Growth Academy general discussion

Here’s a charming young lady who might easily be a student at Seichou Academy. Hope it is OK to post this here.

Enjoy!

Even though it says Undefined the link still works.

Alice embracing her inner glutton was great and i can’t wait to see where it eventually leads.

1 Like

Is something wrong with the discord? Been unable to see anything but the welcome & rules for the past couple days.

Should be fixed now, make sure to react to the post in the rules channel to get the student role that will allow you to talk and be sure to select a team in the get-your-roles channel as well. This is a measure to prevent bots.

Thanks, working fine now!

Hey everyone! Happy (late) new year! You know what that means:

That’s right, Jay! But this time around, we have some good things coming your way! We’ve been busy working on:

New scenes! Lots of new stuff coming your way on this end, and you can expect the girls to all get a big boost in writing going in this build.

New sprites! Get ready for some new sprites to get added in this time around.

Toony Tunes! Get ready for some more music going into this build, as we got some good songs a comin!

More Backgrounds!

And of course, fixing up those bugs for you all!

Thank you all for following the development of growth academy! Hope you all have a good year!

I noticed the extra pictures for Shiori next to the image of her with the snow. Still trying to figure out how to get them.

I just discovered a bug. I amazed that there are hardly ANY bugs in a game this complex - a great tribute to everyone involved and showing amazing dedication to detail!

This bug occurred with Kei in Naomi’s route well along it, when they are enjoying the giant moon together.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script_gts.rpy", line 8449, in script
    scene Mountains with fade
Exception: DynamicImage u'Graphics/ui/bg/archiveBG/mountains_[gametime].png': could not find image. (u'Graphics/ui/bg/archiveBG/mountains_night.png')

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script_gts.rpy", line 8449, in script
    scene Mountains with fade
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1328, in execute
    show_imspec(self.imspec, atl=getattr(self, "atl", None))
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1167, in show_imspec
    atl=atl)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 768, in show
    sls.add(layer, img, key, zorder, behind, at_list=at_list, name=name, atl=atl, default_transform=default_transform, transient=transient)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 1139, in add
    thing.set_transform_event("show")
  File "renpy/display/transform.py", line 545, in set_transform_event
    self.child.set_transform_event(event)
  File "renpy/display/image.py", line 489, in set_transform_event
    return self.target.set_transform_event(event)
  File "renpy/display/image.py", line 719, in set_transform_event
    self.find_target()
  File "renpy/display/image.py", line 652, in find_target
    raise Exception(error)
Exception: DynamicImage u'Graphics/ui/bg/archiveBG/mountains_[gametime].png': could not find image. (u'Graphics/ui/bg/archiveBG/mountains_night.png')

Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Growth Academy (2022.1.1) 2022.1.1
Wed Apr 20 16:52:43 2022

Sorry, I’m no help with analyzing stuff, but hope others may find this report of some use. Hitting Ignore allowed us to carry on as usual. Naomi’s route is really delightful!

Hey all! Apologies on the tardiness of this update. Clock here coming at you with a new development journal for Growth Academy! We have been hard at work over the past few months, and I feel that work has paid off, because we got ourselves another build! And lets just say this one is pretty big, as you’ll see. What does it have?

Honoka has new scenes and rewrites in! Things are trucking along, and Breaker has been hard at work on making sure the Honoka route can shine!

Shiori has many new scenes. In fact… this is where her route ends. Well, at least one ending, that is! New scenes go to scene 100, where we’ll be seeing Shiori off for the Normal Ending of her route. Now, keep in mind that the ending is still VERY WIP; it still needs some touch ups, feedback, and CGs in, but all in all the writing is there! I want to say thank you to you all who have been following it for so long, and have been supporting the work I’ve been doing on it for the past 7 years. We still got more to come, but I really owe everything I do to you guys, and to the GA team, which though it has changed and developed over the years, I feel has always been there with me to keep me going. Thank you all. Similarly, Shiori also has a crossover scene with Honoka, so keep an eye out for that! Many thanks to all who helped me with it ^^

Naomi has multiple new scenes and rewrites as well! Be sure to check them out, as Naomi has some things to grow- I mean show! I’m sure you won’t have a Neutral reception to her this time around, but once ya get a good look at what’s been done, you can thank our local Ant :wink:

Akira has a lot of new scenes, including a crossover with Alice compliments of Murp, lots of new rewrites and dialogue adjustments (including scaling back some of the thigh crushing comments… doesn’t mean that Kei wants it to happen any less tho :P) and new sprites which are sure to turn some heads! Big thanks to Azorius for all of his work, and all those who helped out on the route too! Akira’s definitely building up some bulk!

Alice has some new scenes as well! Our gal is getting some good things coming, so I hope you’re all hungry for that! Murp and Little Joe have been doing a ton to get this going, and a ton is what you all are gonna get with this gal soon!

Finally, Aida has a bunch of new scenes in, and they are almost as sweet as she is! There’s quite a bit, so make sure to give it a look! Big thanks to Diant for making it happen!

And finally, MC scenes. Oooooh boy, MC scenes. This update, we have been working hard on making sure that the game is polished in a more general sense, including adding in more scenes to Kei’s everyday life outside of the routes! Murp, Diant, and Haen have all been working hard on making these as good as they can be, so give them a look when ya can! I know that in sketchbook events, there have been a lot of events to show off how we’ve been developing our characters, so come on in and give it a look when you can!

And lastly, there is a lot more done in the art and music department, which you can both see and hear as it comes along throughout the game! Keep your eyes and ears peeled for it, cuz you’re gonna love it!

Aaaaaand that should be it! (Barring things I’m inevitably forgetting XD). Once again, a big thank you to everyone who worked on this build and who supported us! We’re gonna keep doing everything we can to make GA be as good as it possibly can be, and I know that at the end of the day it will be something we all can be proud of!

The new build should be down below, and as always thank you all so much for following the development of Growth Academy!

4 Likes

Brilliant! Thank you - enjoying it already. I like that even the introduction is updated, so you have to start from scratch to see all the new stuff.

I can hardly wait for the next update

Finished Shiori’s route for now. God tier writing. It’s been a while since a game, especially something as niche as this, has made me sit back and reflect on myself. Actual tears were shed. Great work to everyone involved, and thank you for sharing it with all of us.

Have to report a bug in the Naomi route GTS039 Balance. Several errors occur - click on Ignore and it carries on.

This is the third occasion. Each has a different line number mentioned in the first line:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script_gts.rpy", line 7410, in script
    show GTS_S neutral-2
Exception: DynamicImage u'Graphics/GTS/[globalsize]_s/[GTSOutfit]/neutral-2.png': could not find image. (u'Graphics/GTS/3_s/default/neutral-2.png')

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script_gts.rpy", line 7410, in script
    show GTS_S neutral-2
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1197, in execute
    show_imspec(self.imspec, atl=getattr(self, "atl", None))
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1167, in show_imspec
    atl=atl)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 768, in show
    sls.add(layer, img, key, zorder, behind, at_list=at_list, name=name, atl=atl, default_transform=default_transform, transient=transient)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 1132, in add
    thing.set_transform_event("replace")
  File "renpy/display/transform.py", line 545, in set_transform_event
    self.child.set_transform_event(event)
  File "renpy/display/image.py", line 489, in set_transform_event
    return self.target.set_transform_event(event)
  File "renpy/display/image.py", line 719, in set_transform_event
    self.find_target()
  File "renpy/display/image.py", line 652, in find_target
    raise Exception(error)
Exception: DynamicImage u'Graphics/GTS/[globalsize]_s/[GTSOutfit]/neutral-2.png': could not find image. (u'Graphics/GTS/3_s/default/neutral-2.png')

Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Growth Academy (2022.4.2) 2022.4.2
Wed May  4 20:53:22 2022

Hey everyone! Clock here, and I hope you’re ready for a full moon at the end of june! As summer is in full swing, we’d like to give you all something to chill off with, and what better than a new update! What can be expected in this update?

Honoka:

• Rewrites for the first cooking club scene (035A) and the first size increase (010)
  • Two brand new scenes (045, 046)
  • Brand new CGs for (010 and 043)

Shiori:

• 4 new scenes: 95-G, 096-G, 097-G, 098-D (098-D is very wip, and lacks backgrounds or sprites, but the writing is all there ^^)
  • Size 3 Sad and Unique Front-facing sprites are colored
  • 8 new CGs by GoodNotGreat in two scenes (092, 098-D)

Naomi:

• Rewrite of scene 7
  • New CG set

Akira:

• New Scenes; 67, 68, 69
  • New Rewrites; 9 and 10
  • Meme Reduction and Banter Adjustments (31,34,40,43,46,50,52,54,57,59,60,61,62,66)
  • New CG
  • Sprite Updates (Akira Size 4 Neutral and Flex)
  • New backgrounds for Akira’s bedroom and some permanent and placeholder backgrounds for Okinawa arc
  • Sprite recolors! (Akira size 4 Neutral, Flex and more ;))

Alice:

• 3 new scenes: 071, 072, and WGGTS004
  • New expressions for Alice!

Aida:

• Scenes 34-36 have been rewritten entirely.

MC:

• One new MC scene
  • global005 scene rewrite
  • small updates and additional dialogues in three scenes
  • CG from GNG
  • Takamura’s neutral sprite
  • Tashi’s updated sprite
  • Tomo’s theme
  • Tomo’s reputation system

(Keep in mind, the new reputation system breaks saves and it’s advised to start over, using the debug menu ^^)

And finally:

A NEW INTRO!

And with that, this should be all for the update so far! Thank you all for following the development of GA, and I hope you enjoy the build!

2 Likes

Thanks, I was looking forward to it :smiley:

I’ve only had time to run the new intro - brilliant! Thank you! Looking forward to having time to play for longer!

Heyo everyone, Clock here! I hope everyone’s July has been great, and no-one’s being mistaken for a student after all these summer cookouts! After last months build, we’ve been working hard on growth academy to the best of our ability, and this time around, we got:

• Some rewrites in the works, a new outfit, and a new scene in development for Honoka!

• Shiori has some new scenes being worked on for her final endings!

• New scenes in progress for Naomi!

• Size 5 next update for both Akira and Nat with new scenes, the Okinawa arc has been finished, and a new CG is in the works!

• New Alice scenes, a new CG, size 5 is in progress, and new expressions are being retrofitted to old scenes.

• The fuckin UwU baby, Aida, has 2 new CGs coming, more rewrites, and a new theme!

There is also our first holiday event comin up for ya!

That’s all we got for now! Thank you all for following Growth academy, and set off those remaining fireworks before it becomes socially awkward! Now.

2 Likes

Haugust August everyone, Clock here! It’s back to school month, and so we did a lot of work as we brought all the gals back to ass- I mean class! This month, we have been chugging away at what we have planned, so how’s about I give ya a little sneak peak at what we have in mind and what we have in store.

New Scenes and Outfits being worked on for Honokokoka!

Shiori has a new scene finished up!

More Alice scenes being written, new outfits getting worked on, and some scene rewrites!

New Naomi scenes done and ready!

As for Aida and Akira, we’re chuggin along on what we’ve been working on, so expect more soon!

The Golden Week holiday event is in, and and RM001 has a new rewrite!

Finally, we’re still testing, but a feature for naming your save files is nearly ready!

Along with this, we’ve decided to begin implementing wip art and sketches for character sprites as we await new ones!

That should be all! We’re almost to the next build, so I hope the anticipation doesn’t mess with y’all too much! Enjoy the brisk fall air, and thank you for following the development of Growth Academy!

4 Likes

great game, just found an error, when in dialog with the teacher on AE 92