Fur Food Contest!

Hey, first I just wanna say thanks for making and developing the game! I really appreciate the work you put into your games so I’ve decited to give a bit of feedback and a few suggestions for this one.

You keep adding different characters, foods and various mechanics to make the game more interesting which is great. My compliments to the artists who drew the white wolf and the dragon - both are by far my favourite characters in the game. Also, splitting contests and vs mode was a good idea.

However, I must complain a bit. I feel like the game (especially solo mode) is more frustrating than I remembered (I last played it when all characters were unlocked by default and there were about half of them). I’ve got to say it’s really difficult to reach a score of 350+ in solo play, even with some skills unlocked, and I tried a variety of food combinations for different characters plus I always move blocks while combos are happening. When it comes to skills - the exp requirements are way too steep and it takes serious grind to unlock anything above the 5p ones. As a person who greatly dislikes grind, this grinds my gears. The game feels way too difficult, too, with full and temperature effects staggering you way too often with only 3 mins on the timer. All this creates a sense of frustration as you feel like the game’s working against you and have to rely mostly on luck, as there’s very little you can do about it.
Sorry for complaining but I just had to mention this (I hope for no “git gut” comments).

For suggestions - I think a small skills revamp would do the game good (they don’t feel that impactful for the grind they require), as well as lowering the difficulty overall (or at least making this an option, like with the ai. It could be something as simple as adding extra time for solo mode). Someone suggested boss battles which would be super interesting. Also for those who are into only one gender it’d be nice to have an only male/female trigger in options. Being able to reset skills would be nice too.

Also I want to mention two bugs I’ve noticed - first I believe the fairy blocks the board for a while when she appears which is maddening when you drop blocks because of her (also she ruins combos way too often, which made me abandon the character I got the skill for). Second - I picked waffles in one vs cpu game and when I triggered its superfood effect, the ai popped a donut superfood effect which turned one of the affected blocks into a donut. I couldn’t remove it because I had no donuts and no superfood appeared for me the entire game (it happened when I was below 100 points so I lost).
Sorry for the long post and complaining so much. Good luck with the game :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks so much, all you said on your comment really helps to improve the game for future updates!

1 Like

It’s official, the newest update is nutty. This is my current high score and it took so long to grind the skills to get here.

I’m sure with some of the other skills she can pick up, that I could get an even higher score but it’s crazy. I think she only actually filled up once during that run…

2 Likes

Yea, Moony is nuts with all the skills she has at her disposal. If one is able to activate all of her skills, and with the right set up, she can break 10k points with proper play. Overfeed is like, the most broken skill when paired with infinite combo, and adding in Weight Gain Pill is just the cherry on top. The only others who can come close are Scott and Luck, due to them both having access to good skill combos that pair well with Overfeed.

2 Likes

That’s cool.

BTW, I was wondering if I could submit a character for the next update. I’m working on graphics for my character Toasty the Mopua (combination of Mo-o’ and Pua-a’, Hawaiian terms for Dragon and Pig), and I got over half of the graphics done for him, but I want to show you first

(It won’t let me upload a gif of my progress OR all the frames, so I will show a few.)

As well as a sketch for frame seven

I know I’m not the best artist, but this was good practice for Fire Alpaca, and I hope it looks good enough. I know I need to make a few edits, though.

Also, I was thinking that this might be a cool idea for aub unlock goal for him. He’s a preschool teacher who uses magic to teach kids about things, including their ABCs. What if you needed to score big points with him using ingredients startung with the letters A through E. All you’d need is an item starting with A.

3 Likes

It’s an amazing character, with some edits and of course all the sprites done, I could add him to the roster. Could you send me a message via discord or telegram?

2 Likes

I’m not sure how to unlock the foreign character. I’ve tried “comfort foods” (ice cream, hot chocolate, etc) and I’ve tried foreign foods (tacos, curry, sushi, etc) and neither of those worked. Is there a specific character I need to use or some combination of food I’m missing here?

1 Like

There is a “new” update of this game, the mechanics changed, go check it out in its ich.io page!

4 Likes

This one’s more of a clicker than a match three, so which style you prefer comes down to preference. I’m surprised that you didn’t reuse sound effects, though.

1 Like

New update, getting back to the usual game mode

4 Likes

dang, clicker games sounds interesting, wish i hadn’t missed that

1 Like

This game has been just updated!

3 Likes

I have no idea how to unlock the dragon boi what is the ultimate cold challenge???

A new huge udpdate of this game has been pulic released! Go check the changelog and download it here!

6 Likes

Managed to unlock the blue bunny just now, but I have to ask… was I supposed to WIN a speed-eating round with super foods turned off or merely attend a speed-eating match without super foods? Because I ended up fighting the blue bunny despite losing.

1 Like

maybe it’s a bug… I will check

1 Like

Liking the update so far. New characters look great, and the tour mode adds a bit of customization/replayability that feels good for longer term playing goals.

I did encounter a bug with one of the new character unlocks tho. While playing against Zerda to unlock him, he just stopped gaining weight at about 198ish. I remember seeing it, stopping, and even after waiting 30-45 seconds, his weight still hadnt increased at all.

3 Likes

I’m liking the tour update! It’s fun to see how fast and how high I can get with the tour skills.

I am finding that in some matches, the opponent does not gain during the VS portion.

4 Likes

Wait? Tour mode? What tour mode? I don’t habe it in the game I downloaded.

1 Like

Did you downloaded version 1.5? check it out again :3

1 Like