Forks: A Weight Gain Visual Novel (Cancelled, all assets posted for everyone)

One question I guess I’ve always had since the first demo, are there scenes that are planned (either written or thought about) that have not made their way into any of the demos? I would assume there are, but it always felt like somethings are missing but still referenced by characters in the demos.

I guess I would be referencing if we have a complete timeline of events as the demo progresses. There are some “time skips” as I would refer to them that have always been a bit jarring to me. I would say as the demos have rolled out that happens less and less for me. (Normally it was the speed of weight gain mixed with the inclusion of details of events that had not happen before the player. With the most recent demo the weight feels like it follows the story and Alex pretty well and she is committed but flip floppy to cake time. I think the current pace within the demo reflects that well compared to how I remember the others being at least from the “progress” numbers).

As to my question of are there scenes that are referenced but not implemented into the demo yet? One example would be the first Morgan and Alex cg. Prior to the scene where Morgan hands Alex a red velvet cupcake to try I don’t think it’s mentioned that Alex has been taste testing anything prior. But in the scene Morgan indicates that it’s been really helpful having Alex as a taste tester. The way this is worded to me would imply times that Alex has done just such a thing.

Since I would assume there is Morgan content missing that this might be something that is covered or mentioned somewhere and not left to the player to fill in the gaps. I know that the game takes place over a number of years and that every single detail being shown in game would be a lot. So, I would think there are times characters will reference things that happen that are not seen. As I know this is sometimes used to make the world feel as the characters do things outside of being observed by the player or person reading the story. So, are there gaps like this that will get filled in with the full version of the game? Or are “events” that are left out within the girls’ routes that the player is expected to understand have happen outside of what is shown on screen.

Dont tell me that toro is redoing all of arias art again, is he?

I really love this game and I am so happy a new update is finally here!! After some testing I even got it to play on Android instead of PC. Everything works fine just the progress app on the phone won’t work while playing it on Android.

Are those 3 new scenes at the end of the story? Or mingled in the middle? And if they are mingled in the middle, do you recall which 3 are new?

edit: Sidenote, uh, so, I started a new game, and I can’t skip through any previously seen text? so either the introduction was entirely rewritten between the WIP and today’s release, or the persistent file isn’t working for me (anyone else notice this?)

edit2: Yeah, the introduction has been like totally rewritten since march, I like it better this way.

edit3: I think the persistent file be broken in addition to all the minor rewrites :smiley: because I’ve gotten to some things that look unedited and they won’t skip, oh well, it’s a great read even if I’m rereading a lot now (worth it for new edits.)

edit4: I’m fairly sure no one from ohio would say that colorado is south of ohio. Maybe make it cleveland? (a snowier city within ohio.) Colorado is a snowy mountain and ohio is a flat plain that gets less snow (outside of the lake effect.)

1 Like

How to open this data ? I would like to see them

A drag and drop tool that extracts RPA files: RPA Extract by iwanPlays

When i opened the RPA files it didnt have any of the newer images, im on ForksTeaser016-016-pc is this the right build?

between the wip this winter and yesterday’s release there are 24 new images in the images folder (not counting the gui folder)

Thanks for the help ! Could see some nice stuff but not the stages ! They are hidden well !

I’m seeing the following error in the new version, which seems like it might be related to my version of RenPy?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 2106, in script
    a "{i}Did last night really happen? I spill to my best friend {i}again{/i} and agree to an all or nothing Caketime?{/i}"
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1031, in sayfunc
    result = w(what, interact=interact, *args, **kwargs)
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 3713, in render
    self.font = font.Font(fontfile.name, self.label_size)
NotImplementedError: Could not import pygame_sdl2.font: No module named 'pygame_sdl2.font'

Thank you for the detailed guide too, may I reference it in the OP?

@Tron You are so welcome! Of course you can, I’m flattered you find it useful!

Are those 3 new scenes at the end of the story?

@namad Yup!

1 Like

Awesome! Always nice to see more updates for this project!

1 Like

It might have been a while, but honestly who cares? I completely forgot how fun this little visual novel is and it seems to have drastically improved since the last update.

Honestly, I’d put it up near Some Bullshit in terms of being one of the best long-running games on this site (E.T.D. doesn’t count), you’re remarkably good to make it this appealing, considering the Visual Novel aspect. Fun little setting, enjoyable characters and good artwork I’m pretty sure has improved all help quite a lot. Great work, mate, sincerely.

Addendum; You’ve, uh… really been laying on the lesbian theme pretty thick after the break chapter, huh? Up until then, it was only hinted at, but now it kind of refuses to let up, with ‘we were dating’ ‘I am gay’ both being the forefront of several conversations and Rea suddenly outright proposing full-on group nudity (unless that’s just her being her, but I swear she wasn’t this much of a bitch before the end of the break chapter). Am I condemning this for such a thing? Not necessarily, but it’s rather jarring considering all that happened previously was Alex’s stated fondness for chubby girls (yeah, it was obvious from conversations and her observations, but never awkwardly forced into dialogue, she sounds like an angsty teenager when ranting at and about her family) and Rea being a cheeky little gremlin.

Character-wise;
Alex is a cute girl, but her talks with her mother and attitude regarding her father come off as a selfish kid who doesn’t understand that her family really is concerned for her (which admittedly might be the point)
Hannah’s an earnest, overbearing, well-meaning, ADORABLE young lady.
Morgan’s a cute little sweetheart.
Grace is a complete oddball and that makes her all the more lovable.
Rea is a selfish bitch with a cute design. Doesn’t change the fact that she’s an insufferable cunt who deserves to be thrown off a skyscraper without a parachute.

3 Likes

When on Rea’s route there is broken dialogue during the phone call with Andrew about going to the summer house.

While on Hannah’s route, while talking to Rea about her weight the last time it’s listed as KG in the dialogue but in Lbs in the phone (using metric option)

I’ve downloaded the latest version of the game and extracted the archive.rpa, but I can’t seem to find Rea at size 4. The folders only go up to size 3. Where’s Rea at size 4 hidden?

Tron strikes again! I just downloaded the copy of Forks from itch and it’s not the same zipfile. Just to check I re-extracted its RPA and found images/portrait/Morgan/3 and images/portrait/Rea/4 missing, when they were in the original upload.

I guess if you snooze you lose :person_shrugging:

1 Like

I don’t know how yall did it but you made the best written weight gain story even better. Good work Forks Team, yall are incredibly talented!

2 Likes

Is there a way to fast forward or skip? It’s a pretty long game, and if the beginning hasn’t changed I’d like to be able to skip going through some of the earlier content again.

Yes, easily? just press tab or hold ctrl, by default this skips only scenes you’ve read in the current format, but if you don’t want to watch minor edits, you can go to the options menu and set the checkmark to skip unseen text. Then fly at warp speed through everything and anything, until you reach the content you want to stop fast forward and read and let go of ctrl or tap tab again.

This is a default ren’py feature.

2 Likes

In the options.

2 Likes