HoneyCombat🍯

According to all known laws of nature, there is no way a bee should have boobs. Its body structure is completely different from that of a human’s. The bee, of course, has boobs anyway, because anthropomorphics do not care what nature says is possible.

7 Likes

We should put this as a prologue in the complete version of the game. It made me laugh

5 Likes

I imagine that being narrated by David Attenborough, haha.

“The Waxer bee is… truly a… proud specimen that serves on the main line of the Queen’s army.”

4 Likes

Wait, hang on. “complete version?”
office

12 Likes

Hehe… it’s in the talks backstage. After all the good reception this has gotten, it seems there is demand for more…

Take it with a grain of salt though. There is nothing official yet :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

Just the fact that it’s confirmed actually being considered behind the scenes rather than simply said ‘it’s a possibility’ is good enough.

If it’s any incentive, a lot of us would probably throw money at the project, much like the finished version of Super Fatty Office Administrator Simulator.

4 Likes

Genuinely fun little game. Even if this doesn’t get too much traction as a full version, I had a fun time with it. The individual units are all pretty cute on their own, but I definitely have my biases.

The Waxer’s fists are built for pain but her body is built for comfort

12 Likes

Ohhhh, I love this so much! Thanks for the fan art!

I can already tell you that this artwork and yall’s positive comments are a great motivator for us!

thank youuuu!:two_hearts::two_hearts:

4 Likes

Also, how are the characters animated? I’ve wondered this for a while, how “non-grid pixel art,” as i’m calling(it for lack of a better term), is done.

3 Likes

Good eye! Nope, it is not conventional pixel art entirely. We used 2d rigged animations for this.

First I made the sprites using layers, separating every single body part on its own layer

Once the bee character is done, I send each limb as an individual png. to @Modnaryug and he gives bones to each limb, rigging the entire body together. Until it ends up a bit like this:

Then Mod proceeds to animate them as he does, and sends the animations as a sprite sheet to be inserted into the game!

This rigging method saved us a lot of time in this jam. One would take way longer animating the conventional way. I’m glad it turned out to look as well as it did!

8 Likes

Thanks for that flashback.
Playing this game with this soundtrack in the background now. 10 Hours of Age of War Music - YouTube

4 Likes

sadly healing the queen(castle/tower) goes against the game loop of this genera. if the object of defense could health then you would never lose unless the enemy had something completely BS up their sleeve and then it would feel unfair to the player or just too easy over all.

3 Likes

I love this game, I’d love play more with new ideas in future! Maybe add defense props or something like that.

2 Likes

what do you mean by defense props?

1 Like

I’m guessing he means buildable walls and turrets.

1 Like

thats what i thought too but i wonder if they mean something else

1 Like

This is a weight gain game, so naturally the walls and turrets would just be characters fattened to immobility.

4 Likes

We actually did consider a unit that built defensive walls but ended up scrapping the idea. This is a much better idea as well, lol

3 Likes

Hey!
I’m must to say that game is great.
And I’ve got an idea. I focused the queen from the beginning she was just thin and beautiful. When upgrades come the queen be thicker and bigger and the unit “characters” upgrade are in same time.

4 Likes

Buildable walls yes but not Turrets because there is already one

2 Likes