Gain Factory Reloaded, weight gain factory builder!

Oh I see, interesting! Yeah, I personally think an in-depth game guide with tips and advice on logic (maybe some more blueprint examples) would be extremely helpful! Also, what does the != relation mean for the Inspector Panel?

2 Likes

!= means not equal. Usually in math they write it as = with a slash through but in programming they write it as !=.

2 Likes

I have a question now teacher? How do you auto feed a queen bee? I have tried the feeders, funneling into them, and even using a hovering hand, but none of them will feed the queen bees. Is this intentional maybe or is it possibly a bug. I wanna see the big bee get bigger

It is supposed to be possible with the feeder but I have messed up the code so thatā€™s why it doesnā€™t work. Iā€™ll fix it.

3 Likes

Having fun with the new update.

I found a few bugs so far:

First is a crash when accidently feeding the goddess a hexagon mould. It was the first Item ever that I fed her this playthrough if that matters.

############################################################################################
ERROR in
action number 1
of Alarm Event for alarm 0
for object obj_goddess_basic:

array_get :: Index [0] out of range [0]
at gml_Object_obj_goddess_basic_Alarm_0
############################################################################################
gml_Object_obj_goddess_basic_Alarm_0 (line -1)

I also had a crash with the Inspector panel.
I was trying to target a cowgirl and I got a null when changing the comparison
I donā€™t have the crash log for that one but I can probably get it if you need it.

Last thing I found is I canā€™t make a heavy cog in the assembler ā€¦ and I am reading the encyclopedia as I write this and realized my mistake lol.

2 Likes

Thank you for the bug reports. v2.1 is now out, and the bugs should be fixed.

New Bugs - I am still on reloaded version 2 but I will test it again once I download v2.1

I can not dismount the rockets with space right click.

I also found that when placing a conveyor and holding space conveyors sometimes do not snap to filter funnles properly

Iā€™m holding space in this image to snap the placement.

I also just want to mention that this is one of my favorite games on here and I am really enjoying all the new content

2 Likes

Hey real quick question, is there a way to increment the temperature on the inspector panel by 1? Iā€™m trying to make Pumpkin Spice Milkshakes and it keeps going from 0 to -1 rapidly.

Iā€™m not too sure if this will make any difference either way.

You can make it flicker between 0 and one by setting the panel to be active when the temperature is greater than 0 rather than greater equal to 0. Then it will always be within the range of the milkshake.

Shiiit I didnā€™t think about that, thanks.

Also two tiny bugs I noticed.

1. The splitter funnelā€™s little tooltip when placing is mismatched (splits loosely shows for the splits strictly one and vice versa).

2. The missile soloā€™s description is not capitalized.

Thatā€™s all I noticed, thanks.

1 Like

Thank you! I forgot to reply, but the belt placing issue is fixed in 2.3. The rocket dismounting works but you canā€™t dismount too far away from the rocket. If I remember correctly, the radius is 64px.

Thank you, I will fix these issues in the next patch.

Oh, Interesting. I think I was trying to shift right click on the rocket while on the rocket to get off. I can confirm I am able to dismount when clicking away from the rocket.

and just to be clear, this was on a rocket in a missile silo. It looks like it works as intended

I found 2 more issues:

Both with the long distance funnel.

1. The hitbox for the log distance funnel when going up is incorrect.
    if you place a long distance funnel in the upward orientation itā€™s hitbox is half as long as the sprite.
    it appears to function normally but you can walk through the bottom half and to remove it you have to space click the area with a hitbox.

1. The sprite for the long distance funnel in the downward position overlaps the player sprite.
Image of error here. hidden for max size spoilers

1 Like

I will fix that. I encountered this issue earlier in development and I thought I fixed it but it seems I forgot.

Hi Kitty!

Love the game, such a cool concept. I was just wondering if you could implement an ā€œeasy modeā€ of sorts. Like one where calories are multiplied, especially for the goddesses, or something like that. I ask because Iā€™m not good at this sort of game, so it took me several hours just to get the goddess to gain 1%. Iā€™ve also made a giant mess, my sandwich production system needs fixing every few minutes and running all the conveyor belts with things on them is burning up my computer lol. I know I could probably do better, but if youā€™d be willing to mitigate my suffering a bit Iā€™d appreciate it.

2 Likes

You can manually edit the savefile located in ā€œ%localappdata%/gain_factory_reloaded_/worldsā€ to change the total amount of nutrition that the goddess requires. Itā€™s in json format. You can find the ā€œnutrition_goalā€ variable inside the goddess object and change it to whatever you feel like. If you use control F, the first nutrition_goal should be the goddess nutrition goal (you can tell that itā€™s the goddess one because itā€™s the highest nutrition goal). I would recommend not making it too low, but you could make it a tenth or a twentieth of what it currently is.

Also, donā€™t use belts for long distance transportation, items on belts lag a lot.

1 Like

how do i find ā€œ%localappdata%/gain_factory_reloaded_/worldsā€

this game looks cool but I get this error any time I try to feed the goddess, what do i do?

1 Like

Paste it in the address bar in file explorer and hit enter.