Fur Food Contest!

Fur Food Contest by Ziul Walls (itch.io)

This is a small side-project that we’ve been working on.
A cute puzzle game with the objective of stuffing yourself as much as possible! You’d find some familiar mechanics if you have played our other game Match’Fur, but this is not going to be a spinoff of that but rather it’s own game with unique mechanics and a few familiar characters.

Here’s our main discord, for everything related to Soft Fantasies and Fur Food Contest:

20 Likes

This is really fun! All it needs is a scoreboard and some girls to feed

2 Likes

I would personally like to see a gamemode with unlimited time tbh. Would be a cool way to see all of the art :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

We’ll be adding one on the next update and perhaps more in the future.

6 Likes

Art is good and game runs very way but this game needs a menu for volume and for going to the main screen but still I love this game.

2 Likes

Its good! One thing i recommend is some way to change the timer. Not much can be done during it or i may just be bad at the game lol. Adding an infinite mode would be nice, and possibly maybe some way of adding time onto the timer? like when you combo with their favorite food

3 Likes

this seems like the kinda game that would benefit from being able to mod, to add in characters and whatnot

4 Likes

There’s a great foundation here. If I may make a suggestion, I’d like to see a casual mode or setting that removes the timer, letting me feed and fatten at my own pace.

4 Likes

Just uploaded a new build with a “VS” mode that doesnt have any timer ~

3 Likes

This might be a bit of an unpopular opinion, but I don’t think all of the characters’ weight stages should be visible until the player encounters them in game at least once.

3 Likes

I have thought that too

2 Likes

I love the new update. I tried out the first version and really liked the flow and visuals, but I’m not a big fan of men. I still really liked the game, but this new update is just the cherry on top. So much so that I figured I’d leave a nice note. I definitely am going to take another look at soft fantasies to see if it’s something I would enjoy nonetheless. Keep up the good work, you’re art style is nice and soft while having a nice style of your own, and I like the new female character and hope some more may be added but only if that’s what you want. Thanks for a great play!!

3 Likes

what is the menu music? it’s amazing

1 Like

When I try to download the gameWhen I try to download the game, it asks me for a donation. That is not a problem for me, but it is asking me to pay with paypal. Is it possible if I could donate with a card?

1 Like

Itch.io just has a generic “name your price option” you don’t have to donate or pay anything if you do not want to as the download is free. If you are looking to support the dev they can’t really accommodate you on itch’s site. However, they have a patreon linked on the itch.io game page. You should be able to pay with a card there if you are looking to support them.

2 Likes

I decided to subscribe on Patreon.

Anyway, about the game. These kind of games are hard to balance, especially in Versus mode. They often end up being luck-based rather than skill based. Unfortunately, this game does end up suffering that. In versus mode, when you or the opponent makes a match, the food will rain down in a random way that could potentially lead to someone pulling a HUGE combo out of their butts, and more often than not, that is out of luck, not skill.

Also, I’m not entirely sure about the rules. A tutorial would be nice. Also, some settings for versus mode, set how long the game lasts, weight limit, score limit, time limit, that sort of thing. I just match what my character’s favorite foods are and go from there, yet it doesn’t seem like feeding them their least favorite is any different. Also, Versus Mode just ends at a certain ammount of time. Not sure what determiines it, but when someone is declared the winner, you hear the victory jingle from… Starlit Adventure!? I mean, I admit I like Starlit Adventure. It’s a cute game, but I wasn’t expecting this to have the victory jingle from Starlit Adventure of all games.

Also, one glitch I noticed is that when the opponent is full, it’s their turn and the board needs to be reshuffled, the game soft-locks.

1 Like

In versus mode, the match ends once either character reaches 700 weight.

1 Like

The latest update with a player versus player mode just dropped on Patreon! (VPN required, I recommend Radmin)
Ian joined the party!
It will be available for free in a little over a week.

2 Likes

Cool.

BTW, could you clear something up? I made a vid on Youtube about this game where I brought up the Victory Jingle from Starlit Adventure in the vid, and a commenter said he heard it in RPG Maker. He’s yet to respond with which RPG Maker, but I was hoping to ask about it.

1 Like

It’s because the most of the songs I put on this were from a free of copyright songs on itch.io and other pages. I just haven’t had the time to add the “credits screen” to this game, but I will surely do it and will add from where I took the audios.

2 Likes