Growing Port Lee

Bug Report when I planted the red seed.

############################################################################################
ERROR in
action number 1
of Step Event0
for object manager_crops:

Variable obj_crop.e_per_crop(100477, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Object_manager_crops_Step_0
############################################################################################
gml_Object_manager_crops_Step_0 (line -1)

1 Like

V0.3.1

Changelog

-planting no longer crashes game
-fixed Noah’s shop having more prices than items
-fixed fishing taking energy twice
-got rid of the “nothing” item in the kitchen if you have no recipes (would crash the game if you clicked on it)
-kitchen now closes if you pause the game

3 Likes

Quick question, is there anyway to carry saves between versions or do we just need to start a fresh one for each update?

1 Like

This early on it’s going to be hard to keep saves compatible since I’m adding in so many completely new functions, but I am trying to keep things clean enough to let that happen. Once I squash this latest round of bugs there things should be stable enough to use saves from that version on.

1 Like

Hey, I don’t know why but I seem to be able to plant crops above the crops field outline. And I’m not sure if it’s just an issue for me but I can’t seem to use all of the allocated space the crop field gives me, namely the top right with rotatoes and some others like the pumpkin, and the whole right side and bottom right. The outline of where the crops are going to be planted disappear and I can’t plant anything in those specific spaces when I hover my mouse over them. I’m using the newest version if that is any help. And it’s not to do with my energy being zero, I can’t plant them even with full energy. I’ve drawn around where the main problems I’m having when trying to place a crop on those areas where the outline disappears when my mouse hovers over them. Hopefully this helps.

4 Likes

man what gifts do these people like i get the feeling sal like’s hamburgers but everyone else is kinda weird.

3 Likes

Not too sure if this bug was mentioned or fixed outside of the first version. But whenever I load a save after closing the game, all the characters are set so it’s as if you just arrived at the port (shops not open and Frank is outside your house)

3 Likes

Maybe a little Quality of Life addition would be a “Match Color” button when you change your appearance / clothing at the closet / character create, so you could make two or more parts of the body the exact same color, so you wouldn’t have to tweak around with the color picker for the same color.
Also, the color for a piece of clothing resets to white whenever you access the closet menu. It seems like it’s the last thing you changed last. Not really a major bug, but pretty annoying when you want to change pants and suddenly your head is white.

7 Likes

I got a little spooked when I saw the last thread was suddenly locked, but I’m glad this is the reason why. Definitely looking forward to all the changes moving forward!

2 Likes

Are the gapple trees not fully impleneted yet? No matter how much I shake the trees during fall, nothing happens.

1 Like

That’s odd, are they not dropping anything at all? Is other stuff still dropping items while the gapple trees aren’t?

1 Like

Did you go to the orchard itself? I was once experimenting with the trees outside the orchard to see if I could find anything, but they don’t drop the fruit.

1 Like

Bugs encountered so far:

• As mentioned by others, the gapple orchard trees drop nothing. Other trees drop sticks and stones drop stones as expected.

• Opening the wardrobe selector in your house for some reason resets the color of the body to default.

• At larger sizes, exiting the wardrobe may leave your character stuck in place.

3 Likes

I had the same problem. It even effected my past saves where the farmland was fine.

1 Like
  • As mentioned by others, the gapple orchard trees drop nothing. Other trees drop sticks and stones drop stones as expected.

The Gapple trees are part of a quest you can get from Quinn during the Fall season (talk to them in their mansion and select the “Need any help?” option). During the quest, the Gapple Orchard trees can be farmed once per day for Gapples that can either be eaten or sold to them for $200 per 10 Gapples, and the quest will automatically end when Fall ends.

1 Like

Yep, I know that. I took Quinn’s quest during fall and the trees still produced nothing.

1 Like

V0.3.2

Changelog

-adding an item while inventory is full no longer crashes game
-crop planting region fixed
-wardrobe closes when pausing
-body color no longer resets to white when opening wardrobe
-gapple trees now drop gapples during fall correctly

3 Likes

I don’t know if this is a bug per se, but if you gift somebody something from a later stack of a specific thing, it will instead take that item from the first stack of that specific thing. It’s only a mild perturbance.

1 Like

What does Beatrice like?

3 Likes

Have hints been implemented for characters’ likes in the game, or is it guesswork at the moment? Beatrice still likes one of the things she used to, but the others don’t seem to share the same fate.

2 Likes