Iiiit occurs to me that I may need to go into more detail. Just maybe though. So here’s some worldbuilding focusing on the main fetishes of the game.
The Fetishes/Anthro types:
First of all, we have the main fetishes. Muscle gain, weight gain, vore, preg, and macro for special events/cutscenes/bosses. These actually work together in a sort of ecosystem, as I may have lightly touched on in the ‘sales pitch’.
To start off, the preg is pretty much the reason why the predators are allowed high enough numbers to have some of them be common enemy types. When you can get immobilized/building sized by your second trimester, and assuming you can either keep those kids alive or ensure they’re adopted into homes, then it’s pretty much guaranteed that the population numbers would explode each time one of the mega-pregs give birth. And they’re common enough that all anthros can trace their ancestry to one Pregger or another - often within 2-4 generations at the furthest.
Then there’s the anthros/furs who are prone to weight gain. This also leads into some interesting facts about this particular take on them, such as the idea that they get more durable the larger an anthro gets. It’s far more cost efficient to have a soldier, cop, or gang member bulk up than it is to develop armors capable of doing the job for them (And still fit by the end of the week.) It’s why, even when they start getting ‘too large’ and bursting out of buildings they don’t get injured.
Eventually, durability gets to be so ridiculous, that the only thing that could harm a large enough anthro would be Vore. And these preds are not all made equal. A bit of their weird pseudo-genetics makes it so that stomach capacity and the ability to open your mouth large enough to eat something larger than a fast food burger are two entirely different traits.
Fatties are almost exclusively the former, while preds just need enough stomach capacity to keep themselves from bursting if they eat someone to qualify. Some preds only can eat one anthro a go, and take quite a while to digest them too. Others can regularly go out on eating sprees, clearing out frat parties and waiting for their weight to go down to manageable levels before moving onto the next.
Assuming that preds even need to. Muscle Gain is also a fetish, and that is also a third trait that is highly variable in the populace. It’s also the most common limiter of both fatties and preds - eventually, the muscles they have/can put on simply cannot keep up with their bodies and they get immobilized, meaning that they are forcibly stopped from eating unless they have outside help or pre-set up machinery to keep feeding them. And then, of course, there’s some of these muscle fanatics objecting to the idea of being someone else’s protein supplement and using their gains to fight off preds who aren’t in the same muscle class as them.
How much muscle an anthro can put on also sort of acts as an upper limiter to their own genetics, since usually an anthro’s capacity for fat, people, or pregnancy is limited by how readily they can move around or endure the experience. All in all, it’s all unusually well designed and balanced, but that’s a detail that I’ll get into later.
For now, there’s Macro sized anthros. This is usually not a thing that happens on its own, but rather is a byproduct of an anthro’s size increasing habits. That’s not to say that macros don’t exist simply because they don’t stop growing or grew that large without growing in other ways, but they generally are still the talk of whatever town or city they show up in, and there’s only a handful of cities built with Macros in mind from the outset.
However, if stomach capacity and muscle capacity are large enough, then things get interesting. Even the most greedy and gluttonous of anthros generally don’t go on unstoppable eating sprees on a whim. And even when they do, they don’t generally destroy cities. That is, assuming they’re capable in the first place. There needs to be a trigger for it, and it seems to invisibly come towards the end of what is known as a ‘city’s life cycle’ in this world.
And those DO end by those capable of, generally, destroying the city during their uninhibited gaining sprees.
But as I said, not all anthros are capable of growing so out of control that cities buckle under their guts. There’s a ‘tier system’ that represents an anthro’s upper limits. Some high science facilities can tell this from genetics alone, but most of the time it’s judged from particularly impressive feats of gluttony, workouts, or pregnancies. Some of the tiers are the following:
- Chubster (Smallest qualifying tier. Between a ‘normal’ weight and 300 pounds.)
- Fatty (Normal range. Usually 300-600 pounds)
- Mega-fatties (Not uncommon. 600+ pounds. Can still hypothetically move through a house or building.)
- House fatties (Get more common towards the latter half of a city’s life cycle, so long as it’s not a ‘Gourmet Capital’, where they’ll turn up sooner. Have likely burst out of their house or simply ate themselves to be as large as one.)
- Giga Fatties (Skyscraper size. Sometimes mistaken for city busters, but are not quite the same. Still can end a city if they’re capable of mobility at this point, though if they’re the cause then it’s likely the populace will have high survival rates.)
- City Buster (Largest known tier. They grow so large and rapidly during the end of a City that they crush and destroy all of its buildings from their expansion. Survival rates are low. Very rare, thankfully, due to them looking like appetizing targets for greedy predators.)
- Omega Fatty (Hypothetical. Can grow fat enough to cover the world in their fat or else become planetary in size. Apocalypse event.)
Preg + Muscle Tiers:
Pregs often share similar tier names to fatties, as do muscle gainers. This is mostly because Tier names are a cultural phenomenon and not a scientific or governing creation. Preds have different tier names due to Pred Culture being radically different in mindset and intent than the more passive ‘prey cultures’.
The main difference is the first two tiers, which are the basis for the rest of the tier names.
For pregs, the first two tiers are ‘Pleter’ and ‘Pregger’, referring to how consistently having sextuplets or more is the minimum qualifier, while having about 10 or more kids in one go is usually the point where you’re considered a full on ‘Pregger’. Muscle tiers are ‘Ripped’ and ‘Bulker’, where simply having thick, visibly defined muscles is the first tier and the second tier requires body sizes reminiscent of Ronnie Coleman, give or take.
Predators are less likely to target these two tiers for entirely different reasons. Pregs are usually spared by predators due to ‘Pred Culture’, wherein one of the few links that preds have to empathy kicks in when it comes to harming especially young or unborn children. Sometimes for genuine empathy - preds can have prey friendships or relationships when put into social groups or situations and as such can empathize and care for people they personally know despite their general attitude of ‘walking food’ towards everyone else - sometimes for more… unsettling reasons.
Muscle furs are generally not targeted because they can fight back hard, and are left for other, stronger, larger preds to deal with. If a possible Muscle anthro starts getting too large though, then predator gangs might group up and call truces to ensure that one of their guys eats them and prevents everyone from meeting their end to a workout junkie.
- Weak Pred (Can comfortably eat only one victim, and usually on the small side at that. Usually fills them up for multiple days. Surprisingly uncommon. Often mistaken or treated as prey. Might be why they’re uncommon, actually.)
- Basic Pred (Can eat several prey in one go, or a large one. Most common tier.)
- Party Clearer (Can depopulate a frat party in a single rampage. You’re not considered popular in Pred circles unless you can do this. Higher tier preds do this as a recreational activity. Preds of this tier and lower generally don’t eat other preds unless they are forced to or do so in self defense - a major part of ‘pred culture’ is this unspoken rule.)
- House Hunter (Large enough in size or capacity to be mistaken for a house. First sign that a City has hit the latter half of their life cycle is when one of these is discovered. Dedicated studies find that they can appear as early as at the end of the first quarter though, unless a nearby City has ended with a high number of survivors - in which case they can appear even earlier. Often will disguise the inside of their mouths as homes/entranceways to trick prey into entering their mouths as part of an ambush tactic. Can eat other preds, but usually by accident/indifference.)
- Pre-Kaiju (Small Skyscraper size. The most common reason for a city to be destroyed outside of the next class. Will often eat the buildings and vehicles to get to the prey. First tier to actively be known for hunting other predators, but only once they start reaching their max size.)
- Kaiju Class (Minimum height is Tall Skyscraper size and can reach sizes big enough to destroy the city through sheer builk. Often doesn’t come to that because they’ll eat the city first. Often disposed of by government officials by having a lesser predator eat them when they finally fall asleep. Due to the lesser predators having less capacity, if this is done before the Kaiju predator can shrink, then often the end result is that the lesser predator will explode like an atom bomb during the digestion process. Scientists still believe that this is an important clue, since all research suggests that this should be causing micro-black holes instead.)
- Apocalypse (Hypothetical. No known upper limits, and will likely devour the world.)
And then there’s the Super Hypothetical tier of tiers and the ‘Normal’ tier.
A tier that stands alone, this is the hypothetical end result of if an anthro reaches omega/apocalypse class in three or all of these categories. Considered the pinnacle of Anthro capability, and would likely be considered to have god-like power. Governments research ways to root out potential apexes, as if they breed, then even if they don’t hit apocalypse levels they could introduce greater likelihood of Apexes being created simply by their seed being inserted into the gene pool. Private research groups sometimes advance genetic studies with this in mind, though the government and more secretive organizations with an interest in Anthro-kind’s survival stomp on this as much as possible.
A tier that is surprisingly uncommon not in appearance but in practice. Most furs can and do look like this, but often have the capabilities for, at minimum, the lesser tiers like chubster or weak pred even if they never put them into practice. But there are those who just are incapable, for one reason or another, of making any sort of gains. They are a source of envy for those who wish to ‘lie low’ or ‘blend in’ and a source of pity for those that view the larger sizes as ‘superior’.
Other fetishes do exist, but often they are a part of a path that many people consider to be… unnatural.
Or the result of science gone extremely wrong/horny. That happens too.
General Thoughts on this Idea as a Potential Project:
I might do more worldbuilding dumps eventually. But in case you couldn’t tell, this was inspired a bit by me looking at some of these ‘gets so fat/eats so many people/gains so much muscle’ stories/pic sequences and the prevalence of these tropes and noticing how they just sort of fit together into an interesting, if grim and fatalistic picture. In fact, a lot of the lore I have figured out is either the foundation for or geared towards or resultant from the stuff it would take to make this system of grow large, breed lots, get eaten… well, work and function as a society like ours on the surface of things.
The reason it’d be an RPG is mostly because that’d be the kind of gameplay I’d likely be able to pull off and would mesh well with such a world and character driven narrative. Hypothetically other gameplay styles, such as streets of rage styled beat-em-ups or Yakuza styled gameplay, could work, but then the effort, time, and resources begin to grow exponentially out of control and out of budget. RPGs feel like a low cost, reasonable effort means for making a game like this exist in a reasonable time span. Even if I’d be looking at making a custom RPG engine just so I don’t have to fight something like RPGMaker when creating special conditionals for moves or controlling how buffs/debuffs get applied.
Any influence from Super Fatty RPG is likely solely to be for inspiring me to realize that fetish games can have a sort of art to them (aside from the fetish art). The game’s grim atmosphere and pervasive themes of sin, predation, and how desire can make us into S U C K E R S added up to something macbre and sinister underneath the prevailing air of irreverence - or perhaps enhanced by it. I can’t exactly do irreverence though, hence why I probably won’t be taking too many cues from Super Fatty RPG since it’s on the whole/surface a very silly and irreverent game that happens to have artistic merit baked into it.
I would plan on inserting as much humor as I’m capable of though. Laughter is a part of life, and serious stuff can sometimes be made more potent or tolerable by the occasional laugh.