Idol Maker: Refined Palette

My game for the jam, still being worked on.

The game is a visual novel/management game where you play as the manager of a new up and coming idol from an idol company that’s run on hard times. To fund her career, the company already has a contract with a fast food corporation to make her their spokesperson in exchange for having her work off the debt in the contract over the course of the next 3 years. Your goal is really up to you, but you’ll probably want to clear up that debt if you want any decent ending.

Push her to her limits, and set her career up for success (of failure). Idols have certain expectations, such as maintaining their figure, but being a spokesperson for a sketchy fast food company makes that a little hard. So it’s a good thing the corporation is willing to help you out by employing a little social engineering in the media, pushing the limits of what kind of figure is expected of idols (at the low, low, price of more debt)!

Gameplay to expect is kind of a mix of Princess Maker, Idol Manager, and (to a much lesser degree) Huniepop.

Majority the of art is mine, but it does still use RPG maker assets and ai generated backgrounds for the sake of time. 10 weight levels, and a clothing system (though that won’t mean much for the jam version).

58 Likes

Her head looks a little bit too small

7 Likes

I’m so hyped for this, I love management games so the gameplay seems right up my alley!

2 Likes

gonna be a good time watchin them bars go up mmm progression my favorite kink XD

3 Likes

I have been desperately trying to make a princess maker like game, but I remain too stupid to code it

Thank you for living my dreams, super excited for this!!!

4 Likes

Thie size is fine, but her neck is too short.
she looks like a turtle :smiley:

5 Likes

I agree, but I think it has to do more with the unbroken line between the chin and side of the head that matches too exactly with the hairline. Lengthening the neck would probably help too. When it comes to proportions, you could usually do a total height to head length count. I suck at drawing, but I think it’s like 6 to 8 heads for anime characters.

Regardless, I am excited to see when this is available for us to play with.

2 Likes

Looks good, looking forward its release

2 Likes

Hopefully I can have a “screw around” demo out some time tomorrow. No promises though.

6 Likes

Idol Maker: Refined Palette by failmuseum (itch.io)
Here’s the little incomplete demo. Like I said, it is incomplete and a lot of interactions don’t do anything (though I tried to clean it up a bit just to prevent activating something that causes everything to break).

Please report any bugs you see, but don’t bother with things like saying “Dance lessons didn’t do anything when I selected it”, because a lot of stuff just hasn’t been started yet. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oh yeah, I probably should mention, read the “Explanation” option found on the icon with a bunch of numbers and math symbols on it. It’s basically the tutorial, it explains what everything does. probably should have mentioned that :slight_smile:

But do it in the Apartment, since the other page’s stats menu might not be fully up to date yet.

1 Like

Missing asset after trying to do a mukbang stream.

2 Likes

uploading fix now. I don’t know why sometimes the “exclude unused files” option just doesn’t work quite right.

1 Like

I only played for a little bit so far but I found myself getting soft locked when I tried talking to the idol at the grocery store. It got stuck in a loop of the same text box over and over again.

2 Likes

um its not available to download at all now, did you pull it off the page?

2 Likes

for the moment yeah, new one should be up in a couple minutes. Something weird happened when I uploaded it the first time, so I renamed the file and I"m trying again

1 Like

It’s up again for download now

1 Like

What was she saying when it happened?

1 Like

He is most likely talking about this, it’s not just @ the grocery store.

2 Likes

and is this text box looping, or is just it all that she’s saying?

1 Like