was kinda shocked to see how many stages she had. I’m not complaining, just shocked. But with what I’m hearing it all kinda makes sense.

2 Likes

It’s really sad to see this project coming to a end but it has been a huge inspiration on my game and ideas for it I love everything that both you and the rest of team spoon have worked on. But I hope everyone enjoyed their time working on forks but all good things must come to end I’m glad to see this project project might get a revival some day and if not I might try and work on it when I finish my game but thank you again for what you and the rest of the team worked for!

5 Likes

This really sucks to hear. Game has so much potential and has been a fun journey to see the different versions. It’s quite understanding to see why development has stopped. I wish you the best when it comes to anything else you plan on doing in the future. Makes sense seeing Toro quit as I stopped seeing any art on his pixiv page a while back and I wondered what happened. For any art I always thought it would be cool to see someone go the gacha game route where tons of different artists make art for the game, so each character is done by someone different. Not sure how this would be done when it comes to pay but it would be cool to see a game done in that way

1 Like

Well damn

Was wondering what happened to Toro, and how this project was going… well damn

Out of curiosity, what did you have planned for the routes/rest of the story in general?

Also, how would Hannah have been convinced to get fat?

Or have these points been previously covered and I’m just blind?

1 Like

As sad as it may be I’m glad you and Toro are moving to greener pastures in your lives! This was definitely a trip for the books and I loved your writing man definitely gonna miss it. I hope we get to see you again sooner than later lol. Also congrats on the second kid! I know that dad life is gonna be rough for a while​:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Damn… Hopefully someone will finish what Team Spoon started, because there’s so many stuff already finished, hell if you’re gonna still around you might check the progress and lead the way so you can finish the game the way you or Team Spoon wanted to be.

ren’py is a terrible place to write scripts, so I assume you were writing them in another text file format and then once you were happy with them having someone (possibly you) code them into the scripts.rpy file? If this is true, any chance you could share some rough draft files? Essentially, if you’re retired, might as well include 100% of what you have in the forks dev dump, just in case a talented writer wants to pick up the torch? There are 2or3 on earth I can think of that might be capable (although they likely prefer to work on their own creations.)

6 Likes

I don’t wanna add to the shoulda woulda coulda, but its clear to me all of this would have been avoided if you gave the writing job to someone else when toro had all the art done like what, 2 years ago?

5 Likes

Clear to you? Did toro make statements somewhere that said that the development of forks and Aria drove them into retirement? Because Toro left both projects because they are done with fetish art and focusing on real life shit as was stated by them. So much so that they are closing down or deactivating accounts. On top of the fact that they haven’t been posting stuff (or much of it) for awhile.

You could easily make a claim that the projects were mismanaged and unworked on for sometimes large periods of time atleast by some members. And that a separation of roles, bringing in a project manager or bringing in more people could of changed things (not that it largely matters with things done).

But to claim that all this could of been avoided by x,y,z kind of statements just shows a lack of understanding or acknowledgment that devs, artists and the like, are human, in my opinion. Life can and will get in the way of anything. Do you have something from toro that backs up your claim? Or is this just venting your frustrations?

14 Likes

i’m really sad to see the team go. this was a really good VN and i hope the team does well in their lives. i would like to work on the game myself so the game can be finished in some form. would you mind me asking about the plans for the characters so i could start working on finishing their routes?

Tron said this in the above post.

3 Likes

i saw that earlier. i was mostly wondering if there were any more details. i noticed that both rea and alex got uniforms that seemed to be for morgan’s shop and was wondering if they had planned that out yet.

Aw man :confused: this is such a bummer to see. Thanks to you and Toro for all the work on this shame it couldn’t get finished though.