Greeds end.

so uhh… what is this game about, exactly?

Nice game! I really enjoyed the writing.

spoiler I thought Kit-Kat's mix-up was a funny way to make it about gluttony.

Blake’s a cutie. Other than that nice custom assets!

As a side note, I couldn’t find the credits, in game or otherwise though maybe I just missed them :​p

9 Likes

sorry for the lack of desc, waxer is sleeping rn he was exhausted, we’ll fill it in soon

1 Like

they were ona folder, but we plan to add them in here
and glad you enjoyed it! thanks for the compliment

this was a really well planned RPGMaker game and clever uses of the wild cards to tell a short story

5 Likes

Wonderful little game. Writing, visuals, gameplay. All of it was great and came together for a package of all meat no fluff. Every part seemed to come together just perfectly. It feels almost impossible to talk about any aspect by themselves because they all work together to provide an excellent kink experience. The character writing and story arcs really serving to getting attached to everyone, changing as the characters weight increases especially is a wonderful small detail that makes weight gained all the more impactful from the gameplay. Which that in itself was just the right amount of length and difficulty to not distract from the kink. And all of it enhancing and lifting up wonderful art for all the characters. Coming together to not just provide something arousing but also satisfying narratively and mechanically. I’d love to see your team come together in the future to make another short experience like this.

4 Likes

Clearly, this deserved more time to make it more complete… But it’s still a success so if this ever get a “second version” or a “remake” then I’ll glad play it again ! ^^b

5 Likes

I’d like to nominate this entry for Best Minion.

Kit-Kat is the bestest of boys.

7 Likes

This is the best entry narrative wise this year. Great work.

3 Likes

Finished my first playthrough and all I need to say is well done. Games required a but of thinking and some timing, but they weren’t hard. Story was great and fetish content was aswell. Great job to everyone!

3 Likes

Really enjoyed this one. Kinda wish there was a quick epilogue of sorts but I’m still pretty satisfied with that ending.

4 Likes

Definitely a great job here! I liked it quite a lot. I really hope you guys go the extra mile and round it up after the jam, since the game is so good it is totally worth it, even if its a short story.

3 Likes

Way I have to say this is a great game, because it has a Great story with some twist in there and the art work was very good and last the ending I did not see that coming and it was a good wrap up.

3 Likes

A fun game! I enjoyed playing it!
Not sure where I can vote for it specifically but if/when I can, I shall vote for it! :smiley:

2 Likes

I finished my first playthrough of the game. Very good story, good sprites and some simple but good puzzles :smiley:

I hope you enjoyed doing it, because I think you really did a very good job. I hope to see you among the winners of this year’s Gain Jam :smiley:

4 Likes

Okay this one went hard, not gonna lie. Despite the rough state I really enjoyed it and fell in love with the well made writing and sprites. Excellent work everyone!

4 Likes

First Round Scores

Jux Score

Category Total
Game Runs: 50.0
Use of Theme: 50.0
Art: 7.5
Writing: 8.0
Music & Sound: 6.2
Mechanics: 4.9
Game Concept 8.1
Use of Fetish 8.1
Judge Preference: 6.8
Wild Cards Attempted: 3.0
Admin Wild Card: 3.8
Patreon Wild Card: 3.0
Community Wild Card: 2.0
Total: 161.4

Alex Score

Category Total
Art: 7.5
Writing: 10.0
Music & Sound: 6.0
Mechanics: 7.5
Game Concept 9.0
Use of Fetish 9.5
Judge Preference: 10.0
Admin Wild Card: 5.0
Patreon Wild Card: 5.0
Community Wild Card: 5.0
Total: 173.0

Roops Score

Category Total
Art: 7.0
Writing: 6.0
Music & Sound: 6.0
Mechanics: 6.0
Game Concept 6.0
Use of Fetish 7.0
Judge Preference: 0.0
Admin Wild Card: 3.0
Patreon Wild Card: 2.0
Community Wild Card: 2.0
Total: 148.0

Final Score: 482.4

3 Likes

It’s been a long time coming, but a new and improved version of Greed’s end has been made! While the core game is of course the same, there’s been a lot of fixes added to the early half of the game, and a TON of extra dialogue fleshing out the second half of the game. Hope you enjoy!

Minor patch, as I did not correctly update the final battle track. Sorry.

Also if you’d like to try my other, longer and ongoing work “Apostles”- here it is!

9 Likes

Grotlover2 Score

Category Total
Basics: 200.0
Art: 23.0
Writing: 29.0
Sound: 14.0
Concept/Design 103.0
Msc: 10.0
Admin Card Attempted: 5.0
Admin Card Score: 15.0
Patreon Card Attempted 5.0
Patreon Card Score 13.0
Community Card Attempted 5.0
Community Card Score 0.0
Total: 422.0

Comments:

When it comes down to it Greeds End is a fairly simple puzzle game built in RPG maker. While it really does not do too much intresting mechanically, with either its game play or the fetish it chooses to explore, it feels very well intentioned with most of the game feeling like it was crafted mainly in service to the story the dev wanted to tell. This leads to some simple, but still fun puzzles that do not feel out of place for as odd as they are.

I would say Greeds End two biggest strengths are its characters and its character art. The sprites made by CJ are some of the best fat sprites I have seen in many RPG maker games. The characters themselves are also intresting though Kit-Kat by far steals the show. A fun, hi-energy character who walked the fine line between fun and annoying very well which can be very difficult to pull off with high energy characters like him. His small 4th wall breaks and self-aware jabs also helped keep the story from taking itself too seriously which helped keep me interested in it.

While the story itself is intresting, the dialog can unfortunately drag on for too long and even get to the point of preachy especially in the beginning of the game. Its also not very hard to see the twist coming from a mile away, though I will say I was pleasantly surprised with how the twist was integrated in with the new game + card.

That being said, while I think it was clever, I wish it was executed on better. Since the game just restarts right into “new game + mode” and you go through different puzzles your second run through it feels much more like a continuation then a new game +. If some sort of 4th wall or meta based action was required to continue, such as choosing to reload the save even after failing, it would have made it feel a bit more like a new game + mode.

Though I think the largest miss for the entire game is the fact that the players actions do not really play into the twist at all. While risky, if the player was a bit more directly responsible for the actions that lead up to the twist it would have made it hit much better instead of it being so heavily scripted.

Overall, a fun RPG puzzle game though that I think would be intresting to see polished up and have its missing parts implemented.

Kilif Score

Category Total
Basics: 200.0
Art: 23.0
Writing: 30.0
Sound: 24.0
Concept/Design 49.0
Msc: 0.0
Admin Card Attempted: 5.0
Admin Card Score: 15.0
Patreon Card Attempted 5.0
Patreon Card Score 15.0
Community Card Attempted 5.0
Community Card Score 5.0
Total: 376.0

Comments:

I found this tedious to get through. There wasn’t a ton of game there, and what was there was more difficult than it needed to be because of the terrible hit detection in RPG Maker. The wrting also did not really do it for me. I appreciate story telling in fetish games, but the themes chosen here just took me out of it. I did appreciate the new game plus mechanic though, and tying it to progress through failure, but I’m not going to lie, this was not my favorite experience.

Scores

Art: 46.0

Writing: 59.0

Sound: 38.0

Design: 152.0

Total: 798.0