Genuinely surprised nobody's posted this yet: I found a really fun inflation game called Bakery Bloatout

It’s basically a mix between Mario Bros. and Dig-Dug with a higher emphasis on combo-based combat. Peep the download link here: https://twitter.com/SquishySofty/status/1473317394701590534?s=20

14 Likes

That’s what I said to the creator after I played it. The person that made it said that the 1.5.2 version is truly the final version. They’ll be working on another, more different game based on a piece they made of a gamer girl being inflated to the point of near-bursting.

2 Likes

That’s not until the far future. I want to work on a different kink related game instead of re-using the inflation stuff again. :blush:

5 Likes

I tried it and it’s your typical stiff, clungy fare where you have to mash buttons to escape from something. It’s really only something you could enjoy if you are a fan of inflation.

Alternatively, you can hold the attack button to escape instead of using arrows to mash, but other than that, I do respect your input. :+1:t2:

im not a fan of inflation, but the gameplay dose stand on it’s own.

the movement is fast and fluid, and the melee combat is fun, yeah it’s clunky if you get knocked out and caught but it’s a punishment for getting hit too many times, use the movement to not get hit, and it’s not an easy game in the later levels which is good because games shouldn’t be easy they should be challenging.

If you can beat a game on your first playthrough without losing or learning something about the game that game isn’t worth playing.

If I my ask, what kind of games do you usually play?

Gotta be that guy and ask if there’s any way to cheat those special unlocks.

The game’s harder difficulties are more tedious than actually being “hard”, which means I’ve never had the drive to actually make much headway into trying to unlock them.
Main complaint I’ve got is that when there’s enough enemies on screen, you’re getting zerg rushed constantly and you’re never given much time to do anything, so the gameplay ends up boiling down to wiping everything as fast as you can and hopefully getting enough time to rush and inflate someone before someone dangerous frees themselves.

Look pal, I gave the game a solid shake, I played through all the tutorials and the whole game reeks of that kind of that kind of stiff, slippery afterthought that every inflation based platformer has. The attacks have inconsistent range and damage, the movement is slippery and you frequently slide of the edge of platforms and you have to mash buttons to escape from things. Any game that requires you to mash buttons to escape from something is a game that is not well designed on basic principle. I am more than able to try anything, regardless of content and this just doesn’t work. Also, your insinuation that I am some kind of casual has been noted.

I didn’t insinuate anything I just asked what games you played, which you didn’t answer and proceeded to complain about “being called a casual” some “casuals” have more reason to talk about platformers than hardcore FPS players do, thats why I asked what games you played, your background is important and you can hold the attack button to not have to mash.

The game in level design and movement mechanics are a love letter to the arcade Mario Bros. game, then it adds beat’em up combos. To me the game feels fine, and my background is I have played every Genre of game. The only ones I don’t like are Text adventure, Visual Novel, and MOBA.

In terms of slippery platformers the mario games are not on the tight control side of things, I personally like tight controls, but BBO doesn’t suffer from it’s slippery movement.

I am a rhythm game player (decent but not insane) so mashing isn’t an issue for me in fact I wish it was used more in games, because at least I have control over how long it takes vs the overused AAA hold and wait function, and it’s good to have both because some people can’t mash due to injury and BBO has a hold function in place of the mashing.

If you gonna say “Any game that requires you to mash buttons to escape from something is a game that is not well designed on basic principle” which is an opinion not a fact you should provide an alternate suggestion that could be used, also smash bros. uses mashing to get out of grabs and pitfalls and you cannot say that Smash is a flawed game, based on the fact it has a strong competitive and casual player base, if you don’t like mashing then you don’t like mashing and in that case don’t play games with mashing in them, and if you want to finish a game that has some mashing you only option is to mash.

you could also make a macro no one is stopping you from doing that, I cheat in some games to learn the game and play it fair a second time, sometimes that is needed other times I want to play a game completely blind.

If you don’t like a specific game then you don’t like that specific game, if you don’t like a specific artwork then you don’t like that specific art work, but if you made something and shared it then some rando came along and said the thing you made for yourself (because people make art for them self and share it with others [unless they get commissioned]) is objectively bad because it has something they don’t like how would you feel about that?

1 Like

Look friend, you are just going to have to move on. I am not turning this into a last-word competition.

any way to cheat those special unlocks

Those unlockables are optional, and you don’t really have to do it if you don’t have the time to 100% everything.

Main complaint I’ve got is that when there’s enough enemies on screen, you’re getting zerg rushed constantly

So basically Hard and Expert difficulty in an extent. Or Brutal Enemies on.
True, but you can use inflated enemies as a blockade to grant you more breathing space (Or using Super Groundpound if inflated).

so the gameplay ends up boiling down to wiping everything as fast as you can.

The timer isn’t an issue, so it’s not necessary to wipe everything as fast as you can. Also, most enemies would recover fast before you even go to the rest, so it’s advised to take out the most problematic than the least problematic.

if your unwilling to have a discussion (not a last word competition) in a form, then don’t say anything. I asked valid questions to have a dialogue, you ignored the questions, complained that the game has things you don’t like and then left without giving any real criticism of the game.

you frequently slide of the edge of platforms
stiff, slippery afterthought that every inflation based platformer has.

I… Really don’t understand the stiff part (First time hearing it), but the last one is subjective. The game is movement based, but I make sure that the slippery part doesn’t cause a problem throughout the rest of the mechanics. The only time you’ll get more slippery is the bigger you are, but that’s it.

You can adapt to your movement and avoid going far off the edge (Or just don’t use the run button near the ledge), but other than that, I’ve never heard anyone who played the game have argued that the character slides too much.

and you have to mash buttons to escape from things
Any game that requires you to mash buttons to escape from something is a game that is not well designed on basic principle.

Subjective (Once again, first time hearing it), but in the tutorial, it also mentions that you don’t have to mash the arrow keys to escape. You’ll just have to simply press the attack button otherwise to escape (And I make sure to make an alternative solution before anyone complains that the game is too button mash-y).

Well, I suppose it’s not everybody’s cup of tea, but Iunno what you’re going on about with the controls/attacks. I thought the movement was pretty lax in what it could let you do, and I’ve never had an issue where something should’ve connected but it didn’t. The hitboxes in this game are super forgiving tbh

ezgif.com-gif-maker

and you have to mash buttons to escape from things
Any game that requires you to mash buttons to escape from something is a game that is not well designed on basic principle.

Okay, so I suppose I should eleborate a bit on this.

Subjective (Once again, first time hearing it), but in the tutorial, it also mentions that you don’t have to mash the arrow keys to escape. You’ll just have to simply press the attack button otherwise to escape (And I make sure to make an alternative solution before anyone complains that the game is too button mash-y).

Consider that you put a system in place to invalidate another system, instead of replacing that system or removing it. I would have preferred something a bit more nuanced like some kind of timing based minigame or something where you have to repeat a series of prompts. However it seems to me that this is only in here to key into the “You are being inflated against your will and despite struggling you can’t escape” thing that some people have, which is why I suggested that it’s only enjoyable by inflation fetishists (even though that’s not necessarily true and I really shouldn’t be speaking on other peoples behalf like that). While I do believe some people should enjoy every aspect of this, I personally cannot.

I would have preferred something a bit more nuanced like some kind of timing based minigame

Good suggestion, but not in a fast-paced arcade game. Plus, even timing based mini-game also have its own set of issues, especially if you’re getting grabbed over and over, mini-game is extremely too easy (Plus, you get like 7 chances), or the mini-game itself is too long to escape with the said chances.

However it seems to me that this is only in here to key into the “You are being inflated against your will and despite struggling you can’t escape” thing that some people have.
While I do believe some people should enjoy every aspect of this, I personally cannot.

To be fair, the game did state that it’s an inflation game (+ mentioned in the disclaimer if you boot up the game with a fresh save file), and I agree that it’s not for everyone.
The only time you can’t escape is if your escape penalty is too high. Other than that, easier difficulties or having the least penalty are rather fair to escape enemies quickly.

1 Like

I’ve rather enjoyed this little game. I haven’t beaten it on Extreme difficulty yet, but I’ve come close a couple of times. The only thing I would have liked is if this was controller-compatible - it’d be a little easier for me to play due to some physical issues I have with keyboards these days.

There is a little bit of controller compatibility in the game, but since I don’t have an actual controller to test, I’m unsure if the input mapping for the controller is okay or not.

I love TOHOU Lost Word and I use my last word cards only when I am nearly defeated in the tower mode

I’ve tried it with controller and some user customizable mapping would be nice. Controls are a bit weird and its not the best layout on it. At least D-Pad movement is good however the ground pound is tedious to do with the button combo required, would benefit from a one button solution. Jump is on a strange button and same for everything else. Other than that once I got over it it played really well with a controller