Idol Maker: Refined Palette

Hey, I got a bug were she will go naked in the winter and not get dressed for nothing, I cant leave the home

1 Like

did you order new clothing? also are you at weight level 10 or not?

I think the issue is the underwear as it’s not available in teh shops for some reason I thiiink. I remember having to cheat the actual inventory out proper to progress.

1 Like

The endings are probably going to be a bit abrupt for the jam version, I don’t have time to do the princess maker thing of having a ton of different resolutions based on your stats like I want to do eventually.

It’s done (hopefully), the game is ready to go for the jam!

Idol Maker: Refined Palette by failmuseum (itch.io)

8 Likes

How do you raise affection and Energy? All the tasks add significant ammount of stress and there is very little you can do to keep it low, especially when all activities raise it except tv and anything else that costs alot of money to lower it by a little bit.

1 Like

You get energy by having low laziness and high stamina (intervals of 50). Try to to gain weight super fast, or else you’ll have problems with energy. If you start to struggle with energy, consider buying cola.

Also, don’t use the commercial as a means of regular income. It causes stress to go way up really fast.

I mean there isn’t much of a choice since you are required to do 1 commercial for sure every 4 cycles and everything else requires money except singles. The other two days are more often spent on getting stress low. Tnx for replying though, I’ll try it out

1 Like

If stress really gives you trouble after the commercial, take her to the cinema right after the commercial. Take the 50 CASH you get and watch a movie. It’s -20 stress. May seem like a waste, but if it gets you out of a hole with stress, it’s not a bad option. Also, if you only have 3 energy and still have to do a commercial, drink a cola first. It’s more stressful to go over the energy limit than it is to drink the soda.

1 Like

Very early, but this is what I’m kind of thinking what the stamina idol will look like. Outfits and pose will be different though.

12 Likes

Gameplay/mechanics advice, spoiler tagging in case ppl want to find out on their own:

Going to the gym is free, it will improve your energy levels by increasing stamina/decreasing laziness, and when laziness is low, will also decrease stress. Raising stamina also helps increase physical skills like eating, dancing, gaming, etc. You can use the gym to counterbalance laziness gain from watching TV (which provides good free stress reduction + slight affection boost), or find means of making money (I’ve found the fast food job is nice with high cooking, streaming seems to ramp up in profit the more fans you have, I haven’t looked into making music yet but it seems to be a means of income) and pay for movie tickets (which gives big stress reduction + decent affection boost)

Going to the beach is a free means of slight stress reduction, and potato chips can also reduce stress (though they cost money)

Splurging at the fast food place is a good way to increase affection, though it might need high gluttony

2 Likes

I feel like I’ve seen this game around in a previous jam. I might be mixing it up with another one though. But if it is that same game, because I remember it unfortunately being taken down by the creator because of time constraints, then I’m glad to see it back up with a bit more polish.

I’ve ran into a bug. I think I am at the 3rd weight stage, where she outgrows her clothes. After buying more the new clothes don’t stay on. I tried buying bigger sizes but she ends up wearing none after I leave the selection screen.

1 Like

Size 3 needs Size M clothing, are you putting on size L and it’s not working?

You’re mixing it up with another game, this is completely new. I’ve been around for every jam (though this is only my second time entering), and I can’t think of what game you might be mistaking this one for.

I am planning on updating this post jam, yeah :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, that worked. Thanks, and while I’m at it. I think you did a great job simulating the idol manager type of gameplay loop. There’s a learning curve to it, but I think it’s rather well done.

1 Like

So I ran into a bug that I’m not sure how to recreate. Luckily it was right after one of the rare times I saved, so I didn’t lose much progress. The weight stage is 3. When going to the burger place, I ordered the Idol Basket. When the Idol asked for another one, I selected “no”. For that scene, the screen darkens around her. Even after the scene was done, the screen stayed dark. This persisted when I went to the map. I thought it was just a minor visual bug that would fix itself, but after entering the studio, all of the options had disappeared, leaving me softlocked.

1 Like

After a bit of testing, this only seems to happen with the idol basket. I couldn’t test for higher tier food items, because they don’t cause the prompt (due to maxing out hunger). All other locations lose their options when this bug happens, but going back to the burger place doesn’t change anything. (neither the black screen or the available options).

1 Like

yo anyone knows how to start the button popping challenge and is weight level 10 the final stage?

1 Like