šŸ’œ Insatiable Hearts [v0.1.3B] - A monsterfucker+Weight gain Twine Game

yee! I love that. I defs want to have more cross mutation combinations because thereā€™s a lot of fun to be had in just mixing and matching parts one likes ~

more transformations in general of course. But alas, eventually ~

6 Likes

Aye Iā€™m loving the blends too. Mostly. Think my last run I ended up a really bizarre mix of blob, jelly, cow pig girl. Not too sure about the oojin transforms - not my bag - but I wanted to try it anyway just to experience it. Not really tried the melopoids yet - waiting for their area to get fleshed out. Surprised Iā€™ve not tried pig more. Think I was just enjoying cow girl too much haha. Though not even managed to find anything to do neph transforms to check them out.

1 Like

Hey folks! Iā€™m not dead! lol. Been a busy time after the new year. The long short is family, job searching, working on sfw stuff, getting sick, recovering, blah blah blah. The typical messes of life.

Anyways, Iā€™m crawling back with a bit of an update, nothing too crazy, but a nice pin to mark the new year. Admittedly I got torn between too many ideas and had to really cut down in order to not just have a bunch of half backed threads. So, part of my thinking going into 2024 is Iā€™ll focus on smaller but more concise and more frequent updates. Weā€™ll see of course. Iā€™ll have to get a feel for it all anyways as my pace is, as always, my pace.

So, whats the highlights here?

This update brings a couple new systems.

The first is an introduction to the planned magic system. Dream-weaving.

If the player talks to Lexi the alp about it they can be taught how to use magic, a few basic interaction spells. A couple Flesh bending spells can additionally be learned from Baronet Laurent. These donā€™t have a whole lot of applications just yet, but the magic system will come more into play over time, opening new options and interactions throughout the game.

Additionally Iā€™ve added the ā€œthoughtsā€ system, which allows the player to customize how their character feels. Right now its just whether they find weight gain shameful or not, which affects some flavor text.

Both of these things can be accessed through the ā€œconsult selfā€ menu

Additionally I sunk some time into something silly, even more flavor over substance, but Iā€™ve integrated an image pack for the game. Right now it includes 11 regional backgrounds I made and a handful of character profile icons taken from previous sketches and art work Iā€™ve done for them. Theyā€™ll have a more unified quality eventually, this was, more or less, a test. But seems to work good so far.

You can continue to play the game without images of course, but if youā€™d like the new backgrounds and character profiles, simple download the image pack version of the game and launch it from the same folder. It should load in the images as expected.

Eventually this will be utilized more for specific scenes and dynamic changes for character weight gain etc. Theyā€™re just sketches for now, but an example can be seen with Kip, her icon has three stages right now that change as she gets bigger. So, a little treat and a tease for later improvements

Anyways. Thank you all, so so much for your support through my job hunting period despite the lack of communication on my part. Hoping to be more on top of things soon, but I hope you all enjoy the bits of content I cooked up in the mean time ~

For supporters, you can find this version of the game up on patreon now. Everyone else, you can enjoy the last supporter version as itā€™s now public ~

Change log: Insatiable Hearts V0.1.3A

Summary

Additions:

• Added a debug feature the appends the last time a passage was edited to the bottom of the page. Just to help indicate if something is outdated
  • Maeve can now be examined
  • Added a few more random sights to the harbor
  • Added a new menu to the gameā€™s main areas, ā€œConsult Selfā€ which allows the player to change aspects of their mind, sins and corruption. (work in progress)
  • Added the ability to change pronouns through the ā€œConsult Selfā€ action.
  • Added the thoughts system. Specific thoughts can be added or removed from the players mind in the ā€œConsult Selfā€ menu. This alters status flavor text among other small things. The currently avaiable thoughts includes ā€œgluttonous thoughtsā€, ā€œthoughts about weight gainā€ and ā€œfeelings of shame about weight gainā€. Gluttonous thoughts have a chance to raise the gluttony stat
  • Added a new status bar and variable, Astral Resonance, a ā€œmagic resourceā€ bar for the upcoming magic system, dreamweaving
  • Talking to lexi about dreaming-weaving and asking them to training you will open the option to unlock dreamweaving through them after
  • A new system has been added, Dream weaving, it draws upon a new resource, resonance, which can be gathered from spall or other sources
  • Basic spells will be available in the new ā€œconsult selfā€ Dreamweaving menu. These are basic and include absorbing power from spall, creating spall and releasing excess energy.
  • Three additional spells, fat absorption, fat gain and fat loss can be learned from Baronet Laurent after unlocking dreamweaving
  • Maeve can now be asked about ā€œDreamweavingā€ and ā€œalpsā€ provided the player knows the subjects
  • Players that have dreamweaving unlocked can now use their powers to examine amelieā€™s curse, attempt to break it or fatten her. This wonā€™t quite work, but adds details to her future quest stages
  • Amelie can now be asked about ā€œdreamweavingā€
  • A test image pack has been created for the game and has be integrated in a few ways and includes 10 backgrounds and 13 character profiles icons. Most regions in the game now have a background image. Some characters now how profile images that show in the relationship index. The art used is largely taken from my previous drawn material, so some characters only have simple sketch work at this time. This will be improved over time.
  • As a test, Kipā€™s profile image has 3 stages that depict her according to her weight gain. Similarly 3 full body sketchs will display her weight when using the ā€œlook at herā€ option

Changes:
~ Started a fresh changelog for 2024. The previous set of logs is now tucked away and can be displayed below with the ā€œDisplay Old Changelogā€ button
~ Scenes that mention ā€œlittle lizard folkā€ are now replaced with the word geckling once the player learns the term
~ Adjusted how corruption is calculated to include gluttony, lust, greed and sloth attributes in part of the overall percentage of corruption
~ The tether bar only displays when less than full but not empty
~ Maeve no longer refers to the player as a ā€œmankinā€ the first time they meet if the player isnā€™t human at the time
~ All ā€œrelationship unlockedā€ blurbs now use the new character profile cards

Bug Fixes:
x Various small typos and corrections
x Fixed a small issue with mystery potions
x Fixed Delphiā€™s relationship info not appearing in the relationship panel due to a malformed flag
x Fixed Maeveā€™s relationship marker not appearing in the relationship tab

19 Likes

and i was just about to head to bed NVFM we cooking bois :smiling_imp: :coffee:

2 Likes

For those that may prefer not downloading anything. Iā€™ve uploaded the latest public build to Itch.io
Insatiable Hearts by Owlkaline

4 Likes

Hello, Iā€™ve been lurking around the forum for a while, and found this game some time ago (very good game by the way).
I was messing with the Itch release, and it seems to not let you save, but only if you download and run it through the Itch app itself (it works perfectly fine if I play it on my browser, whether through the Itch website or by running the html file).
Hereā€™s an image of the error that happens whenever I try to save:

I did a bit of digging, and it seems like this is some sort of issue with electron, but it doesnā€™t seem to affect other games, such as The Curse of Something. I donā€™t think this is game-breaking or anything, since you can just download it separately, but itā€™s weird that it doesnā€™t happen in other games.

1 Like

Iā€™ve enjoyed what Iā€™ve seen so far, definitely strikes the good balance between surreal horror that gives it a tense feel, but erotic and beckoning the player to press on! Definitely seeing the influence of Corruption of Champions and the Boundless games, fills the same space for me that they left behind.

1 Like

Iā€™m feeling the stretchmark mechanic needs a bit of work because gaining 300 of fat lbs in six days should result in more than ā€œYour belly has a few tiny faint stretchmarks, little faded whispers of of your over-indulgence.ā€

I think this is the culprit:

<<if _difference >= RNG(0.5,3)>>/If weight has changed/

So small changes might not change it 1 lb per hour donā€™t trigger it, and then you also do this weird thing. Maybe the threshold should be based on rate of change instead.

&lt;&lt;set _stretchchange to (($player.fat.current - $player.fat.previous)/_difference)&gt;&gt;

Iā€™m not 100% sure on what the fat variable tracks, but doesnā€™t this just cap the stretchchangeat at 1 ?

2 Likes

Oops.

3 Likes

pfffffffffffff WTF XD did you find a way to eat laurent or something!? hahahah

4 Likes

Pc got infected by glutwyrm, and then fed on the roots in the dark mire a few times, in between snacking on the barrels there. I think the glutwyrm really supercharges it.

All the brakes are off the gain train then, the roots can fill up any stomach, no matter how large, and also increase it by a proportional amount.

2 Likes

First time trying this game and itā€™s some of the best work Iā€™ve seen on this site. Particularly, I love the writing, with thorough descriptions and solid atmosphere. It has the expansive world of Corruption of Champions with the wild imagination of Tainted Elysium. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve played a twine game with this much imagination in a long time. All the mechanics work very well together making for a much more engrossing experience than your standard CYOA. I really canā€™t wait to see what you have in store for later updates!

3 Likes

@hailbreaker this seems a little beyond me, but sorry about that bug! It might have to do with how my game allows for custom save naming, which wasnā€™t an innate twine feature? I am unsure, but Iā€™ll see if I can find something out

@ThreeBeersDown Iā€™m so glad youā€™re enjoying what I have so far. Horror and erotic is kind of my favorite flavor pallet, so you use it in broad strokes, but I am glad that it works. Hehe ~

@R.B Yeah, I was never quite satisfied with the stretchmark system and there was a number of things I wanted to add like skin elasticity related to TFs and other things. It really got neutered as an after thought in one of the updates, so I full intend to redo that system for sure ~

also, lmao, wow, that screenshot, really taking things to the limits ahha!

@Solar-G That really means a lot to hear. This is a hobby of mine, but its something Iā€™m very passionate about and Iā€™m glad that seems to be coming through in my writing. Corruption of Champions is certainly a foundational work for us all Iā€™m sure. CoC and Boundless were big influences on my work, and Elysium, Elysium will always be a part of me I feel. Iā€™m glad that this game can carry that torch some and scratch that itch so to speak ~

4 Likes

Idea: when vore options get added for the player when exploring any or the biomes if the prey was bovien in nature then you would end up geting some of its DNA for transformations.

Is the sheewog tf in the next update?

Probably a dumb question, but will (non-fatal) popping or bursting be added at any point?

1 Like

this game is top notch, some real good shit. it will be even better when art and MC being able to vore other characters gets added 10/10

Hey yall, happy spring! Iā€™ve just updated the public version of the game to the last supporter version. It boasts a collection of new images for the backgrounds and characters as well as a new magic system, a thoughts system and a few other tidbits

As for the supporter version :point_down:

Got a decent update, focusing on several new TFs, egg laying, some new items and some improved mechanics. Still having struggles at home, some tech issues and still on the dang job hunt, but got some wind in my sails this time around to get some fun stuff added. Not a whole lot in the character driven content unfortunately, but for those whoā€™ve been waiting on more TFs and other tid bits, this oneā€™s for you.

The next update Iā€™m going to be a little more focused on character quests and dates, provided I get all my ducks in a row. Which brings me to another matter. Thereā€™s been some back and forth about what Patreonā€™s changes to their terms of service means for NSFW creators like myself. Seems weā€™re in the clear for now, but just in case thatā€™s to change in the future Iā€™ve setup a subscribestar here

Itā€™s quite similar to patreon and I was able to set up the same kind of discord benefits among other things. So if you prefer to use that platform over patreon feel free, otherwise maybe bookmark it for later should Patreon ever start nuking NSFW creator pages haha.

anyways ~

Hereā€™s the supporter updateā€™s changelog ~

Version 0.1.3B changelog

Version 0.1.3B - (03/25/2024)

Additions:

• Delphi now has a fully rendered profile icon
  • Added a bit more flavor text for when the lust vice increases
  • Added more flavor text for breast, belly, hip, bottom and thigh growth
  • Added A new location to the harbor pier, Renard Swainā€™s gunshop. The skeevy hunter can be interacted with to learn about a sheewog he is hunting. There are a few things he can be asked, but this is mostly a tie-in for future Fyrfli quest content
  • Added ā€œpregnancyā€ to the thoughts system including a variety of pregnancy related messages
  • Added an oviparity system, oviparous characters will lay eggs after a given period and cycle into diapause. The egg laying scene will vary slightly based on egg size and clutch size. The player does not need a uterus to lay eggs.
  • Added cow pattern skin and pigā€™s peach fuzz to their respective tf options
  • Laying eggs adds them to your inventory
  • Added items Egg(small), Egg(medium), Egg(large), Egg(Extra Large) and Egg (Giant). Basic egg items that can be laid that have different nutrient densities. Each has a small chance to increase oviparity
  • Add a new pop out table that displays the playerā€™s various species tf percentages. It can be accesed by clicking on the ā€œmutagensā€ stat bar or by selecting the option within the ā€œcharacterā€ panel
  • The species detection system can now do combination species. Not all will be reflect yet, but for example, a player who is 40% bovine and 60% oojinn will now be called a moojinn etc.
  • Added Species ā€œMidden Mongrelā€ as a sort of catch all race for any transformation combo that doesnā€™t have its own unique from
  • Added a new item ā€œscaly mossā€ also known as ā€œyipnipā€ an edible moss enjoyed by gecklings. Causes geckling transformations. Playerā€™s with a geckling snout will experience euphoria when eating the moss just like felines with catnip. It can be acquired from a mossy patch in the junkyard. Additionally gecklings in game will react to it and it can be sold to delphi.
  • Added new transformations to the berry tf set, including hair, eye, and skin type changes as well as photosynthesis
  • Added a new encounter to the astral shore, a nacreous sphere can be found that when found can cause random mutations in the player
  • Kip will now react to the player carrying scaly moss. She can be given it for a new scene where she gets intoxicated and lusty
  • Added a little bit more variety to a handful of status messages
  • Added a new item, ā€œrecalled laboratory cheeseā€, it causes the new rodent transformation set
  • Added a new item, ā€œdog treatā€, it causes the new canine transformation set
  • Players with dreamweaving unlocked can now manipulate their mutations slightly. During a trasnformation event there is a new menu to concentrate on a body part to influence the outcome
  • Melapoid, geckling and broodbeast tfs all have a chance to cause oviparity in the player. Melapoid focuses on egg production rate, geckling focuses on egg clutch size and broodbeast focuses on egg size

Changes:
~ Eating Geckling eggs while out of diapause can cause eggs count and egg growth rate or other oviparity changes
~ Amelieā€™s portrait and descriptions have been corrected for missing her glasses
~ Broodbeast Oocytes now cause oviparity changes
~ When examined, Delphi, Amelie, fyrfli and lexiā€™s profiles images will now display at the top of the page
~ The tooltip that displays mutagen types will now only display them if their value is above 0, to save space
~ Reduced maximum page undoā€™s to 10 from 40 in order to save file space amd load times for mobile devices and lower end systems. The number of pages stored in history can be modified through the debug system
~ Body fluid changes like juice, grease or slime now count towards their relevant species changes in the species determination system
~ Improved a number of TFd part descriptions in the character panel
~ Separated mouth and face types to be more accommodating for snouts and other facial structures ā€œmouth typeā€ now mostly affects lips teeth and jaw forms, face is the overall structure
~ reduced the frequency of some status messages until they get more variety
~ Melapoid and cow TFā€™s now have a chance to increase height while rat and geckling tfā€™s have a chance to decrease height
~ Added more blurbs per usual
~ Bethanieā€™s boutique can now change the playerā€™s facial hair and fur color if the player has any
~ Broodbeast Oocytes can now be consumed

Bug Fixes:
x Fixed some missing components in the species detection system resulting in off outcomes
x Fixed Kindred of Grease hair types not being described in the character description
x Fixed the melapoid species trigger message using the wrong flag
x Fixed some of kips scenes using the wrong scale for her fat levels

Patch 1
x Fixed not being able to consume the broodbeast oocyte item
x Fixed a large undefined chain message just after creating oneā€™s character
x Fixed a few missing passage dates
x Fixed a missing scene with the player giving kip the yipnip. For now this is tide into the existing belly rubs pleasuring scenes but will be improved upon at a later date
~ Having ā€œpregnancyā€ thoughts active increases the chances of oviparious TFs happening
~ The mutagen menu can be opened inside the character page now

20 Likes

Public update hype! Yayyyyy!

1 Like

I think this is pretty neat : D