Free Project Files - Comfy Companion Expansion Cancelled

Sad news turned to happy news! I have cancelled creating extra content for comfy companion, but all the files are being released for free for your own projects (art/backgrounds/etc)

I made a post on my website that explains more:

https://cakecatboy.art/1873/

I really just want to say I’m so grateful once again to everyone for the kind words and for being so supportive, and I hope you can put these to good use somewhere!

24 Likes

I read what happend and i its understand you chooce i hope for you eventhink will be okay

2 Likes

couldn’t you have developed a team to handle parts of it with your lack of time? although that is useless now since the assets are out there

Maybe if you’d like to put up the money for it. Not a lot of teams out there willing to work for free.

2 Likes

the end result would be the same, volunteers would have to step up to complete the project, and acting like I have any say over free labour, seems a bit entitled.

Luckily this situation also fills another need in this community, the lack of free assets for people to use when they might not have artistic talent but want to have high quality graphics in their games. I’ll be working on creating more sprites in a later thread, free art assets for anyone to use that I can add to at any time.

2 Likes

It bothers me that it ended the way it did-though I understand, it was due to real-life issues. That said, I’ve had a narrative in my head recently for continuing the story (not a lot of photo ops in my storyline, but I’d be open to edits and additions/collaboration with others). In my existing narrative, it gets to a point where you actually check back with Idiotfriend (the person you adopted your cat from) and they offer you the other cat-and in turn, you convince them (it doesn’t take much) to let you take in the other one. They happily let go of him/her, and the cat you receive, while happy to be away from Idiotfriend, freaks out at what you’ve done to their sibling, seemingly against their will. You just barely manage to convince them (a joint effort) to stick around-just for the night, at least-and it goes a little bit further from there. I left out some of the details-it would fill a couple of pages, if written down-but my art skills are lacking. If anyone’s open to hearing what I’ve got percolating within my grey matter, I’d be beyond happy to share!