Holiday Clicker. A cookie clicker style weight gain game.

Here is something I put together for the Fat Fortnight Game Jam.

It’s a cookie clicker with holiday food themed items.

I hope it works as I haven’t been able to test if it works on other computers yet. :crossed_fingers:

It’s more of a prototype right now however the back end is finished.

I won’t have time to change anything before the deadline for the game jam however I would like to add the following features in the future:

*replace the ellipse “belly” with real character art
*add food icon artwork
*add an end state
*change the game tic from every second to milliseconds (this will also fix the jerky belly growth)

If I get all that in there I would consider the project finished but I would also like to add in sound effects and music in a patch. And and options menu.

Well, hope you enjoy my very silly project. :jack_o_lantern::christmas_tree:

Nov 30 Update

New files are here, I will leave the original at the top of this post until the fat fortnight results are posted.
32 bit version that requires java:

64 bit version (standalone I think?):

I have added the ability to use your own character art.
just add a “Charater.png” file to the data folder to use your own art assets.

It’s still very simple and just stretches the image. (and looks bad at larger sizes).

Again, I hope you enjoy my project :christmas_tree:

2 Likes

Please keep in mind if this is an official submission for the Fat Fortnight Game Jam you must post the submission topic under this category:

https://forum.weightgaming.com/c/fat-fortnight-submissions/fat-fortnight-11-2018

Failure to do so will cause your game to not be counted as a submission. Forgive us if we where not clear on this.

my game wont open… :frowning:

I never played Cookie Clicker before! I now understand the appeal this was fuuuuun!

A game with potential that i hope is expanded upon in future

Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you, I re-build the game.

Try this link for the updated version, you will also need Java installed to run the files at this link:

I also updated it to support mods. sorta, also it’s really bad.

If you add a Character.png file to the data folder then it will use it in place of the silly circle.

yeah I can see why it’s bad, jesus that was horrifying, if you are planning on expanding it, I’d suggest coding it to detect the character and and redo pixels to where it doesn’t look blurry, also would be nice if adding a character actually made them fat instead of stretching them out like it currently does

The best way to do that that I can think of is to add more art assets for different sizes of fat. I’m debating on allowing users to add multiple files, or just one file set up like a sprite sheet.

Also I think I forgot to mention it is designed to use images that have a width/height ratio of 2/3.
200px wide by 300 tall for example.

Grotlover2 Score

Category Total
Basics: 20000
Art: 80
Writing: 0
Concept/Design 615
Msc: 25
Total: 20720

Comments:

For the most part a very standard cookie clicker game. Not much was done here and for the most part it is a by the numbers implementation. The game is way to short though and the weight gain can increase at an exponential rate allowing you to get through it very quickly. Really needs a better power curve and would very much benefit from a twist on its mechanics or better art assets to keep it interesting.

Kilif Score

Category Total
Art: 30
Writing: 15
Concept/Design 800
Msc: 100
Total: 20945

Comments:

Game is very straight forward and is as advertised. Could have done more with the concept, however, as well as on the art side. Its a good base idea to work from.

Juxtaterrestrial Score

Category Total
Art: 100
Writing: 0
Concept/Design 784
Msc: 100
Total: 20984

Comments:

The core mechanics are here. i think what would kick this game up a ton would be art assets and slowing down the gain a bit. One of the aspects of a cookie clicker is that it is a Skinner box. For a fetish game the thing that would keep people clicking would i think be a character slowly gaining

Total points: 62649

What I’m really hoping for is a way to play this on Mac. I’ve been trying to use Wine to translate, but nothing works. Any suggestions?

I know it’s a problem on my end, but I can’t find a way to run it. Dropbox can’t run exe files and I don’t know what else to do…

I can create a Mac compatible build but I’m away from my computer at the moment. I’ll add it to the original post in the future.

Much appreciated! I’ve heard good things about the game, so I really want to try it!