Growth Academy Modding Team (scrapped and moved on to something original)

Would you like an invite to our server? The team can definitely explain what we’re up to.

I mean, I guess. But is there a particular reason you don’t want to just respond here? Not trying to call you out or anything I’m just in 2 billion discord already and just wanted a bit more info on your concept.

Because this seems like an interesting idea I, and probably many others, just want to know a bit more.

Ah fair. Well if we can do this hear, you may just have to forgive some paraphrasing on my part. I’m just one part of the team, so I can’t speak for Festivia, Doodlebug, ect.

Well, for one, we’re perfectly aware that the VN is a work in progress, but also that certain things are far too late in production to change now, if they even should be changed. Alice is one. Some people like WG but are not fans of the Hime-dere trope that she’s built around. But also, Alice does have legitimate fans who shouldn’t have her taken away from them. We’ve each been on the GA discord at some point, either as a lurker or as a participant who’s been somewhat left out of the ven diagram by the direction the game is going. But what we want to do is put our money where our mouth is.

One of the things we’re doing is a Growth Swap mechanic. It’s gonna be a herculean effort on our part, so we’ve limited it to one character. But it’s something that unlikely to ever happen but there’s still some fandom demand for it, if you get me.

The side characters we want to play with are definitely gonna get official attention later down the line. We don’t doubt that. But what we want is for say, Chibuki, to have more than a side route. We want her to have 80+ scenes and CGs (heaven help us)

We wanna go above and beyond because we love the concept. The Devs have said you can’t please everybody. We wanna please ourselves, and hopefully others too who have some different preferences

If I’ve left anything out, please let me no. I’m not much of a public speaker

1 Like

I looked over your first post. Are you only looking to expand your art and coding team? Because I have experience with writing and would love to be apart of a project like this. I can provide copies of my work for you to review. If you don’t need another writer, I understand.

1 Like

We’re looking to expand our creative team in general! I’m gonna give you an invite to the server if you want

We’d love to give you a shot and explain to you what we’re up to!

I realise I definitely misspoke by calling the side characters “Underdeveloped”. You’re completely right that they’re not main characters, but we still want to make scenes and art about them. But we’re trying very hard to not throw what is essentially our fanfiction in the face of the actual devs, who’ve put so much work into making game they’re proud of.

Cool stuff. I always thought I’d like the side characters more then the main characters in terms of personality, and this mod looks like it’s gonna scratch that itch. People are being a bit harsh for some reason, but I like the idea you’ve got. GA has a lot of good side characters you can’t really do anything with, it’s nice to see them getting the spotlight. People are being a bit overly defensive on behalf of GA, but I don’t think it’s really warranted. Long as the main guys that’re making GA are ok with it, this looks pretty promising.

Is Tako going to be part of the mod? Love Shiori’s route, but I always crushed on Tako way harder 'cause of that punk aesthetic.

1 Like

Funny you should mention. We were talking about Tako stuff last night. We maaaaay have something really cool planned for her. We’re talking possibly playing as her for an optional scene or two.

And I understand the defensiveness. I didn’t word it right, and I think people got the wrong impression of what we wanna do. What we wanna do is more “Growth Academy Fanfiction” then tearing up grass, if that makes sense.

1 Like

Hope we catch your interest guys ^^

2 Likes

We’re currently on the hunt for beta readers, so please msg me if you’re interested

2 Likes

Hey guys just to let you know that the discord link is dead for me.

1 Like

It’s broken for me too ;:slight_smile:

Somebody came in and purposefully broke the rules so the link is down rn

sorry snakes I have a question
in the official growth academy discussion line the latest build is in Jan 10 or october 1st?
i wanted to try it before it gets forgotten

This is not the official GA thread that can be found here in the first post there is a mega link that has the most recent build(Oct 1st) linked there it’s the same as the discord link that was updated yesterday.

ah thank you…(they wanted 20 chracters so thanks again)

1 Like

@SnakesandLapines Since this is no longer being worked on might be a good idea to contact a mod and have them close the thread. Unless you would like it open for some reason.

good idea. thanks ^^ I’ll send the mods a note or however you do it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Closed at OPs request